Character Statue "Builds"?

Roflolxp54

So, since character statues can raise the stat caps of your units, how many of which stat statues would you build in your castle and why?

Remember that up to 50 character statues can be built due to the 50 buildings limit in the castle. In regards to the LCK statue totals, they assume that you have recruited Anna into your party from the DLC map.

Maximum statues that can be built for a stat:

STR statues that can be built: 6 in BR, 4 in CQ, 9 in RV/// 7-8 in BR, 5-6 in CQ, 10-11 in RV if Avatar's Boon or Bane is STR and/or HP.

MAG statues that can be built: 5 in BR, 5 in CQ, 8 in RV/// 6 in BR, 6 in CQ, 9 in RV if Avatar's Boon or Bane is MAG.

SKL statues that can be built: 8 in BR, 7 in CQ, 12 in RV/// 9 in BR, 8 in CQ, 13 in RV if Avatar's Boon or Bane is SKL.

SPD statues that can be built: 5 in BR, 6 in CQ, 10 in RV/// 6 in BR, 7 in CQ, 11 in RV if Avatar's Boon or Bane is SPD.

LCK statues that can be built: 5 in BR, 4 in CQ, 7 in RV/// 6 in BR, 5 in CQ, 8 in RV if Avatar's Boon or Bane is LCK.

DEF statues that can be built: 5 in BR, 7 in CQ, 10 in RV/// 6 in BR, 8 in CQ, 11 in RV if Avatar's Boon or Bane is DEF.

RES statues that can be built: 6 in BR, 6 in CQ, 9 in RV/// 7 in BR, 7 in CQ, 10 in RV if Avatar's Boon or Bane is RES.

This sorta sounds like Pokemon EV training.

For a potential file, I'm considering the following (my MU is going to run +SPD/-DEF in Revelation route; if going with 50 statues):

+9 STR

+8 MAG

+12 SKL

+11 SPD

+7 LCK

+3 RES

This is pretty much the all-out offensive character statue build. Much of it is pretty self-explanatory. The 7 LCK statues are to raise Hit, Avoid and Critical Dodge rates. The remaining 3 buildings would be for 3 RES statues so as to give a bit more chance of avoiding being hit by status staves.

Let me know if there are any errors.

If you need to run calculations, you can try and look here: http://www.fireemblemwod.com/fe14/formulas.htm

Note that the site is in Spanish and I cannot be sure if the information is verified.

Edited by Roflolxp54

If we're talking for my castle and online purposes, I'd say that getting high amounts of defense/resistance/speed would be beneficial. Luck to, but I'm not actually sure how much hit and avoid luck gives per X amount of luck.

If it were me, I'd take some statues away from STR, MAG, and SKL to build up on DEF, and RES.

It's also only possible to go over the 50 building limit in Revs. In BR and CQ, you only get to around 40-42 statues, so the only determinant factor is what you pick as your avatars Boon and Bane.

Also, I kinda wish the statues had some sort of impact on growth rates. It'd certainly make Gunter redeemable much later on...

If we're talking for my castle and online purposes, I'd say that getting high amounts of defense/resistance/speed would be beneficial. Luck to, but I'm not actually sure how much hit and avoid luck gives per X amount of luck.

If it were me, I'd take some statues away from STR, MAG, and SKL to build up on DEF, and RES.

It's also only possible to go over the 50 building limit in Revs. In BR and CQ, you only get to around 40-42 statues, so the only determinant factor is what you pick as your avatars Boon and Bane.

Also, I kinda wish the statues had some sort of impact on growth rates. It'd certainly make Gunter redeemable much later on...

We can also talk about in-game purposes like regular story battles, gimmick builds, or castle battles. And do you mean that the total number of statues in Revelation exceeds 50 while in other routes, the totals don't exceed 50? Just clarification.

And having DEF and RES statues around can be good if it means avoiding a OHKO. Some players don't care about maxing Defense or Resistance, especially if the unit is going to be a Guard Stance/Bold Stance bot, or if it makes it easier for a unit to score KOs via Vengeance skill (if players were to still run that).

Edited by Roflolxp54

Can also focus your statues on a single character (have the statues set up specifically to benefit a unit or two rather than all units).

ie. For the benefit of your +STR/-DEF Revelation third generation Kana the Berserker, you can do...

