Cipher Series 7 - Info, News, Leaks, & Discussion: Dec 16: Tournament Promos Revealed!

Kirie

I understand (but don't like) why Gaiden has gotten the shaft for so long, but SS really baffles me.

Sacred Stones would either have to be more support for Divine Weapons, which I wouldn't really mind, or a very weak standalone faction.

Alternatively, instead of Gaiden being support for Blade of Light, Gaiden and Sacred Stones will combine to make a new Insignia.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

perhaps two different paranomas for both their young and old forms? that'd be awesome

So like Garon's unpromoted card, but instead with Athos and Nergal in a panorama? That would be really dope.

Sacred Stones would either have to be more support for Divine Weapons, which I wouldn't really mind, or a very weak standalone faction.

Why though? Every color was weak after their first 50 cards but they made more. Awakening is only one game and it stands on its own just fine.

Not to mention most mix anyway.

Edited by ChibiToastExplosion

Whoa, did not expect unpromoted Lloyd. I assume they're padding out the set, so they can justify another set with Blazing Sword characters? Which isn't a bad thing, since more cards is always a good thing.

When you've seen younger Garon the surprise factor tends to go away I guess.

You know what's the great part about Lloyd? He's another 10 support Swordmaster that's gonna be cheap as hell on singles seller and his art is sweet.

Bad for people who don't want him and wanna get rid of him but he's kind of cheap to pull. Heh.

As for supoort, I'll take what I can get. Especially in FE6's case. If the manga is an excuse to go back and expand on it I welcome it.

All the characters will get cards eventually they just tend to prioritize expanding on what already exists first, it's only a matter of time.

Awakening is only one game and it stands on its own just fine.

only one game and it stands on its own just fine.

stands on its own just fine

holy shit what

Aside from added utility in stall decks, Mark of Naga does not add much to decks. Lucina is too slow to play due to the inherent nature of Class Changing, Lissa is now left a corpse after the coming of better MCs, and Itsuki's still not that great, compared to the likes of Marth, Elise, Lilina, Femui, and Ayra.

Compare this to Blade of Light, who not only thrived right off the bat, but now has an incredibly powerful MC, and moreso with the advent of Thite. Chances are, Marth'll improve when Set 7 releases more Divine Weapons cards.

Why though? Every color was weak after their first 50 cards but they made more. Awakening is only one game and it stands on its own just fine.

Not to mention most mix anyway.

Sacred Stones has the lowest amount of characters and isn't the game that revitalized the series like Awakening was. Awakening as a faction is currently weak (as ScarletFlame has mentioned its pretty much the Nowi show), but a third awakening set would do well as its still a very popular and current game, especially if its boosts up blue to playable (and gets key signed cards like Sugita).

They could release one set and that will do well enough, but having a second or third Sacred Stones set would not be an attractive sell. There is Fates fatigue, but at the same time those cards sell well due the signed cards (Camilla SR+'s price is insane), and the fact that FKamui is one of the strongest lords in the game atm.

Hasha no Tsurugi being added to the game just seems to me to help help spice up the second FE6 set, what can spice up a second Sacred Stones set? They're going to have to be very careful with Sacred Stones.

Edited by Draxal

Okay, so you've made my point: a faction cam be bad and still be its own faction.

I have a hard time believing the Manga is more popular than any FE game, sans tellius which absolutely bombed in Japan.

I get that people don't like SS because "too easy" and "muh Seth", but I also think you're discounting how popular Joshua and Ephraim are. The set can definitely stand on its own, and can use expansions because lord knows half of it will be Emma/shade/whatever.

Be lucky your favorite FES are are reprsented, my poor wife tho.

i want a Sacred Stones set, Scarletflame's (whom's favorite game tag IS SACRED STONES) probably wants one as well. We just want it done right.

Int Systems is being very careful of making sure previous factions are getting the proper support (they just underestimated how strong FKamui is but at the same time they don't want to burn people who bought her for their decks).

You're making way too much of a big deal of the Hasha no Tsurugi getting some cards, it's probably going to be mainly FE6 with Al/Tiena SRs + plus some friends. Just like Set 4 was.

Edited by Draxal

Just like Set 4 was.

This is basically exactly what I'm expecting, too. TMS#FE got a few MC/Mirage cards and that was all, with most of the red/blue slots going to established characters. With so many FE6 characters still not represented, I expect it'll see similar treatment, with some of the main HnT characters getting print along with a few more Roys and Lilinas and missing characters. inb4 Fir or Sophia pulls a Cordelia and gets another SR for no reason. :U

This is basically exactly what I'm expecting, too. TMS#FE got a few MC/Mirage cards and that was all, with most of the red/blue slots going to established characters. With so many FE6 characters still not represented, I expect it'll see similar treatment, with some of the main HnT characters getting print along with a few more Roys and Lilinas and missing characters. inb4 Fir or Sophia pulls a MIA and gets another SR for no reason. :U

I could see Fir getting MIA'd, and second super rare made her a MC.

I'm expecting Al/Tiena/Roy (he really needs a not sucky card)/Fir/Zephiel and maybe Kilmar because Purple as that swordmaster quota (counting Lyn here as one for this) to fill.

Probably, and for that I apologize.

All good.

Edited by Draxal

I could see Fir getting MIA'd, and second super rare made her a MC.

But Cordelia did it first! Though I agree that Mia getting a second SR was just as bad, if not worse.

Today's reveal is a super awesome Canas! Lovely artwork, though slightly disappointed that he won't be bagging an R.

GnTrCgW.png

I really needed this, especially with all the negativity going around! Yes, Canas!

Don't be so sure - check the OP, Artwork shown during the summer stream. I remembered a Canas artwork vividly, and it's different than this one. That's either a R or maybe even a SR (but likely N lol)! Don't give up hope. Two cards is two cards, I know I'm pumped.

fPIsWx2.png

Now for the rest of the family!

Edited by ChibiToastExplosion

That's almost certainly his unpromoted Shaman form. Canas is sadly not a big enough deal to get multiple promotion cards (usually reserved for main characters).

Also added livestream card reveals to the OP, as well as some text-free art of Takumi, Canas, Rebecca, Nino, and Shiro that was revealed over Twitter over the last few days. Enjoy! :D

But Cordelia did it first! Though I agree that Mia getting a second SR was just as bad, if not worse.

Cordelia and Mia are the only non-Lord characters with multiple SRs? Or there another one?