FE7 Skills:Exorcist,Pick,Pierce,Summon/Also latona for item:P

marlon0024

Hello Guys, is there any tutorial for this kind of hacking? Im Trying to port FE8 Classes to FE7, but there is a limit, For Rouges I need Pick (No item chest and door opening) Pierce for Wyvern Knigths and summon, for obvious class. As far as i know, summon is posible, is in Elibean Knights, and for pick and exorcist, i might use the efectiveness pointer and the lockpick Pointer to start. For summon i can even use The Light Rune efect, it uses an actual class, i could just make an infinite Item and lock it to summoner Class, there are a lot of kinks for it, like level, weapon and char. So, is there anyone who could give me some Guide on this? Cause i think the dance/play is also an item...

And for the last thing, Can Latona be made by just mixing the staff bytes?? I would be like restore, fortify and recorver together.

Or If anyone has code for any of this, raw code is the best. Or if anyone knows where the routines of this are in FE8 that would be great too.

The answer is writing your own assembly routines.

IIRC, EN's "summon" were just turn events that spawned units. Activation skills beyond Lethality aren't native to FE7's code, so you'll have to write them yourself.

Ok, then one last question, how do i get a Byte in class skill to point to a ASM routine?, or a Byte in the Item efects to point to a ASM routine? Or a Byte in any table? Cause i know how to reppoint and all, but when i write that hipotetical asm routine, how do i make it run or be ussable for X class?

You wouldn't have a "byte point at an assembly routine". You would edit the battle calculations routine(s) and check if the combatants have the skill(s) you're looking for and act accordingly.

Or in the case of the Pick skill, you'd edit the routine that checks for lockpicks and keys to also check for the Pick skill so that the menu would display the Door/Chest command.