Do you want to make a contribution to my project?

Avril Lavigne

I WILL UPDATE THIS FURTHER WHEN I RELEASE THE FIRST PATCH AND ONWARD

Not sure if this is going to work... but I'm lazy and I want the community involved haha

Alright, so I have tons of room for extra characters. However, I do not have the artistic ability and patience to create original characters.

So what I'm proposing is....

YOU CREATE THE CHARACTER!! (For my project: The Grand Archipelago)

1. Create a Portrait - Obviously, character needs the portrait, and chibi

2. Assign that character to a class - which class do you want your character to be? You can create one if you like, but you also must give me all of that data as well (map sprites, battle sprites, etc, etc.)

3. Please give the battle palette - I do not really know the ins and outs of battle palettes, as I just copy and paste palettes, but I would really like if I would be given the colours in the proper order (cause I have no idea what order they go in)

4. Name your character!

If you are comfortable with giving me a character, please PM me when you are done. DO NOT post all of the character components on the thread.

Give me your feedback!

(Also I've completed a few chapters already, still in early stages though)

Edited by Avril Lavigne

Um, could you please give us more info regarding the project itself, the story, gameplay, themes...

A palette template would also be helpful to people who don't understand them.

I can update this, yes. However, I do not even understand palette's myself. This thread was started for people who have more experience. I will be releasing my first patch hopefully this week, and there I will give better context.

Just my 2 cents, but I had something like this for Staff of Ages (except on Reddit and not here), but we made it more limited by design so we could tweak submissions to fit better (and not end up with a bunch of characters with the same personality).

Letting them choose a class might not be good for your game's balance, unless you're reserving the right to edit them as you see fit.

Well I readjusted my story (again) and I think that I got it good this time. However, I have a lot of wiggle-room in some areas of my story to fit extra characters in.

I was going to include what kind of characters that I would like, but I guess I did not include that in the original post. I think when my exams are done I'm going to finish up the last couple chapters for the first patch, release it, and then update this thread.