Revelation PVP/Postgame Pairings

I'm having a REALLY hard time finalizing my Revelations Optimal Pairings for PVP/Postgame. There are several things I really want to do that I know are nowhere close to optimal.

Non-optimal wishes that are getting in the way.

*Marry Corrin to either Nina or a child of Azura. I just hate the idea of marrying my Corrin to Midori who looks and sounds like she is 11.

*Marry as many eligible retainers to each other or their masters as possible.

(Kagero X Ryoma, Oboro X Takumi, Effie X Arthur, Laslow X Peri, and Setsuna X Azama are favorites of mine)

*Marry Selena to either Laslow or Subaki instead of Hinata or Silas. I love Selena!Caeldori!

*As many international pairings as possible that are still optimal.

Goals/Optimal Wishes** Understand that only some of these are possible.

* Have 5 good units for PVP. 2 attackers to use my boots on, Azura with Warp, Laslow as a Rally Bot (probably as a Falcon Knight), and some kind of back up magical staff user for Hexing Rod/Rescue shenanigans. Unfortunately, this pretty much guarantees he will have to marry Azura or Selena.

*Have at least 12 VERY strong units to use in post game environments. In this regard, I can justify having half of the children with excellent pairings, and the other half with so-so pairings (both parental and marriage).

* A strong Kana with good if not close to perfect mods.

*100% Miracle Midori is something I've always wanted to try, but in practice, she seems like she would not be ideal or very good for PVP. If Miracle Midori is easy to counter or only so so, then I do not want to go through the trouble of wasting Kaze, Mozu, or Azura as parents for her and her husband/waste building space by making luck statues.

This is a rough draft of what I have so far:

+Magic, -Defense Corrin X Nyx!Nina

Azura X Laslow

Jakob X Kagero

Silas X Peri

Kaze X Mozu

Ryoma X Camilla

Takumi X Oboro

Saizo X Felicia

Kaden X Rinkah

Hinata X Hana

Azama X Setsuna

Subaki X Selena

Hayato X Orochi

Xander X Hinoka

Leo X Sakura

Benny X Beruka

Keaton X Charlotte

Arthur X Effie

Odin X Elise

Niles X Nyx

Help? Please? Lol!

azura x laslow is good— makes a better soleil from someone who's married selena x laslow three times and was disappointed.

jakob x kagero— never actually tried it? i'm guessing the strength mods will be pretty high, with dwyer having to gain his magic stat by himself. orochi's a better mother in my opinion, but giving orochi to jakob will probably mess up rhajat.

silas x peri— i don't really recommend it, mainly because they share the same class. peri's secondary is the dark mage class line, but that's not really recommended for a heavyhitting physical family. charlotte and oboro make sophie amazing. peri should go to hinata.

hinata x hana— hisame's set to become a swordmaster this way, while he can do better in some other classes. hana can do to kaden for a swordmaster selkie.

those are the pairings i'm a bit on the fence on, the rest seems good enough to make some kids.

Yeah, Dwyer gets to a whopping +6 Strength mod with Kagero as his mother. If she didn't go to Jakob, I would want her to go to Ryoma, probably. I really love Oboro X Takumi as a pairing, too, but understand that it doesn't give Takumi anything new.

If Kagero were to go to Ryoma, where would Camilla need to go?

I could do: Kagero X Ryoma, Camilla X Keaton, Charlotte X Xander, Hinoka X SIlas, Peri X Jakob.

Tsubaki x Selena doesn't really do much aside from the fanservice. I guess you could make Caeldori a Swordmaster...?

If Kagero were to go to Ryoma, where would Camilla need to go?

Anyone who needs a physical or mixed mom. Laslow, Silas, Keaton, and either Rev partners are some good ideas.

Edited by Ebony

If you're doing skill-buying (and you probably should for pvp, since it allows for a much greater range of skills) TakuObo's perfectly fine postgame because it's not like Takumi actually needs any classes but Sniper anyway (also isn't he too slow for PvP) and Oboro has fine stats for any physical unit. I like to run Mechanist Kiragi since it works well with his skill, which Oboro does provide him. The only class I can see Takumi actually potentially wanting for postgame, though it locks him out of Pursuer, is Bow Knight, and that takes a corn and for a pvp file you wouldn't want corn marrying a gen1.

If you aren't buying skills, though, Kagero, Setsuna, or Azura has skills he wants, namely replicate from the first two or darting blow from the latter, take your pick. He should A+ Ryoma or Hinata for Samurai for Life or Death and Astra. You /could/ marry Hana too for the same and she does have good mods for Kiragi at least, but his other A+ choices are pretty useless on him so it'd basically be wasting his A+. Azura and Setsuna helps patch Kiragi's speed mod the best if you're into that, though I'd recommend just making the faster ones faster instead of trying to patch up the slowasses' speed.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Switch Felicia and Orochi around. Rhajat doesn't need her Speed to take a hit (ideally, Rhajat should get Nyx as her mom for a strong dual +5 to both Magic and Speed but you already have Nyx committed to Nina). Asugi gets max Skill and a very strong Magic modifier and growth rate and the drop in Speed doesn't matter to him at all thanks to his dad having a negative Speed mod to begin with.

Or if you want to change some things around, give Felicia to Nina, give Nyx to Rhajat, and give Orochi to Asugi and have yourself marry Rhajat in order to get a Kana with a +9 Magic mod (highest only to male Kana's potential to get a +10, though offset by male Kana's not having access to the Witch class).

Edited by Roflolxp54