Why are some anime episodes so much more expensive then others?

EricaofRenais

I am trying to get all episodes of Saiyuki Gunlock on DVD and all the discs except disc 5 cost around $5 while disc 5 cost around $63, the cheapest I have seen it for is $50. I am wondering why that one disc is so much more then the other six? Has anyone else had this happen to them when buying an anime collection? I know I am buying "older" anime but the most expensive disc in the whole series besides the one I am talking about is $27 and it is a whole prequel to the series.

I would guess that particular volume either had a limited print run or is otherwise in greater demand than the others. It's really irritating, but things like that happen fairly often.

• 2 weeks later...

It might have had a limited print run, it could be just very popular and rarer to find or maybe it contains "banned" episodes or something.

I would guess that particular volume either had a limited print run or is otherwise in greater demand than the others. It's really irritating, but things like that happen fairly often.

Totally unrelated, but is that a dominatrix Rydia?