+10 STR

+12 SKL

+10 SPD

+7 LCK

+2 DEF (may avoid a ORKO)

+9 RES (because fuck status staves)

Edited by Roflolxp54

o yeah something I should note for you guys is that I think logbook units can benefit from all statue bonuses, deployed or not.

I tested this with Candace for example.

I had a Nyx, Gunther, Rhybgaro (Spd) and Rhajat statues up so while logbook abusing I got her +2 Mag, +1 Def, and +1 Spd.

Now I bought her on a different file and she kept her statue bonuses, however when I deployed my Rhybgaro statue on that file, her spd cap stayed the same. So I can assume that the game flags her as benefitting from that specific statue, even on a different file. By this logic, I think its possible to have logbook units benefit from things like Yukimura's Skill Statue on a Rev file, for example.

I still need to test it some more, especially since I don't actually have Birthright.

Edited by Jakkun

o yeah something I should note for you guys is that I think logbook units can benefit from all statue bonuses, deployed or not.

I tested this with Candace for example.

I had a Nyx, Gunther, Rhybgaro (Spd) and Rhajat statues up so while logbook abusing I got her +2 Mag, +1 Def, and +1 Spd.

Now I bought her on a different file and she kept her statue bonuses, however when I deployed my Rhybgaro statue on that file, her spd cap stayed the same. So I can assume that the game flags her as benefitting from that specific statue, even on a different file. By this logic, I think its possible to have logbook units benefit from things like Yukimura's Skill Statue on a Rev file, for example.

I still need to test it some more, especially since I don't actually have Birthright.

There's still stuff lots of people including myself have yet to figure out. Like I can't be too sure about the statue boosts carrying over (do know that it's true of units obtained via castle battles) but don't know what stays on and such.

I suppose in order to truly max out a unit stats-wise, not only do you have to cap in all stats but have to make sure that you can achieve the max possible in a stat for a unit (ie. check the classes' bases as you switch classes).

And there's theory stuff in my head but it's so hard to explain with words alone.

Edited by Roflolxp54

There's still stuff lots of people including myself have yet to figure out. Like I can't be too sure about the statue boosts carrying over (do know that it's true of units obtained via castle battles) but don't know what stays on and such.

I suppose in order to truly max out a unit stats-wise, not only do you have to cap in all stats but have to make sure that you can achieve the max possible in a stat for a unit (ie. check the classes' bases as you switch classes).

well I saw an Ike with 40 Spd in a castle that had no statues one day so if what Im thinking turns out to be true, all logbook units (with a massive amount of time invested) can have (Ignoring Avatar/Kana statues):

+2 Movement (via boots)

+9 Strength

+8 Magic

+13 Skill

+10 Speed

+7 Luck

+10 Defence

+10 Resistance

which would be absolutely bollocks. If my other theory about Avatar/Kana statues regarding different stats could as different statues as far as this exploit goes, add +2 to all of the caps listed above.

Edited by Jakkun

well I saw an Ike with 40 Spd in a castle that had no statues one day so if what Im thinking turns out to be true, all logbook units (with a massive amount of time invested) can have (Ignoring Avatar/Kana statues):

+2 Movement (via boots)

+9 Strength

+8 Magic

+13 Skill

+10 Speed

+7 Luck

+10 Defence

+10 Resistance

which would be absolutely bollocks. If my other theory about Avatar/Kana statues regarding different stats could as different statues as far as this exploit goes, add +2 to all of the caps listed above.

+4 for the case of STR since having HP Boon/Bane gives you STR statues.

It will take a long of time to pull off, not to mention that it's going to be trouble grinding for the statues. And I can't tell if the game knows that each statue is different from one another due to many statues boosting the same stat as well as it being able to differentiate among different Avatars and Kanas.

(ie. A unit saved into the Logbook only has the Skill stat boosted because of Yukimura's statue. He is then bought into Revelation. Assuming no other statues were built, a Fuga statue is put in place. Would the Einherjar unit actually get the boost from Fuga (for a +2 SKL cap bonus), or would the SKL cap bonus remain +1?)

(ie. A unit saved into the Logbook only has the Skill stat boosted because of Yukimura's statue. He is then bought into Revelation. Assuming no other statues were built, a Fuga statue is put in place. Would the Einherjar unit actually get the boost from Fuga (for a +2 SKL cap bonus), or would the SKL cap bonus remain +1?)

