(Lucina and Robin Amiibo) Should I get it the FE Amiibo now or wait for a possible restock?

Busterman64

So I recently decided to finally jump on the Amiibo train and collect amiibo(...my poor wallet). Although, I'm gonna take it slow. So to start off, I plan on getting the hardest(,but my most wanted,) ones out the way......the Fire Emblem amiibo(which is clearly a wise decision ;3 )!

As of right now, I got lucky and found an Ike amiibo at a Gamestop I used to live close to...and it was the last one too(...had to wait 3 weeks before I could buy it though. Thank God it was behind the other amiibos...).

Roy is pretty easy to get right now since there are a couple of them at the Gamestop closest to me and Marth isn't too bad since online he's the normal price or around $20, which is alright.

Here's the issue though, Robin and Lucina are a bit pricey(Lucina more than Robin) and I haven't much in terms of re-stocking them. I'm just not sure if I should go ahead and get them now or just wait a bit longer for a chance of a re-stock. What do you guys think, just get it now or wait?

Thanks in advance!

So I recently decided to finally jump on the Amiibo train and collect amiibo(...my poor wallet). Although, I'm gonna take it slow. So to start off, I plan on getting the hardest(,but my most wanted,) ones out the way......the Fire Emblem amiibo(which is clearly a wise decision ;3 )!

As of right now, I got lucky and found an Ike amiibo at a Gamestop I used to live close to...and it was the last one too(...had to wait 3 weeks before I could buy it though. Thank God it was behind the other amiibos...).

Roy is pretty easy to get right now since there are a couple of them at the Gamestop closest to me and Marth isn't too bad since online he's the normal price or around $20, which is alright.

Here's the issue though, Robin and Lucina are a bit pricey(Lucina more than Robin) and I haven't much in terms of re-stocking them. I'm just not sure if I should go ahead and get them now or just wait a bit longer for a chance of a re-stock. What do you guys think, just get it now or wait?

Thanks in advance!

I'm going to wait (my poor wallet as well) but I think you should go for it and buy it. Remember, the amiibos are not region locked, so an amiibo from japan should work here in the USA.

And out-of-country amiibos are usually cheaper

Edited by Horuos

I have never seen a restock of Robin or Lucina since they came out last summer. I ordered them from Japan, the prices on the Japanese ones have come down a bit I spent $28 for each of them and at least on Amazon they are both down to $20 each with shipping included. I would say go ahead and get them from Japan unless a store that sells Amiibo in your area says that they are getting a shipment with them in it and would be willing to hold them for you, because I don't think the likely hood of walking in to a store and finding them is going to happen.

Get them now to ensure you get them. You'd do better having them now rather than later, and you never know when or if they would restock the rare Amiibos. I myself haven't even SEEN a Villager Amiibo with my own eyes, let alone own one that rare.

Thanks guys! I'm just gonna get them both now(...well, actually tomorrow when I put the money for it in the bank). The JP ones seems the most reasonably priced(but take a long time though...oh well...)

Although, after looking through some of them and their shipping, I just have to wonder one little thing...why are some Expedited Shippings for some of them SO FREAKIN' MUCH!

post-15301-0-61708800-1461376726_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys! I'm just gonna get them both now(...well, actually tomorrow when I put the money for it in the bank). The JP ones seems the most reasonably priced(but take a long time though...oh well...)

Although, after looking through some of them and their shipping, I just have to wonder one little thing...why are some Expedited Shippings for some of them SO FREAKIN' MUCH!

attachicon.gif20160422_214718.jpg

hope you didn't select the $100 shipping

hope you didn't select the $100 shipping

Oh good Lord, No! That shipping is worth 3-4 amiibos!

I was checking out how much each shipping would cost and was shocked to find this as one of the Expedited Shipping prices!

Sal which is the cheapest shipping is pretty fast, I normally get what I ordered in 2 weeks when they say it will take 4. I have never had the money for the better shipping but I have never had any problems with Sal and everything I have ordered has come in perfect shape.

I echo the experience of other that have posted and jumped on the Amiibo train late myself... well, I jumped on initially, jumped off and then jumped back on.

Marth was the easiest... I got him from Best Buy and they seem to still have him in stock for $13.

I pre-ordered Roy so that was no problem.

I wasn't lucky with Ike, though, so I bought him, Lucina and Robin/Reflet from Japan for around $18 each. I selected the cheapest shipping and the package looked fine when it arrived. Only drawback was no tracking so I had no idea when they were going to show up. I don't remember exactly how long it took but it was under the estimate of several weeks.

It definitely worth it, IMO. I love having the five of them hanging out together on my shelf.

Today I was looking around too see if I could be lucky and find one of the Lucina or Robin Amiibo in a store like Gamestop(,Bestbuy, Walmart, where ever Amiibo can be sold). Obviously, it was a complete failure. I did however find a Gamestop store with a lot of Ike(and a couple of Roy) Amiibo though!

post-15301-0-11897900-1461546911_thumb.jpg

It would be bad for my wallet but I would be all over a line of FE Amiibo.

If there is EVER a Lyn amiibo, I will pre-order that crap faster than a lighting strike! Edited by Busterman64

Today I was looking around too see if I could be lucky and find one of the Lucina or Robin Amiibo in a store like Gamestop. Obviously, it was no success. I did find a store with a lot of Ike(and a couple of Roy) Amiibo though!

If there is EVER a Lyn amiibo, I will pre-order that crap faster than a lighting strike!

your probably not going to find one unless there is a restock (follow amiibo alerts on twitter)

I can't wait untill they release a FE line of amiibo

your probably not going to find one unless there is a restock (follow amiibo alerts on twitter)

I can't wait untill they release a FE line of amiibo

I would love and (probably) loath an FE line of Amiibo at the same time(with my love for Fire Emblem and my weeping wallet concerned)! I would probably still get all the FE amiibo regardless(of whatever pain I, or my wallet, may feel)! ;3

Wow, $100 for shipping? I import giant boxes of stuff from Japan all the time with the fastest shipping available and the most I've ever paid was like, $40. (it was a massive box) An amiibo should cost no more than $10-$15 to ship EMS.