Any fans of Yes here?

Lantairu

I've been listening to a lot of them lately, specifically their albums The Yes Album, Fragile, Close to the Edge, and Going for the One. Wondering if anybody else here was a fan.

And if so what is your favorite album, favorite song, and favorite musician that's been a part of Yes. My favorite album is Close to the Edge, my favorite song right now is probably Awaken or And You and I. My favorite musician that has been in Yes is probably Rick Wakeman, though I also really like Bill Bruford.

Edited by Lantairu

I don't really know albums or the individual artists, but my favorite song from them is probably a close call between Roundabout and Owner of a Lonely Heart.

Yes, I do indeed love Yes.

Fragile is absolutely one of my favorite "prog" albums, and Tales from Topographic Oceans (contrary to popular opinion), The Yes Album, and Close to the Edge would be other particular favorites of mine. As for favorite songs, Starship Trooper, Heart of The Sunrise, or The Ancient come to mind, but I'm not sure on my favorite Yes song.

oh yeah, and bill bruford's my man, dude. chris squire (rip) lays down some sick grooves on fragile and such too.

Edited by Disinnocence

Yes, I do indeed love Yes.

Fragile is absolutely one of my favorite "prog" albums, and Tales from Topographic Oceans (contrary to popular opinion), The Yes Album, and Close to the Edge would be other particular favorites of mine. As for favorite songs, Starship Trooper, Heart of The Sunrise, or The Ancient come to mind, but I'm not sure on my favorite Yes song.

oh yeah, and bill bruford's my man, dude. chris squire (rip) lays down some sick grooves on fragile and such too.

I never cared for TFTO, like at all. I think there are parts that are really nice, but there's so much filler in between. So basically I have the same opinion as Rick Wakeman on the album.

I never cared for TFTO, like at all. I think there are parts that are really nice, but there's so much filler in between. So basically I have the same opinion as Rick Wakeman on the album.

hence the "contrary to popular opinion."

But I do understand where you're coming from, as it does have a lot of needless fluff to it. It's definitely not their finest work, but it's not their worst either. Either way, I've always had a soft spot for it, so you know, that's the way it is, I suppose. (i guess it was also their first without bill bruford, so that might contribute to it being not as good as their other albums somewhat, but probably not)

Edited by Disinnocence