Conquest Ch 10 and Thracia Ch 14 Spoilers

quasimopho13

Does anyone think that Conquest Ch 10 was inspired by Thracia Ch 14?

1. The layout of the walls look similar

2. There are ballistas that can attack through the wall (though in Thracia you can defeat them early on and Conquest they build momentum throughout

3. IMO (though may be due to how I played it), your completely cornered to the seize line that you have to hold for ~ the 2 last turns

4. IMO comparable difficulty

I think Thracia's Chapter 14 is what inspired many defense chapters down the road. Look at Elincia's Gambit, for example. I think Conquest 10 did take inspiration from Thracia, along with other Fire Emblems.

I think Thracia's Chapter 14 is what inspired many defense chapters down the road. Look at Elincia's Gambit, for example. I think Conquest 10 did take inspiration from Thracia, along with other Fire Emblems.

From what I remember, Elincia's Gambit and chapter 14 from thracia didn't have many similarities between each other.

Thery are both defense chapter, but that's it. I could be forgetting something tough.

Btw, I've got that feeling too and i really like it, It's one of the main reason I loved that chapter.

Also, there are other things that both of them had:

- both of them had two mini bosses(in Thracia there was the generic boss general that will charge at the beginning of the chapter and the wyvern rider that will appear as a NPC with his squad; in Conquest, there are Oboro and Hinata)

-both of them had two wyvern units that joins at the same time, with one being absolutely more useful than the other(Dean being better than his sister in Thracia; Camilla being better than Beruka in Conquest)

Yeah, Thracia's seems to be the foundation for the main defense map of a lot of Fire Emblem games. I think fe14s stood out to me because of the ballistas and the map difficulty. The danger zone villages, IMO, are easier to get to in fe14.

That is true about the bosses. Does Eda turn out good if you raise her? From experience, I know Dean is nuts with his A in swords and Dragon Lance with Vantage and Brave effect.

Edited by quasimopho13

From what I remember, Elincia's Gambit and chapter 14 from thracia didn't have many similarities between each other.

Thery are both defense chapter, but that's it. I could be forgetting something tough.

Btw, I've got that feeling too and i really like it, It's one of the main reason I loved that chapter.

Also, there are other things that both of them had:

- both of them had two mini bosses(in Thracia there was the generic boss general that will charge at the beginning of the chapter and the wyvern rider that will appear as a NPC with his squad; in Conquest, there are Oboro and Hinata)

-both of them had two wyvern units that joins at the same time, with one being absolutely more useful than the other(Dean being better than his sister in Thracia; Camilla being better than Beruka in Conquest)

Elincia's gambit is actually similar to Thracia's Ch.14 in the sense that you have many waves of enemies coming from three different areas all towards the throne/gate.

Edited by Leif