Anyone else playing Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow from the eShop?

Anacybele

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have red or blue, you can encounter Safari zone pokemon outsde of the safari zone by abusing half of the misingno glitch. The misingno glitch has two parts.

1. THe fact that the coast of cinnabar island has no defined encounters, so the game uses the random encounter data that i loaded last.

2. the fact that part of the code on the old man pokemon catching tutorial in veridian wrights your name into the random encounter data, allowing for otherwise impossible encounters if you somehow load that data without overwrighting it. (which can only be done by abusing point 1.)

A little known consequence of point 1 is the fact that you can visit the safari zone to set the random encounters to safari zone encounters. Surfing along the cinnabar coast then gives you safari zone encounters in normal battle conditions, making them easier to catch. This has been fixed in yellow.

You can also fight chancey in the wild with the mew glitch. (coincidentally, this also results in a level 7 chansey). The first trainer at the west exit of lavender town apperently has the correct special stat (40) in pokemon yellow). Mew glitch instructions are here: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mew_glitch (scroll down to "extensions") This works in red, blue, and yellow.

Edited by sirmola

Caught my second Tangela, and I have enough steps and Pokeballs that I may actually be able to capture every single Pokemon in one go.

Actually, there's is a much easier way to catch Chansey.

You can find it one the Cerulean Cave.

Just a reminder that I am completely insane and plan on having every single Pokemon, including Lickitung (another Pokemon that can be found in Cerulean Cave, and ONLY Cerulean Cave in Yellow) before I face the League.

Just a reminder that I am completely insane and plan on having every single Pokemon, including Lickitung (another Pokemon that can be found in Cerulean Cave, and ONLY Cerulean Cave in Yellow) before I face the League.

Oh, I see...

To be fair, other than the Safari Zone's Pokemon, this isn't too much of an ordeal, due to the smaller number of Pokemon, and due to the fact than many, many Pokemon appear in multiple routes.

Oh, I see...

To be fair, other than the Safari Zone's Pokemon, this isn't too much of an ordeal, due to the smaller number of Pokemon, and due to the fact than many, many Pokemon appear in multiple routes.

Yeah, it's not all that tough, and I do have multiple versions of the game on two handhelds, so I can do that. It's just hard. Also, there's Porygon. =\ Still don't have it, yet.

Yeah, it's not all that tough, and I do have multiple versions of the game on two handhelds, so I can do that. It's just hard. Also, there's Porygon. =\ Still don't have it, yet.

About Porygon, he's a little easier to get on Blue, where he costs only 6800 coins rather 9999.

Do you have Blue?

About Porygon, he's a little easier to get on Blue, where he costs only 6800 coins rather 9999.

Do you have Blue?

Red and Blue, seeing as I need both to get a number of version exclusives that Yellow lacks. Namely, Blue has Meowth and Magmar.

Edit: I caught a Tauros...it was quite easy compared to Tangela.

Double Edit: I caught a Kangaskhan, too. It was a little easier than Tangela. All I have left is that second Kangaskhan, a Scyther, and a Pinsir.

Triple Edit: I actually wound up catching a third Kangaskhan by accident. Fortunately, I will be able to feasibly capture EVERY SINGLE POKEMON bar Pinsir in one run-through. I have a little over twenty steps, along with ten Safari Balls.

Quadruple Edit: Ironically, I caught Pinsir, but not Scyther. Unfortunately, since I have 0 steps left, I'm going to have to go back in to capture Scyther. I'll be doing that the same time I go to get Surf.

Quintuple Edit: Holy crap. I still haven't caught Scyther. The darn thing just either won't show up, or stay in a Pokeball. I can catch freakin' CHANSEY but I can't catch Scyther.

Edited by Dai