I may need to test it again, but I remember using Candace with only a Spd Avatar statue and then using a Kaden statue on another file. She got Spd +2 from it (1 from the Avatar statue she retained from the other file, and 1 from the newly crafted Kaden statue).

which is why I believe that the game flags statues by name, as in "this statue gained +1 Skill via Fuga statue"

I could attempt this with another Logbook unit and supply pics if nessecary. Tbh im still kinda confused on how it works myself.

Edited by Jakkun

I may need to test it again, but I remember using Candace with only a Spd Avatar statue and then using a Kaden statue on another file. She got Spd +2 from it (1 from the Avatar statue she retained from the other file, and 1 from the newly crafted Kaden statue).

which is why I believe that the game flags statues by name, as in "this statue gained +1 Skill via Fuga statue"

I could attempt this with another Logbook unit and supply pics if nessecary. Tbh im still kinda confused on how it works myself.

Another thing that's troubling me is that up to 50 statues can be built at any given time in a castle and the bonus is removed should the statue be demolished. I wonder if the game would remember those gains as you keep trying to update the Logbook to save the boosts before destroying the statue and building new ones.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Bold Stance is only JP unless you powersave hacked into your game file to get that enemy-only skill as even in JP, it's still an enemy-only skill since the DLC for it hasn't been released.

In a game where you can essentially remove the threats of being doubled by having the rare Wary Fighter Skill equipped, speed is questionable. IE. Sorcs running Wary Fighter to play stall wars against you.

Overall stats that I try to optimize for Corrin (stats showed aren't affected by weapon buffs or tonics only by max stat values of classes w/modifiers + Statues):

*HP varies by class but max HP would be best.

*45-55 Str. This is for non-Zerkers physical attackers. Thanks to Blazing/Shadow/Omega Yato's boosts, you're already capable of smacking lots of enemies around for fun. If you only use Magic, this stat isn't needed so 20-35 Str is enough for a magic-only class.

*40-65 Mag. You spare yourself space for some extra statues for other needed stats. This much magic allows you to punch a rather large amount of damage to your enemies who don't stack Resistance Statues and/or Tomebreaker. For melee-only attackers, your class's max stats w/ modifiers are fine.

*45-70 Skl. Unless you run Breaker Skills on a pair-up, you don't want to miss every single opponent (online) and possibly lose the battle. 50 Skl is enough to trigger most offensive trigger skills bar Aether and Dragon Fang w/o Quixotic (double-edged sword) and/or Hoshido Unity.

*54-65 Spd is used to either outpace or speed tie against +Spd Boon Avatars and Avatar Children as well as any speed oriented enemy. You can dump lots of Speed if you run a well-prepared Wary Fighter build. But then your Avoid suffers as it uses your Speed and Luck stats.

*32-45 Lck is enough to bypass non-Swordmaster/Sorcs/Witches/Snipers/Zerker non-killing weapons crits most of the time. Just be wary that just about every Zerker/Witch/Sorcerer/Sniper/Swordmaster will try to auto-crit you so a high amount of Luck helps.

*35-50 Def/Res. These stats need to be sufficiently high or else online battles will end so fast that you could lose units to high 'beatstick' enemies who have 70+ Attack Power. Considering that the HP Max Cap and Growths for every character in-game that is playable is much lower than before...and that the Defense/Resistance Growths of all non-Defensive (both physical and magical) starting classes are mediocre to subpar at most, you'll want to have at least 40 Def and Res to avoid a OTKO against any opponent if you have max HP (IE of a non-Corrin. Max HP/Def Xander with +4 Def from statues can still possibly be OHKO'd by Zerker Charlotte with max Str and no statue boost even if he has Siegfried equipped since one crit is still doing around 56-78 points of damage to him.)

Another thing that's troubling me is that up to 50 statues can be built at any given time in a castle and the bonus is removed should the statue be demolished. I wonder if the game would remember those gains as you keep trying to update the Logbook to save the boosts before destroying the statue and building new ones.

The game does remember what stats are affected. If you max a stat and use a statue then max the same stat, removing the statue reduces that stat by 1 point. Returning that same statue increases that stat by 1 point once again (and it repeats if you remove then return the same said statue).