Game Informer: New Fire Emblem [Not Yet] Announced

dragonlordsd

Genealogy of the Holy War remake! Now with self-inserts, waifus, jiggle physics, battle bikinis and you (that's right, YOU!) get to shield Sigurd from any and all dangers in the world, and political conflicts get solved by your mere presence, as those filthy nobles realize all they ever wanted was to be as cool as yoU!

Only 80$ for both paths! (100$ if you want the TRUE path in which you can marry all the hot anime studs in the game. All. Of. Them.)

Yes, because we all know that Shouzou Kaga would never put something like that in one of his games.

Wait...

Fates WAS their attempt at a good story.

And like others have said, I have a hard time thinking they're not already working on the next installment in one way or another; it's an important franchise to Nintendo now, and its popularity is only growing. Maybe they're planning on releasing something to the 3DS's successor.

^This

To the credit of IS, there were some genuinely good ideas and elements of a good story buried in Fates. The problem was the execution and inconsistencies, most of which I feel came from the split into multiple routes. Clearly there was so little communication between the writers of different routes it turns into a mess. If they, I dunno, focused on making a single game this time I think they could pull off a good story

Honestly, It seems to me that most of the issue's of awakening's and fates plots is due to the very large number of writers who each write differently. IS has so far not done a good job of integrating their work.