Mr. R's Tier List Now including Abadango's (Smash 4).

Jedi

Haha, true! I got carried away while I was typing that and forgot one more point. Nintendo deals Nerf and Buffs with the low level competition in mind. They have been more than indiferent towards the top level competition, and the only time they care is when it reports them money, a.k.a EVO.

The nerfs make sense on a low level context (which is why I used FG as my example), which is all Nintendo really seems to care, we like it or not.

They make sense on a high level context too for the most part, in a number of aspects, because Sakurai does witness Japanese tournaments and makes accounts of some of them, such as when Nairo went there and fought vs a Metaknight, ZSS and Meta were both hit in the next patch. Thats only some of the examples I can give, because some character complaints did come to light, such as Ike being the worst character at launch, which was fixed, Mewtwo being pretty bad at launch, which was entirely turned around.

You forget its not Nintendo, but Sakurai and Namco who are the team behind this, FG does pool in some of the results but theres more than just "low level play" in their mind, because they are actively sponsoring tournaments now that involve Smash. They are thinking of both high level and low level at the same time.

But Sheik even when nerfed is still legit super good, as people like Void and such are still showing haha.

Edited by Jedi