Speed Thunder + Counter Team?

IfAwakened

I was trying to think of a possible, honest use for Speed Thunder. It sucks. It buffs enemies. Buuutttt what if their speed was just a little lower... then you could have a mage go in with the S-Thunder and boost their speed, and then with a unit with Counter (or maybe Divine Retribution) you could potentially kill your enemies? It sounds incredibly half-assed and preposterous for it to EVER be viable. But it could work...

I believe there's a weapon which buffs the str of enemies, which seems like it may be more viable for this idea. It'd be hella gimmicky and extraordinarily situational since counter doesn't work on your turn anymore... If it did, I could see that working; forcing an enemy to double you or forcing their damage up just enough so they'll murder themselves on your counter. But it doesn't, so I don't think it would really work...

I believe there's a weapon which buffs the str of enemies, which seems like it may be more viable for this idea. It'd be hella gimmicky and extraordinarily situational since counter doesn't work on your turn anymore... If it did, I could see that working; forcing an enemy to double you or forcing their damage up just enough so they'll murder themselves on your counter. But it doesn't, so I don't think it would really work...

That's Xander's Lance, and the only use I think of, is being able to spam Rend Heaven afterwards, or getting additional damage with Caeldori.

The only use I find for the Speed Thunder is to buff enemy speed not to be doubled and avoid an accidental kill that could leave you vulnerable for another unit to kill. Maybe it could be used by a unit with Wary fighter and the right breaker skill or Certain Blow, so that attack speed isn't an issue, and the extra dodge would be covered by the other skill.

I got the impression Speed Thunder was balanced to be a better option than Fimbulvetr for C rank users if you really need to blow something up with the extra might or higher effective speed. But from hearing about it here I went and looked up Xander's Lance and oh my gosh is that the worst weapon in the game wow

I got the impression Speed Thunder was balanced to be a better option than Fimbulvetr for C rank users if you really need to blow something up with the extra might or higher effective speed. But from hearing about it here I went and looked up Xander's Lance and oh my gosh is that the worst weapon in the game wow

That's the reason Xander keeps losing it around the camp.