General FE: Birthright Questions

cnguyen

Hi all,

I recently got the Birthright copy of FE and I am a beginner at this game. I had some general questions about the game in general:

1. Could you explain the seal system and how I can get different classes? My Corrin is currently a level 15 Lancer and I am waiting to level up to 20 to use a master seal, but I am not sure what to do after this.

2. Since there are a lot of characters, do I focus on leveling up the ones that I want or just the ones I am planning to use. The same goes for supports.

3. Also, how does Revelations differ from Conquest and Revelations?

4. I am a bit overwhelmed by all the classes and skills that the game offers (which is great!), but what is a good way to learn about them for future gameplay?

Thanks so much for the help and feedback!

1. Heart sealing switches you over to a different class. You can go back to Nohr Prince/ss this way. Your level will reset, I believe.

Master sealing will make you an advanced class. You can then heart seal over to Hoshido Noble(i think thats what the localized name is), and your level will not reset.

Friendship seals give you access to any same-sex character you've reached A support with's class. This only applies to Corrin. Other characters need to A+ with someone of the same-sex. It is not reciprocated. For example, Takumi and Hinata reach A support. Takumi can then A+, and receive access to Hinata's class. Hinata, however, doesn't receive Takumi's unless he also A+s him. Hinata could go on to A+ someone else. Takumi cannot switch A+; each character (aside from Corrin) can only A+ once. Some A+ will yield no new classes, because both parties involved already have access to the same class. For example, Niles A+ing Leo is fruitless, because Niles already has access to the dark mage line.

Partner seals work the same, only with S ranks.

I'm personally not well-versed in how the overlapping system works. I think that, with partner sealing, if both parties have the same base class, you get access to their secondary class line instead. With Corrin, you will pass your spouse your secondary, as they cannot become a Nohr Prince/ss. This may work the same for friendship seals.

2. Use the characters you want to use. Unless you're on Lunatic Classic, you don't necessarily need to min/max or employ complicated strategies. Even on Lunatic Classic, you could use the characters you want; you'd just have to be strategic about it.

3. Revelations is a bit more challenging, but you can still grind outside of main missions. Its like a middle ground between the two. Rev's maps are more gimmick/'puzzle' based. For example, one map requires you to pick up objects and place them at chokepoints for the sake of crowd control.

4. I'd say just experiment. Try out classes that seem cool to you, and use skills you like. There are whole lists of classes and skills out there, so referring to them if you want more general information is a good idea.

Somebody feel free to correct me if I've accidentally given any misinformation!

1. The lowdown on the different seals (since there's so many of 'em):

Heart Seal - Everyone has two innate classes. Use the Heart Seal to switch between 'em. You'll retain your level.

Partner Seal - When two characters hit S support, they can switch between each other's main classes.

Friendship Seal - When two characters hit A+ support, they can switch between each other's main classes.

Master Seal - Works like every other past Fire Emblem - promotes you and resets your level to 1.

Offspring Seal - You won't see this unless you pick up the kids late. This is a special seal, tied to a specific child, that allows them to "catch up" based on the chapter you obtain the kid. If you change classes, the Offspring Seal will no longer work.

2. You're on Birthright, use whoever you feel like.

3. Birthright and Revelations allow for grinding experience. Conquest does not, except for Boo Camp (DLC). You also get different gathering materials/weapons from Birthright/Conquest. The chapters are also different.

4. Experiment! Learn how the Hoshidan weapons influence stats, pay attention to skills on both your side and the enemy's side, and go nuts! Since you can get experience/gold through skirmishes, it doesn't matter who you level up!

OK. heres what you need to know.

1. You can use heart seals, partner seals, and friendship seals to turn into a class that your unit wishes to become, or the evolved classes of your wife/husband or unit with A+ Ranking. Another note, if you use a heart seal on a unit with a DLC class back to a basic game class, it will be available in the heart seal's choice of class.

2. some characters will have supports with only your avatar, but the rest will be able to marry whoever. And Hoshido has a lot of those people who have supports with your avatar only. If you want a child with perfect stats for their classes, i would suggest you find a guide on who your units should marry.

3. Well, Birthright is the easiest of all the routes, because you can get more money and experience than Conquest and Revelations, but have some exclusive characters for the route. These characters include: Gunter (Conquest and Revelations Only), Flora (Conquest and Revelations only), Yukimura (Birthright and Revelations Only), Izana (Birthright and Conquest Only), and Fuga (Revelations Only).

4. Well, a character can only learn the skills of his or her base class (And if avatar, which route you choose), but this is what heart seals, partner seals, friendship seals and brands are for. If you want to get a skill that you think can be good on your character, i suggest you use a heart seal. Another way is to seize castles online, which if you do not have any handicaps on, you can recruit one of their street pass units, or inherit a skill from one of those units (I suggest you go for the people with Hoshido skills, and, unlike any of the other units in Hoshido's route, your avatar can learn the Nohr skill Nohrian Trust from inheriting.) So i suggest saving mountains of gold to do that.

Well, thats what you need to know. Now get out there and be the best player you can be!

3. Well, Birthright is the easiest of all the routes, because you can get more money and experience than Conquest and Revelations, but have some exclusive characters for the route. These characters include: Gunter (Conquest and Revelations Only), Flora (Conquest and Revelations only), Yukimura (Birthright and Revelations Only), Izana (Birthright and Conquest Only), and Fuga (Revelations Only).

Yukimura is Birthright only.