Recruiting Your Own Avatars

Flareblade

I saw a GameFAQs topic discussing the avatar logbook and if there's any way to make an avatar in one save and recruit them in another, of course without having to beat the game to add units to the logbook at the end.

Well, I found a method to do this. I've already done it to make two new units in my main save. It's easy and won't take to long either.

Step 1: Create a new save file. I highly recommend just doing Normal Phoenix but the difficulty is up to you.

Step 2: Whatever class you plan to use this avatar as in your other save, choose the corresponding base class when you create your avatar.

Step 3: Make sure to skip every cutscene to do this the fastest.
Step 4: When you are allowed to open up the menu during battles, go to settings.

Step 5: Turn the speed of the game to Fast and turn Advanced Auto on. You can also turn all animations off.

Step 6: Change the auto-battle to Blitz and do it every Player Phase

Step 7: Skip both phases.

Step 8: Do steps 6 and 7 every single chapter until Chapter 12.

Step 9: Upon beating Chapter 11, you will unlock the Einherjar Shop. This will be the key to recruiting this avatar in another file.

Step 10: Go to castles or through your logbook to purchase skills you may want for your avatar. If you don't have enough gold to buy all the skills you want, I recommend storing all of your units inventory in the convoy and selling it all, since you won't really need to go through any more battles.

Step 11: After buying your skills, purchase the Einherjar of your avatar.

Step 12: Your avatar will be added to the logbook, where you can recruit them in your main save file.

Note: These steps are the ones you have to do in order to recruit in another file. You can use any stat boosting items along with class seals, but they are optional.

I don't really have too much of a sense of how difficult Conquest and Revelation are so you may need to add some extra work on certain chapters, but otherwise, this will probably take about an hour total, possibly even less.

I hope this helps anyone out!

Einherjar purchased from the Einherjar Logbook will only have skills currently equipped to them so equip the 5 you absolutely want.

Einherjar characters also can't learn skills from the Logbook and skill buying; they can only learn new skills via reclassing, leveling up, and skill manuals.

Einherjar purchased from the Einherjar Logbook will only have skills currently equipped to them so equip the 5 you absolutely want.

Einherjar characters also can't learn skills from the Logbook and skill buying; they can only learn new skills via reclassing, leveling up, and skill manuals.

They also can't use Dragon Veins

There are limitations to using the Einherjar Shop, mainly being that it seems to be limited to a single male and single female avatar. Also, like Roflolxp54 has stated, the Einherjar Shop will only save the five skills you have equipped.

Saving characters at the end of the game allows you to save multiple avatars as well as gain access to all of their learned skills instead of just five. Of course, this involves completing the entire game, which can be rather tiring unless one really wants an Avatar Army.

For further reading you can read this topic for more information. The main new source of information (for me at any rate), is the ability to save multiple avatars at the cost of having to complete an entire campaign.

So we can't make themed Streetpass teams made up entirely of Avatars anymore? Aw man.

The point of me creating this thread is showing you how you CAN. It's just rather tedious for some people.

There are limitations to using the Einherjar Shop, mainly being that it seems to be limited to a single male and single female avatar. Also, like Roflolxp54 has stated, the Einherjar Shop will only save the five skills you have equipped.

Saving characters at the end of the game allows you to save multiple avatars as well as gain access to all of their learned skills instead of just five. Of course, this involves completing the entire game, which can be rather tiring unless one really wants an Avatar Army.

For further reading you can read this topic for more information. The main new source of information (for me at any rate), is the ability to save multiple avatars at the cost of having to complete an entire campaign.

i read your notes because I was hoping to have at least 7 MU's (6 OC's, and one based off of a TCG character) in one file and while I already knew how the Einherjar shop works, I wanted to know if the file-completion way works. I currently have two females in my Logbook this way but it'll be a while until I can get the other five.

edit: The reason why this is taking me a while is because I want to have a Logbook entry for every character with every skill they could possibly get through Seals (excluding some from classes like Merchant, Mechanist, etc).

Edited by Vere

So what I'm getting from this is that there was no point in creating this thread because my method would become useless.

I for one am glad you posted it, so now I can start working on a themed team. Just curious, can they reclass to anything or only their "talent" class?

I for one am glad you posted it, so now I can start working on a themed team. Just curious, can they reclass to anything or only their "talent" class?

I've noticed that units recruited via Streetpass can use the Partner Seal provided that the unit in question is already married when the Streetpass team was made.

I've noticed that my Einherjar avatar can't use the Friendship seal even though he has A-supports with same-gender characters before buying him from the Einherjar shop.

• 3 weeks later...

OMG YES! THANK YOU!

But do I still have to create an entirely new save file instead of just starting from "Branch of Fate" ?

I'm pretty sure that just speeds up the process

Edited by CountessGardy

"I saw a GameFAQs topic discussing the avatar logbook and if there's any way to make an avatar in one save and recruit them in another, of course without having to beat the game to add units to the logbook at the end."

Just noticed this part. The way I was doing it before was making my units to the end of the game and then saving them there, but the problem was that every single avatar I saved just got overwritten when i pressed Update on my main profile. I thought this was a way to get for like 100 different MUs.

From what I'm hearing now and from my own experiences, here's what to do:

- Start from the Prologue, not from Chapter 6, and then play to Einherjar shop/Endgame.

- Play from Chapter 6 to Einherjar shop; buy the older MU(s) from the Logbook before buying the new MU from the Einherjar shop (this works with my Scarlet -- I already have her lv. 75 Einherjar from the Birthright file recruited from Logbook before I bought base lv. 3 Revelation Scarlet from the Einherjar shop -- the lv. 75 didn't get overwritten and a new entry of her at lv. 3 with Revelation bases was made in the Logbook).

"I saw a GameFAQs topic discussing the avatar logbook and if there's any way to make an avatar in one save and recruit them in another, of course without having to beat the game to add units to the logbook at the end."

Just noticed this part. The way I was doing it before was making my units to the end of the game and then saving them there, but the problem was that every single avatar I saved just got overwritten when i pressed Update on my main profile. I thought this was a way to get for like 100 different MUs.

While I'll be able to confirm in a few hours, it is very likely that you need to create entire new files for the MU's to not be overwritten, as using the Branching option takes data from the last file you completed, which makes the two files into one in terms of logbook, which is why your MU's are getting overwritten.

They also can't use Dragon Veins

Couldn't you use a First Blood on them and give them Dragon Vein accessibility?

EDIT: someone already asked

Edited by Based Goomy

While I'll be able to confirm in a few hours, it is very likely that you need to create entire new files for the MU's to not be overwritten, as using the Branching option takes data from the last file you completed, which makes the two files into one in terms of logbook, which is why your MU's are getting overwritten.

Well, now this is completely useless since I was planning on using the endgame versions of the avatars. Darn. I thought it would finally change.