The Fates first gen are terrible parents

Alastor15243

To be honest, I always though the second child was an accident.

Parents get a little stressed and want to get unwound with some mead. They get a little tipsy as they laugh about how Arthur got bodied by a 1% critical hit and how Hana gets merc'd by a hand axe user hitting her with only a 2% chance of doing so and, as they laugh and jeer about their companions, they gaze longing, lustfully into each others' eyes. Their lips meet in a instant as their emotions hit a fever pitch. Wet, sloppy kisses lead into frantic groping and the discarding of battle torn clothing. As the father distractedly tries to put on a FE version of a prophylactic, he fails to notice that it is damaged in his haste. Once their bodies meet in a sweaty, animalistic embrace, neither of them can find the mind to care. In the morning, they suit up and, after sharing a kiss, they depart for their duties, leaving the scent of love making in their wake.

And that, my fellow SF forum users, is how Kana/Shigure/[insert name of second child] was born. :}

Am I going to get warning points for this? LOL.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And let's not forget how every couple manages to conceive immediately.

I guess they just have my "luck" of 100% first month impregnation once birth control is stopped.

I have that 'luck' too but it is uncommon!

I can't be mad at the parents of Fates for the Babyrealms anymore, because drastic out of character actions like this are exactly what happens writers don't even bother trying to integrate mechanics or other things added at the last minute into the game. At this point I just pretend they're kids from the future like they were in Awakening, and they were shunted into their Deeprealms by the alternate universe parents to protect them from Anankos or something.

Same!

I mean, it's a pity because I am really fond of a lot of the second generation and I love some of the parent/child interactions, but I do have to view it as a separate entity!

I sure hope not. It's better than most fanfics that I read. And I think the prophylactic you're looking for is the Light_Rune.

I have that 'luck' too but it is uncommon!

Same!

I mean, it's a pity because I am really fond of a lot of the second generation and I love some of the parent/child interactions, but I do have to view it as a separate entity!

I love a ton of the kids as well, namely Midori, Kiragi, and Forrest. I wish they had stuck with the time travel, and when I prefer time travel to the current method, it means there's something wrong.

Edited by Rezzy

The kids having fixed birthdays doesn't make any sense no matter how you slice it, honestly, since birthdays confirm that it's an actual fixed day and that the pregnancies will quite often never reasonably line up with them and the fact that people will still wish you happy birthday both before and after reaching and S support basically belies the entire notion of there actually being a timeskip involved if we take the birthday system seriously at all.

To be honest, I don't think the birthday system was meant to be taken seriously. Like I think IS just made it so you can celebrity your birthday (and get all the bonuses) ingame (so to speak, of course) and then thought "hmm, it might be a little weird that only the player has their birth mentioned. Let's make it so every character has a birthday now".

Not to say that I don't agree with you or anything (in fact, I do agree with you) but I just don't think IS thought about the birthday system that seriously, other then the nods that the Awakening kiddos got.

[i'm so sorry if this didn't make sense, I don't know how to write this without it looking/sounding weird. Also, sorry if this was off topic.]

...Anyways this is a Fire Emnlem game not The Sims. They can afford to not go into the little details. LOL.

Thing is, they didn't touch on the details enough.

We're left to assume the mothers spend their pregnancy in the hyperbolic time chamber, and we're not even sure if that is the case (see Kana's wiki page; apparently it says Kana was placed in deeprelms AFTER birth).

To be honest, I don't think the birthday system was meant to be taken seriously. Like I think IS just made it so you can celebrity your birthday (and get all the bonuses) ingame (so to speak, of course) and then thought "hmm, it might be a little weird that only the player has their birth mentioned. Let's make it so every character has a birthday now".

Not to say that I don't agree with you or anything (in fact, I do agree with you) but I just don't think IS thought about the birthday system that seriously, other then the nods that the Awakening kiddos got.

[i'm so sorry if this didn't make sense, I don't know how to write this without it looking/sounding weird. Also, sorry if this was off topic.]

Well yeah, my entire point is that the birthdays should not be considered canon because they make no sense.

To be honest, I always though the second child was an accident.

Parents get a little stressed and want to get unwound with some mead. They get a little tipsy as they laugh about how Arthur got bodied by a 1% critical hit and how Hana gets merc'd by a hand axe user hitting her with only a 2% chance of doing so and, as they laugh and jeer about their companions, they gaze longing, lustfully into each others' eyes. Their lips meet in a instant as their emotions hit a fever pitch. Wet, sloppy kisses lead into frantic groping and the discarding of battle torn clothing. As the father distractedly tries to put on a FE version of a prophylactic, he fails to notice that it is damaged in his haste. Once their bodies meet in a sweaty, animalistic embrace, neither of them can find the mind to care. In the morning, they suit up and, after sharing a kiss, they depart for their duties, leaving the scent of love making in their wake.

And that, my fellow SF forum users, is how Kana/Shigure/[insert name of second child] was born. :}

Ohh my god. I'm dead.

I can't be mad at the parents of Fates for the Babyrealms anymore, because drastic out of character actions like this are exactly what happens writers don't even bother trying to integrate mechanics or other things added at the last minute into the game. At this point I just pretend they're kids from the future like they were in Awakening, and they were shunted into their Deeprealms by the alternate universe parents to protect them from Anankos or something.

Yeah can we all just agree that this is the crap writers' fault? I mean I guess you can headcannon and debate but to me everything is just so broken that nothing really stands anyway. Lol. It's just a huge mess.

