What's the popular opinion on galeforce in fates?

Galeforce is nerfed but not useless. I don't really use it during storyline except on DF Saizo and Leo but postame I have a lot of Galeforcers. It's pretty nice on Takumi.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Master Ninjas are speedy glass cannons with OP weaponry. Neither Master Ninjas nor Mechanists are bad, they just have different strong points.

Galeforce is nerfed but not useless. I don't really use it during storyline except on DF Saizo and Leo but postame I have a lot of Galeforcers. It's pretty nice on Takumi.

Not to derail too much, but do you guys think that a Mechanist Takumi might be good? 7 Move + Fujin Yumi Access & He can get it from Kagerou which also makes a pretty ok Kiragi.

Not to derail too much, but do you guys think that a Mechanist Takumi might be good? 7 Move + Fujin Yumi Access & He can get it from Kagerou which also makes a pretty ok Kiragi.

Yeah, it gives him shuriken as well, which are always nice. It would also give him Replicate.

I never tried it personally (I would, if the devs implemented marriage seal mechanic better and Takumi got the Merchant line from Oboro) but it doesn't sound bad on paper. Go for it. I have all the skills I want for postgame!takumi saved, but Galeforce/Replicate/Life or Death/Bowfaire/Crits is what I run on him.

lol, welp time to boot up Rev and try a Takumi pairing that isn't with Oboro for once (its gonna feel so wierd lmao).

I forgot to add the fact that pairing him with Master Ninja Kagerou buffs his mediocre Spd and bumps him up to 8 Mov; which I guess gives him legit flier status.

To answer the Galeforce thing; I think its a pretty good skill, at first I was sad that you cant use it in Attack Stance, but this is for the best because of the absolute BS it would be if you could just go Warp > Galeforce.

Edited by Jakkun

I just wish you can turn off attack stance--sometimes, hell, Saizo can straight up oneshot a dude and the system will still register him as being attack stanced because he was next to someone. Sometimes there isn't a position I can use galeforce in.

I just wish you can turn off attack stance--sometimes, hell, Saizo can straight up oneshot a dude and the system will still register him as being attack stanced because he was next to someone. Sometimes there isn't a position I can use galeforce in.

I think Fuga's chapter (Conquest/Rev) is the biggest offender here. If you're not a flier you have to take the long way up and I always have my best units all bunched up to keep the Wind from screwing me over. Galeforce would be a massive boon here since that means I can get through this borefest even faster but alas, my units are in a tightly packed line.

But I mostly blame my dumb ass for reclassing out of Dark Flier on a map where Fliers are gods.

I think Fuga's chapter (Conquest/Rev) is the biggest offender here. If you're not a flier you have to take the long way up and I always have my best units all bunched up to keep the Wind from screwing me over. Galeforce would be a massive boon here since that means I can get through this borefest even faster but alas, my units are in a tightly packed line.

But I mostly blame my dumb ass for reclassing out of Dark Flier on a map where Fliers are gods.

Let the wind set you free :p

You can pretty freely blow your ground units up to Fuga, it's not the flyer rescue chest one turn but it's still pretty fast and feels really good to play once you learn the map

Let the wind set you free :p

You can pretty freely blow your ground units up to Fuga, it's not the flyer rescue chest one turn but it's still pretty fast and feels really good to play once you learn the map

I'm gonna start over a new run of Conquest pretty soon so I'll be sure to see what creative ways I can clear that map in particular.

My particular struggle on that map is Hayato and his Hex Rod. Once again I only blame my lack of memorization for this.

I really like Galeforce. Even if it's OP in Awakening, I think it improves the game a lot since it gives you so many more tactical options. I'd rather a game gives you a few semi-broken skills, and balances the difficulty level to them, then just keeping the gameplay more vanilla.

I've been enjoying it a lot in my playthroughs of Birthright and Conquest. I'm not allowing myself to do any grinding in either game, so it took a hell of a long time to actually get it. I first got the skill in Chapter 26 or so of Conquest, and Chapter 24 of Conquest since I was planning for it better. It's been invaluable for those nasty late-game maps, though.

In both playthroughs, I've given both the Ebon Wings to related units. In Birthright, it was Hinoka and Sakura, while in Conquest, it was Odin and Ophelia. I just think it's cool like that! And both give me the option of a more physical-oriented attacker, or a more magic-oriented attacker (though Odin still uses magic 95% of the time). The Beastkiller can be awesome in the hands of a Dark Falcon, too.

Right now I'm absolutely in love with my Ophelia, reclassed to Malig Knight via her pairing with Percy. Galeforce and Trample go together awesome...along with Savage Blow. If I wanted to slingshot over the map even more, I can equip her with Lunge. I could just buy all the skills to make the broken combos, but it's more fun to plan it out so they inherit or properly learn them.

I've also given both of them the +Skill stats boosters, because the one downside to Galeforce is being screwed if you fail to get the kill. Sometimes I Rally Skill on them before sending them out, too.

...If there's one thing I'd like for them to fix, it would be that they'd allow you to stand next to a unit and not team up with them; right now, sometimes you can't use Galeforce because an enemy is surrounded by your own units, and the game forces you into an attack stance, thereby canceling the effect.

I'm actually fine with that, since I find it tactically interesting to play around.