I need help working with my save files.

solrocknroll

I don't know if this topic is crossing the line or anything, so just tell me if it is.

Anyway, I have an SRM file for Thracia that I'm trying to get to work with the game. I've tried to do the thing where you rename the file to be the same as the game, but it still isn't working. It only gives me the "new game" option. I'm really at a loss as to how to get it to work. Any advice would be appreciated.

I don't know if this topic is crossing the line or anything, so just tell me if it is.

Anyway, I have an SRM file for Thracia that I'm trying to get to work with the game. I've tried to do the thing where you rename the file to be the same as the game, but it still isn't working. It only gives me the "new game" option. I'm really at a loss as to how to get it to work. Any advice would be appreciated.

What emulator are you using? Emulators usually have a "import save" feature, which imports any of a variety of save file types. many emulators have saves in special folders and have complicated systems to keep track of those saves.( I believe that the "rename in same folder" trick only works with VBA, which is obviously incapable of running thracia.) using the import feature usually works much better.

Edited by sirmola

What emulator are you using? Emulators usually have a "import save" feature, which imports any of a variety of save file types. many emulators have saves in special folders and have complicated systems to keep track of those saves.( I believe that the "rename in same folder" trick only works with VBA, which is obviously incapable of running thracia.) using the import feature usually works much better.

I'm using ZSNES. I'll try and look for the import save, but I've looked in all of the menus.

Edited by Ms. Bunch

I'm using ZSNES. I'll try and look for the import save, but I've looked in all of the menus.

No idea how zsnes works. I use snes9x and higan, as appropriate. FYI, zsnes is no longer supported, and has a serios security flaw. Also, it will not plat the new fe4 fan translation because it can't handle big roms.