Thing is, they didn't touch on the details enough.

We're left to assume the mothers spend their pregnancy in the hyperbolic time chamber, and we're not even sure if that is the case (see Kana's wiki page; apparently it says Kana was placed in deeprelms AFTER birth).

The Wiki page is written by fans, so this might not be 100 percent true. Is there a footnote?

The Wiki page is written by fans, so this might not be 100 percent true. Is there a footnote?

Again, the phrasing of the sequence that happens after your first S rank all but explicitly states that the deeprealms only came up after the first child was born.

One of the things that bothers me the most, is that some of the first gen characters don't look like they could become pregnant, go through a 9 month pregnancy, have a baby, still be able to take part in the war. Look at Elise... does that look like a lady who could be pregnant? No it doesn't. In Awakening the only people who actually have a baby before endgame is Chrom, and his 4-5 waifus.

Actually, women can get pregnant quite early.

It's definitively possible for Elise to get pregnant, though it's not very safe for her health.

Actually, women can get pregnant quite early.

It's definitively possible for Elise to get pregnant, though it's not very safe for her health.

She's technically an adult. Although I'd put her at 15-16 at the oldest. At that age, it's more psychologically not being ready for parenthood, rather than physically. Human brains have trouble keeping up with our bodies.

...Leo explicitly states Elise is technically an adult. Presumably she's of child-bearing age so she's at least 16. Her personality makes it really hard to figure out exactly though X.X

Her physical size is less of an "issue" here: Mozu is physically smaller than her but clearly more mature than she is.

More evidence that FemCorrin lays eggs.

Eh...my theory actually suggests the opposite. Corrin's definitely more human than dragon. Azura and the Hoshidan Royals find out Corrin can turn into a Dragon at the same time Corrin does. I doubt even Mikoto thought it possible. She is half dragon but her human side is clearly dominant.

She's technically an adult.

That was only in the localization, making it a bit iffy on how canon that is. I would say her age is anywhere from 12 to 16. 12 was apparently how old a girl had to be to get married in Medieval Europe, so she could be twelve and still be considered an adult due to cultural standards. Though that's assuming Nohr is similar to Medieval Europe. But Nohr's other bases, Greece and Rome, had similar standards.

I find it more annoying than anything, because not only is the deeprealms explanation plot-hole ridden and strange, but there is actually a lot of potential with a second generation.

A 20-year or so timeskip in the story would be really interesting because you could see older versions of the first gen characters and introduce the children much more naturally. But of course it won't happen, because it would make an avatar x second-gen pairing impossible / even more creepy than it was in Fates and people probably wouldn't want their avatar to actually become a middle-aged parent.

Personally I think they should either fully embrace the idea of child characters and add a large timeskip to the story or leave them out entirely. They weren't particularly popular characters in fates and the game really didn't need them. They felt very tacked-on, compared to Lucina and the other children in Awakening.

Edited by EJ107

That was only in the localization, making it a bit iffy on how canon that is. I would say her age is anywhere from 12 to 16. 12 was apparently how old a girl had to be to get married in Medieval Europe, so she could be twelve and still be considered an adult due to cultural standards. Though that's assuming Nohr is similar to Medieval Europe. But Nohr's other bases, Greece and Rome, had similar standards.

The lines were most likely directed at the player to say "she's technically legal" rather than comment on historical values of maturity. Later Elise says "I'm not a child. I'm just short for my age" which indicates the localization wants you to believe "she's an 18 year old who looks suspiciously like a 12 year old". Nyx (and Nowi before her) also has the body of a child but they pass the age test.

The lines were most likely directed at the player to say "she's technically legal" rather than comment on historical values of maturity. Later Elise says "I'm not a child. I'm just short for my age" which indicates the localization wants you to believe "she's an 18 year old who looks suspiciously like a 12 year old". Nyx (and Nowi before her) also has the body of a child but they pass the age test.

Well, Nyx and Nowi both had legitimate reasons for looking like that, one being cursed to look so, and one being a member of a race that's slow to age. Nothing like that for Elise, not to mention how she acts. I wasn't trying to say that the line was a comment about historical values, but rather it means very little since we're not told why she's considered an adult, and that all we get from it is that she's legal, which means little since there's various "legal ages" so to speak, not to mention Nohr is fictional, so even ten years old could be legal. Heck, one can marry Percy, so that might be true.

All I'm trying to say is that it does nothing to clarify her age, and that it's dubious to take localization changes as canon, since most changes aren't to expand the plot but make the story more presentable to another culture.

Folks seriously need to drop the whole "18+ = adult" in a Fire Emblem game. It's fantasy so adult is likely considered 16 or 17.

Elise, like I said before has a childish personality. She's the youngest of her siblings so she can get away with it. Same with Sakura, who is shy and studders.

I can't really fault them for having the kids, just the way they handle having them. Under stress, the best way to relieve it is going for a roll in the hay with your spouse, and then babies happen.

Clearly the Awakening-verse has better contraceptives, as they managed to make it until the end of the game without getting anyone knocked up (except for Chrom's wife, but that is during the time skip). Come on Fates characters, is sex-ed that foriegn in Hoshido and Nohr?

Clearly the Awakening-verse has better contraceptives, as they managed to make it until the end of the game without getting anyone knocked up (except for Chrom's wife, but that is during the time skip). Come on Fates characters, is sex-ed that foriegn in Hoshido and Nohr?

For all we know, half the army could have been pregnant by the end of the campaign.