Hardest FE on its "Normal" difficulty.

Katie

Hardest FE on its intended "average" difficulty setting  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which FE do you think is the hardest, given the specified mode?

• FE1
    • FE2 Normal
    • FE3 Book 1
    • FE3 Book 2
    • FE4 Normal
    • FE5 Normal
    • FE6 Normal
    • FE7 Eliwood Normal
    • FE7 Hector Normal
    • FE8 Eirika Normal
    • FE8 Ephraim Normal
    • FE9 Normal
    • FE10 US Easy/Japanese Normal
    • FE11 Normal
    • FE12 Normal Classic
    • FE13 Normal Classic
    • Birthright Normal Classic
    • Conquest Normal Classic
    • Revelation Normal Classic

One flaw I find in "hardest FE" polls is they don't account for how games with different difficulty modes can vary wildly in difficulty based on the mode chosen. There's a HUGE difference in difficulty between FE13 Normal Casual and FE13 Lunatic+ Classic, for instance. This poll sets out to correct that, by using a specific mode from each game as the standard to judge its difficulty by.

Here's the standards I'm using for the poll(Note that FE1 and 3 don't have different difficulty modes):

For FE2, it's assumed you aren't playing easy

For FE4, it's assumed you aren't using hard mode

For FE5, it's assumed you aren't playing Paragon Mode

For FE6, it's assumed you're playing Normal.

For FE7, there are two options, one for Eliwood Normal and one for Hector Normal, with both being continued from a Lyn Normal playthrough.

FE8 like wise has two options for its two lords, and again, it's assumed you're playing Normal.

For, FE9 it's again assumed you're playing Normal.

FE10 is an odd one out, since its Normal Mode was renamed to Easy Mode for the US version(with Hard being renamed Normal and Maniac being renamed Hard), but not actually made any easier, leading to the difficulty names being misleading in the US version and much harder than their names implied. Because "Easy" Mode was called Normal in the original Japanese version, I consider it the intended "Normal" difficulty, and thus that's the mode the poll will use.

For FE11, it's again assumed you're playing Normal.

For FE12-14, it's assumed you're playing Classic Mode on top of playing Normal.

Of the ones I've played, FE10. From what I've heard, FE5 and FE14 C are both serious contenders.

Went with FE5 since fatigue, 1 RN and no certain hit/miss on top of that sound annoying (and for being the one I actually want to play).

The hardest FE in normal difficult is probably FE5: heck, some chapters mighty give you hell from how much difficult they are. And yes, I'm referring to you, chapter 4 and 4x.

However, Conquest can be a challenge on normal too.

The hardest FE in normal difficult is probably FE5: heck, some chapters mighty give you hell from how much difficult they are. And yes, I'm referring to you, chapter 4 and 4x.

However, Conquest can be a challenge on normal too.

^ This! Though Conquest can throw curve balls here and there, nothing matches the insanity of surprise warp tiles, permanent status effects, fatigue, capturing units, lack of a proper preparation screen, crazy fog of war, and nonexistent funds found in Thracia 776.

^ This! Though Conquest can throw curve balls here and there, nothing matches the insanity of surprise warp tiles, permanent status effects, fatigue, capturing units, lack of a proper preparation screen, crazy fog of war, and nonexistent funds found in Thracia 776.

Don't forget healing staves that can miss.

Fire Emblem 8 Eirika Normal is 2 hard 5 me m8

Tbh, I don't even know why it is an option.

Purely for completeness's sake. I figured the vote for it was a joke vote.

Don't forget healing staves that can miss.

Purely for completeness's sake. I figured the vote for it was a joke vote.

That gameplay factor was one of the worst ideas that Kaga ever had. Period. Fortunately, if a healing staff did miss for me, the healer, (usually Saphy) would heal again and land that attempt.

and nonexistent funds found in Thracia 776.

Money is surprisingly easy to get by in FE5. (fwiw I don't even tend to use arenas)

Edited by Gradivus.

Money is surprisingly easy to get by in FE5. (fwiw I don't even tend to use arenas)

Hell, money is hardly needed in FE5 when you can just abuse capture to get more weapons.

I voted for Conquest, from experience. From what I've heard though, Thracia 776 is absolutely brutal.

Radiant Dawn might have been a contender, if considered on US-Normal/JPN-Hard (not US-Easy/JPN-Normal). And if discounting battle save abuse.