Sales of the Fire Emblem series as of now.

Harvey

I'm trying to find the correct amount that the series has sold as of now. The GBA ones have never revealed their sales numbers, and some games remain exclusive in Japan.

Now I know that Fire Emblem will obviously not get into the levels of Metroid, Kirby or even Pokemon for that matter. But we can all agree that its one of the best franchises that Nintendo has ever created and to see this go away is only depressing because...well, you always want IPs to do well so you can get the best out of them.

So anybody got an idea of how much the series has sold as of now?

Actually, the sales for the Japanese exclusive games are easier to find.

Here are some Japanese sales numbers, although Awakening's and Fates's numbers are outdated.

The last number is the total sales. Previously, Mystery of the Emblem was the biggest seller with 776K units sold, but Fates has since beat it (between the various versions).

International numbers are trickier to follow, unless Nintendo specifically mentions them. There are various "tracker" sites, but their numbers aren't that reliable since they're estimates.

Edited by VincentASM

Funny how the US and UK sales of the GBA games are never revealed.......

Also, if the sales of the FE games from Radiant Dawn didn't bomb that much, then how was the series in a threat in the first place?

Funny how the US and UK sales of the GBA games are never revealed.......

Also, if the sales of the FE games from Radiant Dawn didn't bomb that much, then how was the series in a threat in the first place?

Probably because they didn't recoup the losses caused by those games in terms of finances.

The problem with the DS games was that they were irrefutable evidence that the franchise was incapable of growth in its current direction. Being on the DS and featuring Marth should have been a slam dunk for NCL, but they only did slightly better than FE8. This was the point where they had to say,"Is FE a benefit or hindrance for us?" At some point it needed to be decided if IS was better off focusing on other games like Paper Mario and such.

The problem with the DS games was that they were irrefutable evidence that the franchise was incapable of growth in its current direction. Being on the DS and featuring Marth should have been a slam dunk for NCL, but they only did slightly better than FE8. This was the point where they had to say,"Is FE a benefit or hindrance for us?" At some point it needed to be decided if IS was better off focusing on other games like Paper Mario and such.

Yeah....I mean I get that IS is lacking in the graphic side of things and I'll admit that Shadow Dragon on DS isn't all that impressive and this coming from someone who loves the DS. They should have just done what they did for Advance Wars honestly..... which is to make a brand new game instead.

But I still find it odd that the GBA ones on the west didn't reveal their sale figures.......I find it odd honestly.

It's not odd at all, the west doesn't have a transparent tracker that releases numbers for the public use like Famitsu or Media Create.

Frankly, the remake route was probably the best strategic move for NCL, because their last three original games failed to move 250,000 units domestically with the Tellius games not even reaching 200,000.