• Soren
    • Pelleas
    • Bastian

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree.

I was sad when they messed up thunder magic so badly...

messed up meaning there's no new thunder people to main with thunder magic? Cuz thunder is pretty useful in part 4 engame, part 3

messed up meaning there's no new thunder people to main with thunder magic? Cuz thunder is pretty useful in part 4 engame, part 3

I'm not sure if being extremely useful for one chapter makes up for the rest of the game, but thunder is still kinda good anyways.

I would assume that Kiryn is referring to thunder based magic's reduced might and accuracy. I personally have not found thunder's lesser power to be a detriment. I have found thunder magic's deficiencies, in comparison to the other anima magics, very slight and compensated by a noticeably superior critical hit rate. I can understand that some players may be averse to thunder magic because wind and fire are slightly more powerful (and a potential dislike for Ilyana's character herself), but I myself believe the disadvantages to be negligible. As coolguyvaters made note of above, thunder magic most certainly has a viable space carved out for it for any player who wishes to utilize it.

Edit (26.03.2008): I replaced an 'and' with 'are' because 'and' was ill fitting to the context.

Not to mention that if your forging a weapon and you use a coin and get the card that raises crit by... 15? 20? (cant remember) just restart, forge a thunder tome with maxed stats and that critical hit chance will skyrocket when your using it. Those dragons and wyverns are toast... electrifying toast

I would assume that Kiryn is referring to thunder based magic's reduced might and accuracy. I personally have not found thunder's lesser power to be a detriment. I have found thunder magic's deficiencies, in comparison to the other anima magics, very slight and compensated by a noticeably superior critical hit rate. I can understand that some players may be averse to thunder magic because wind and fire and slightly more powerful (and a potential dislike for Ilyana's character herself), but I myself believe the disadvantages to be negligible. As coolguyvaters made note of above, thunder magic most certainly has a viable space carved out for it for any player who wishes to utilize it.

But everybody loves Ilyana. The topic dedicated to everything Ilyana proves it. Well...

Maybe not those few people that voted for Valtome...

Yeah, but Ilyana's popular because she eats everything. They should make an attack out of that. Or at least a skill.

Maybe it would help me level her up faster.

no she's popular cuz she's AWESOME! and cuz she eats everything...

Soren's the best one, easily... though my vote goes to Calill, because she needs some love too. :(

you seem to go after the ones that need love a lot, dont you?

i gotta agree, when you are the guy who TFF explained, there's not much you can do...

• 2 weeks later...

Even though Tormod sucks, I'll pick him for his spunky attitude. He is probably the best candidate for being a Knife Mage (even though staves>knives).

I voted for Illayna just since she gets dissed so much. Seriously unit wise in this order Soren>Illayna (yes I'm serious)>Calill>Pelleas>Bastian>Tormod...

Character wise Bastian>Illayna>Calill>Pelleas>Tormod>Soren... yes I don't like Soren, I'd probably would never use him if it were not for his use as a good unit.

My favorite sage in all Fire Emblem is probably Ishtar though

I voted for Illayna just since she gets dissed so much. Seriously unit wise in this order Soren>Illayna (yes I'm serious)>Calill>Pelleas>Bastian>Tormod...

Character wise Bastian>Illayna>Calill>Pelleas>Tormod>Soren... yes I don't like Soren, I'd probably would never use him if it were not for his use as a good unit.

My favorite sage in all Fire Emblem is probably Ishtar though

It's "Ilyana" not "Illayna." Sorry, that just bugged me.

Personality wise, I can see why people love Soren. Play wise, I don't see all the hype. He's good, but he's not THAT good. He lacks in speed, a must for sages, and in strength and defense, which isn't a surprise but isn't good either. Bonus Exp. is what can save him, as he wil cap other stats fairly early.

Ilyana on the other hand, twice capped every stat but luck(as it's cap is much higher) as a level 18 thunder sage, little to no BEXP. TWICE, of the two times I raised her! And I bet it would happen again. That is why Ilyana is the greatest.

Personal Experience Means Something.