Sain

sunshineYON

Sain  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Thumbs up or thumbs down

• Up
    • Down

Marcus and Eliwood have 5 chapters with Lowen, so it's pretty likely that they'll support him. Ninian isn't useable until 21, and Hector has better options, as does Lyn. Rebecca A/Harken B is possible, though less useful than Eliwood A/Marcus B and vice versa.

About Sain's defense and luck:

They're passable, yes, but you won't be able to send him against multiple enemies like you could with Lowen.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sain's more likely to take on an army than Lowen, though neither should. Lowen's Resistance may be better, but he'll still take good damage from any magic user, and he isn't as likely to dodge as Sain. Sain is generally more likely to dodge and, at the same time, kill. It's a bad argument; No character in the game is attempting this, even though I have Priscilla do it all the time.

If, however, you want to use Nino, I can see Lowen being a great help as he's more likely to just weaken enemies for a weaker ally to kill.

I'm not very good with calculating Avoid, but Fire affinity gives you +2.5 avoid, so FireXFire A and FireXFire B would give great avoid.

Of course Supports don't make a unit. They help a whole hell of a lot, though.

Here's the way I see it: I've had good Lowens. I'd never say he sucks. But I've had bad Lowens also. I've pretty much always had great Sains. He's never let me down. A support may make Lowen better, but I'd rather use characters that are great on their own and then boost them a bit with supports, often times not even using supports because they aren't always reliable. This is why I'll choose Sain any day over Lowen.

I've already pointed out how Lowen is a great unit even without supports... :/

I was talking personal preference....if you couldn't notice by how I ended it.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Sain's more likely to take on an army than Lowen, though neither should. Lowen's Resistance may be better, but he'll still take good damage from any magic user, and he isn't as likely to dodge as Sain. Sain is generally more likely to dodge and, at the same time, kill. It's a bad argument; No character in the game is attempting this, even though I have Priscilla do it all the time.

Rubbish.

Average 20/2 Lowen's avoid, with no supports: 39.9

Average 20/2 Sain's avoid, with no supports: 41.0

Oh wow, a whole 1.1 avoid.

Then add any support at all, even one single C support, or use a hand axe or some other weapon with more than 11 wt, and Lowen has the lead.

Sain is not more likely to dodge.

Not that lol41 avoid is anywhere near reliable to begin with.

Edited by Reikken

• 3 weeks later...

I see Lowen's growths always get bashed, but people seem to forget that his bases tie or beat Sain's (and Kent's) across the board, or nearly so.

If I was to use a Paladin one playthrough, I'd probably use Lowen and have him support with Rebecca.

I should do a playthrough where I use characters I never use otherwise... Would be interesting.

Why not use him? He's cool. Idk why people don't use cool charcters because they're considered "bad", I use who I like not who is considered "good".
I'm guessing they're giving in, if you know what I mean. I don't let others' opinions sway my options. I often use who I want to use. If my choice is considered "bad", that's their problem. Edited by Little Al