Fire Emblem; History of Sales

Mangs

A video I compiled together regarding the Fire Emblem franchise’s history of sales. Nothing new and revolutionary, but I figured it would be an interesting watch for some people regardless.

Enjoy!

That was a good effort, but I'm going to be brutally honest with you. Almost all of the data you used is completely bogus, and anyone who has a passing interest in analyzing sales data will notice. VGChartz does not use real sources for their data and creates their numbers based on how they think a game has sold. For example, you show that RD sold 280,000 units in North America, but NPD whose business is tracking retail games has it at about 200,000 copies sold to date. I think this is an important conversation for the community, but you need to do your video again and do proper research if you want to be a part of it.

• 2 weeks later...

I really wonder why Awakening was so successful despite the criticisms of the fanbase. Was it better marketing?

Marketing probably played a part of it, but I think the introduction of casual mode and the high replayability due to shipping and DLC/non-chapter battle maps played a part.

I think moving away from the unforgiving nature of past Fire Emblems help bring a lot of newcomers, since they weren't scared away.