Can't find ''the right time'' to read my mangas

Junkhead

Long story short, I want to read my pile of mangas which I've had for two years, but I'm always putting excuses:

- I'm generally sensitive to any outside noises when reading.

- I get side-tracked sort of easily. Though when I latch on, I latch on.

- I prefer darker places.

uh, do it when you're at home then?

I'm a hypocrite for saying this, but in order to "latch on", you need to give yourself the opportunity to "latch on" by forcing yourself to read said manga already, even if you don't particularly feel like at that time. I've had video games that I felt like playing but whenever I looked at them I said "meh, not now". When I gave one of them an opportunity, I've been playing it for 22 hours almost nonstop.

Tip's forcing yourself to do it for the first time until it latches on or become too boring for following.

Long story short, I want to read my pile of mangas which I've had for two years, but I'm always putting excuses:

I like to curl up in bed with a book in the evening, and read by the light of my bed lamp. Just put everything else distracting (3DS, computer, phone, ect.) out of arm's reach, so you would have to get up to get it. I find that helps. My university has some dim, out of the way spots in libraries and elsewhere that I also like to read in.

I always get really comfy in my room and put my Ipod on lowest volume to drown out any outside noises and spend all the evening reading.

I always get really comfy in my room and put my Ipod on lowest volume to drown out any outside noises and spend all the evening reading.

You can get "white noise" in various ways (like apps, on itunes and from websites, as well as dedicated devices) to drown out other noises.

Edited by sirmola

I'm assuming you still live with your parents or in a noisy dorm or something where you can hear talking and/or be interrupted easily. Maybe wait till night/early morning to do it? Or drown out with music/white noise.

Don't force yourself to read them. The idea of wanting to do something bff and actually wanting to do it can be pretty different. It's like knowing you want to have a clean house but not actually wanting to clean the house. Although you should probably clean your house anyway.

But if you really do want to get to reading, tis yourself of other distractions. Leave your phone upstairs or well away from wherever you're reading, being a warm drink and make sure it's a comfortable spot.