Fire Emblem Fates PVP Tier List

Elegyy

I've not gotten into PvP yet (still training my units up), but here's what I gathered from observation (classes are ordered within tiers in approximate order of awesomeness):

S rank:

- Master Ninja. Nonpenalized 1-2 range (or even 3 range with the Spy Shuriken), automatic status debuffs, insane SKL and SPD for high hit and crit rates and doubling almost everything, their only real drawback is that their STR isn't godly.

- Swordmaster. Best dodgetanks in the game, as they get higher innate AVO bonuses than any other class (except Lodestar) and a Corrin Swordmaster can potentially have every -breaker skill in the game, which, when paired up with Jakob and equipped with the Sunrise Katana or Hagakure Blade, basically makes them unhittable (AKA "Josephine").

A rank:

- Songstress. Specifically when equipped with Warp - the ability to give any unit anywhere on the map an extra turn whenever you please is incredible.

- Witch. The highest MAG cap and a very high SPD cap makes them the best magic users if you want magic users. Their skills are also pretty nasty - Warp and Toxic Brew can really mess someone up.

- Falcon Knight. Thanks to flight and 8+ MOV, the best support unit you can have, and it's basically expected for every team everywhere to have at least one Falcon Knight.

- Sniper. Having immense HIT and CRIT and green weapons basically makes them tailor-made to take out those pesky Master Ninjas, though if they can't oneshot their target, they are in serious trouble.

B rank:

- General. The only tank you should take into PvP, and even then only when geared with as much survivability as possible (capped DEF, Aegis + Pavise, etc.). As most teams are very heavy on Master Ninjas and Swordmasters, having a General may catch them off-guard.

- Kinshi Knight. Flying bow users - do I need to say more? Nothing better suited to hunting down and eliminating the opposing Falcon Knights.

- Berserker. "Do you feel lucky? Well do ya, punk?!" If the RNG is willing to bless you, their +20 innate CRIT is going to tear serious holes into the opposition - but with Master Ninjas and Swordmasters being so prevalent, you need to be able to hit them in the first place. You have WTA over Master Ninjas, but for Swordmasters, you will need a Dual Club.

Pretty much all other classes are somewhere below that. They're rarely seen, so I'm not really going to bother with them.

I'm rather sadden'd that most of the DLC classes aren't viable to use in most situations.

• Dread Fighters have too much goin' on that it's a master of none. The real crime is that it misses out the high Speed and Skill that Master Ninjas have which Dread Fighters really would like to imitate, but fail at it hard.
  • Dark Flier would of been average at best, but it's HP makes wet tissue paper look like bulletproof vests.
  • Ballistician are suppose'd to be siege units, and would be nice to have some sort of bulk to compliment it's sluggishness and power to make it a good tank unit. However, it's a true glass cannon without anythin' else to compensate it's main drawback.
  • As much as I like Ike, his Vanguard class lacks one of the most important stats in the game: Speed and Skill. Well, "lacks" is rather harsh, mediocre might be better, however the slow Speed and clumsy Skill will bite Vanguard in the back too many times to count to be that meaty slugger-type class.
  • Balance'd type classes are fun, but Grandmaster falls short of bein' truly bein' a balance'd class. While it has average to good in almost all stats to make the class passable, the lackin' areas make the class's Achilles more apparent than if ya somehow forgot to breathe. Startin' out with less HP than usual isn't a terrible thin' to happen to ya, but when ya combine it when terrible speed and luck... yar goin' to have a bad time.

Witches, Lodestar, and MAYBE Great Lord are useable. 3/8 isn't a good fraction, but I guess we'll take what we can get...

I'm rather sadden'd that most of the DLC classes aren't viable to use in most situations.

• Dread Fighters have too much goin' on that it's a master of none. The real crime is that it misses out the high Speed and Skill that Master Ninjas have which Dread Fighters really would like to imitate, but fail at it hard.
  • Dark Flier would of been average at best, but it's HP makes wet tissue paper look like bulletproof vests.
  • Ballistician are suppose'd to be siege units, and would be nice to have some sort of bulk to compliment it's sluggishness and power to make it a good tank unit. However, it's a true glass cannon without anythin' else to compensate it's main drawback.
  • As much as I like Ike, his Vanguard class lacks one of the most important stats in the game: Speed and Skill. Well, "lacks" is rather harsh, mediocre might be better, however the slow Speed and clumsy Skill will bite Vanguard in the back too many times to count to be that meaty slugger-type class.
  • Balance'd type classes are fun, but Grandmaster falls short of bein' truly bein' a balance'd class. While it has average to good in almost all stats to make the class passable, the lackin' areas make the class's Achilles more apparent than if ya somehow forgot to breathe. Startin' out with less HP than usual isn't a terrible thin' to happen to ya, but when ya combine it when terrible speed and luck... yar goin' to have a bad time.

Witches, Lodestar, and MAYBE Great Lord are useable. 3/8 isn't a good fraction, but I guess we'll take what we can get...

Actually, the balanced classes don't seem very good in my opinion. The PVP meta seems to have that aspect of Pokemon where not being good or bad at anything will have you eaten alive generally and you have to be really good at one thing in order to be useful.