Happy 26th Birthday Fire Emblem!

Ema Skye

@Thane judging by the FE characters' redesigns it looks like that's what they were originally going for.

I just don't see Nintendo letting atlus use their characters to kill gods from active religions.

Sure but...am I the only one missing a logical step here? How do they go from not killing gods to pop idols?

It surprises me even more since this idol thing is something Atlus has done before with Persona. Dancing all night was a game that was entirely dedicated to the Japanese idol industry, with the "golly gee, idols actually do have to work hard" theme being about as subtle as a bunch of fireworks, and it came out the 25:th of June in Japan the same year as the crossover.

Atlus actually gave up on the collaboration concept early on, they said. They made it "how Atlus would make a Fire Emblem game" instead. I wish they had told us that earlier though. I bet people would still have been interested.

Atlus actually gave up on the collaboration concept early on, they said. They made it "how Atlus would make a Fire Emblem game" instead. I wish they had told us that earlier though. I bet people would still have been interested.

Wait, Atlus' take on Fire Emblem is using the Shin Megami Tensei/Persona battle system and exclude everything else that makes Fire Emblem...well, Fire Emblem?

This game and its development make me confused.

Wait, Atlus' take on Fire Emblem is using the Shin Megami Tensei/Persona battle system and exclude everything else that makes Fire Emblem...well, Fire Emblem?

This game and its development make me confused.

It just has elements of FE like

the weapons triangle, FE fanfare, weapons from the series, boss characters are characters from the FE universe