Growths

SSJDennis

Is it me, or is every level of growth determinate right from the start?

No matter how many times I replay Chapter 1, or even redo the Prologue for it, my Avatar ALWAYS gains the same stats?
It also seems to be this way for all of his next level ups. Had a different pattern on Jakob, no clue what started it...

Any way to manipulate stat gains? Or just deal with it, even if my Avatar gains bad ones the first 6 levels...

Edited by SSJDennis

Yea on Lunatic a character's level ups are seeded on recruitment. It's possible to reset for thier level up on thier requirement chapter, but past that, you can't reset for different level ups. I'm interested in seeing how reclassing effects this, because changing class changes a unit's total growth rates. Maybe it re-seeds the levelups? It should be easy to test.

In Normal/Hard, you can save scum for particular stat changes by saving in the battle preparations screen before you start the battle. If you don't get the stat boosts you want, reset and try again. If you do a battle save in Normal, any stat gains will be set in stone once you restart said save.

Yea on Lunatic a character's level ups are seeded on recruitment. It's possible to reset for thier level up on thier requirement chapter, but past that, you can't reset for different level ups. I'm interested in seeing how reclassing effects this, because changing class changes a unit's total growth rates. Maybe it re-seeds the levelups? It should be easy to test.

If you get Aptitude for a character on Lunatic after you've recruited them, will they have a chance of getting other stats than their original stat growths?

to be entirely correct, Level ups aren't predetermined and saved. it's the RNG rolls that are predetermined and saved. so something like this:

game rolls a number from 0-99 for every stat for every lvl

when the unit actually lvls, it'll take its growths and compare it to the RNG saved. if it's higher than the RNG, it'll gain a stat. otherwise, no

thus is you changed growths from reclassing or Aptitude, you can change the results eg. RNG is 54 and a Unit's growth is 50. reclass and it becomes 55? well now it gains a stat where before it didn't

Are you playing on lunatic? That has fixed star growths.

I see, makes sense XD So just keep resetting until I get a decent level up on Xander. My Avatar was REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLY bad XD

Started new game, Avatar doing good now. Still only 8 speed? I don't think she got any >_>

Chapter3 is bad... My Jakob won't proc a strength and now barely can't kill the boss with Gunters help. Yes, I am stuck XD

Did another restart, now my friend Jakob got his speed. Him doing 11 damage, Gunter doing 13. Just barely enough... Good thing I don't have to worry about the level ups XD

Edited by SSJDennis

I see, makes sense XD So just keep resetting until I get a decent level up on Xander. My Avatar was REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLY bad XD

Started new game, Avatar doing good now. Still only 8 speed? I don't think she got any >_>

Chapter3 is bad... My Jakob won't proc a strength and now barely can't kill the boss with Gunters help. Yes, I am stuck XD

Did another restart, now my friend Jakob got his speed. Him doing 11 damage, Gunter doing 13. Just barely enough... Good thing I don't have to worry about the level ups XD

You should try to get 10 str before the chapter Hoshido, or else ryoma will take all your exp. The one faceless with seal str is cancer and you'll need to one-round it before it cripples you.

You should try to get 10 str before the chapter Hoshido, or else ryoma will take all your exp. The one faceless with seal str is cancer and you'll need to one-round it before it cripples you.

Meh, I actually figured that Ryoma would be THE answer to that chapter...

I do horrible in it, everyone seems to be 2HKO by any attacker. Problem is, I can't seem to get Ryoma attacking stronger enemies, he prefers to steal my kills...

He isn't much of a teamplayer, isn't he?

Any reason to reach the other sisters? Or just hope for some crits?

One of the sisters (Hinoka?) gives a concoction and Sakura will heal you iirc. Ryoma stops attacking once he gets to the sisters. Tbh I just gave all my exp to Ryoma as glorious tribute to the lobster king for shredding chapter 14+ and take the last 4 on the boss mountain as my scraps at this point. Using some kind of pairup/drop chain thing (esp with kaze) can get you ahead faster due to his +1 mov too.

One of the sisters (Hinoka?) gives a concoction and Sakura will heal you iirc. Ryoma stops attacking once he gets to the sisters. Tbh I just gave all my exp to Ryoma as glorious tribute to the lobster king for shredding chapter 14+ and take the last 4 on the boss mountain as my scraps at this point. Using some kind of pairup/drop chain thing (esp with kaze) can get you ahead faster due to his +1 mov too.

Lol, wasn't able to save Sakura. Good news is, was able to beat it in 9 turns. Got a bit lucky with one dodge, but... Guess only way to get lower turn count would be a critical on the first Faceless with Strength Seal. Also the semi-boss can be annoying. Especially when Ryoma thinks we'll do alright by our own, while we're not XD.

Looking forward to the next challenge.