Anime & Manga

Raven

Currently Watching/planned:

Star Ocean Ex

Blue Dragon

Ghost in the Shell: Innocence (which is apparently the best one out of the other GitS)

Halo Legends (first episode done)

I don't know about Innocence being the best of the GitS series. I mean GitS: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG was a great series, and the SAC movie Solid State Society was better than Innocence too, I thought.

I don't know--Innocence just had gegobs more atmosphere than any other GitS. You could probably make an argument based on 2nd gig's entertainment value, but I just don't SSS cutting it. That's just my two sense, though.

I see where you're coming from about the atmosphere in Innocence, something I didn't really consider until now. The only thing that put it down for me was the lack of Mokoto. Otherwise I do find it very good.

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Star Ocean Ex

Blue Dragon

Ghost in the Shell: Innocence (which is apparently the best one out of the other GitS)

my advice, dont watch Star Ocean Ex, it sucks...

Star Ocean Ex

Blue Dragon

I don't know about Innocence being the best of the GitS series. I mean GitS: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG was a great series, and the SAC movie Solid State Society was better than Innocence too, I thought.

I don't know--Innocence just had gegobs more atmosphere than any other GitS. You could probably make an argument based on 2nd gig's entertainment value, but I just don't SSS cutting it. That's just my two sense, though.

I see where you're coming from about the atmosphere in Innocence, something I didn't really consider until now. The only thing that put it down for me was the lack of Mokoto. Otherwise I do find it very good.

For me I love atmosphere, it can make a noticeable difference in how you like something or view the story or whatever, if you know what I mean. Innocence looks darker than the other GitS which I see promising. By the way is there a new Ghost in the Shell on the way called Ghost in the Shell 2.0?

As for Star Ocean Ex, I'm starting to consider (again) to drop it. It reminds me of Pokemon (TV show, not the films) which I deteste now.

On the weekend I'll probably start Death Note and watch the live action films (Death Note: The Last Name) which I got recorded (thanks, Film4!). Definetely looks awesome.

Edited by Nintygold

I am reading Eyeshield 21. Considering that most sports anime are pretty bleh(excluding Slam Dunk), I'm actually suprised by it's quality.

For me I love atmosphere, it can make a noticeable difference in how you like something or view the story or whatever, if you know what I mean. Innocence looks darker than the other GitS which I see promising. By the way is there a new Ghost in the Shell on the way called Ghost in the Shell 2.0?

That was just art update for the original film. However, Steven Spielberg is doing a 3D live action (?--might be western animation) version, but there treating it too much like a comic book (one of the guys who's writing it did Ghostrider. Bleh.) and it'll probably flop. Cowboy Bebop on the other hand...

Edited by Le Communard

Is Neon Genesis Evangelion as good as I think it is? I'm going to (hopfully) watch it on the weekend.

It is good. But not as most of the fans make it seen.

Although to be fair it deconstructs some(several) tropes, so it's interesting to watch.

Edited by Rei of Nanto

• 5 weeks later...

I'm guessing that sincethis topic is pinned it'll be ok to post even after 2 weeks of inactivity

right now I'm reading "Manhole" (not what you think)

it's about a paraiste threat brought into light by an idealist who takes "worthless" people to these "labs" under manholes (not exactly sewers) and you follow two detectives trying the find the source of the parasite after it has been spread by aan who risen from a manhole, totally robed of desire and rational though thanks to the parasite.

It's pretty well drawn at times but you can see that some panels are drawn rather lazily. I'm into biology and especially fraky things like parasites and diseases so I like thus far :)

watched:

gintama: 5 stars. My favorite manga/anime. extremely funny

Dragonball Z: It's a pretty cool series, 5 stars

Naruto: Great, 5 stars

Yugioh: english dubbers ruined it. prudes...4.5 stars original, 3 stars dubbed

One Piece: pretty good, 4 stars

Pokemon: same as Yugioh, except 2 stars dubbed

Bobobobobobobo: pretty damn funny, 5 stars

Read:

Gintama: see above

Dragonball: one hilarious gag manga: 5 stars

Dr. Slump: non sequitar and funny, 5 stars

Bleach: epic, 4.5 stars

Naruto: see above

• 1 month later...

For manga, I've read Death Note, Rurouni Kenshin, and Buso Renkin, and I'm reading Bleach, Hikaru no Go, Fullmetal Alchemist, Black Cat, Claymore, D.Gray-man, and I just started Naruto. Death Note is easily my favourite, though.

For anime, I've seen Noir, Fullmetal Alchemist, Last Exile, Cowboy Bebop, Black Cat, Coyote Ragtime Show, Gunslinger Girl, Planetes, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, and Full Metal Panic, and am currently watching Bleach, Pandora Hearts, and Death Note. Also at various times I've started watching Ghost in the Shell, Kino's Journey, Trigun, Trinity Blood, and Witch Hunter Robin, but never got around to finishing them :(

Oh, and Cowboy Bebop is my favourite anime.

I've watched:

Blood+

Saiunkoku Monogatari

Gakuen Alice

La Corda Doro

Tears to tiara

Tsubasa Chronicle

xxxHolic

Fullmental Alchemist Brotherhood

Air Gear

Blood+

Angel Tales

Nodame Cantabile

Kino's journey

Darker than black.

Big Windup

... (more, very much!)

I've read:

Gakuen Alice and Pandora Hearts, nothing much.

Well, why not.

Clannad

Kanon (2006)

Gurren Lagann

Gundam 00

Darker Than Black

Love Hina

Midori no Hibi

Golden Boy

Code Geass

Casshern Sins

Serial Experiments Lain

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

Haruhi

School Days (dis shit is crazee)

School Rumble

Death Note

Macross Frontier

Irresponsible Captain Tylor

Full Metal Panic

Azumanga Daioh

Air

Shin Mazinger Z

I think that's it.

• 2 months later...

Just finished (after something like a year of reading) Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicles. Since I've already read CCS, that just leaves me with xxxHolic before I'm done the three big CLAMP mangas, aside from Chobits.

I've also watched the first 2 seasons of Digimon (hilarious dialog) if that counts for anything.

Edited by Admiral Lifey Crunch

Just finished (after something like a year of reading) Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicles. Since I've already read CCS, that just leaves me with xxxHolic before I'm done the three big CLAMP mangas, aside from Chobits.

I've also watched the first 2 seasons of Digimon (hilarious dialog) if that counts for anything.

The first two seasons of Digimon are probably the best. Make sure to watch the movies.

I've watched:

Gundam Seed(and Destiny)

Gundam 00 - both seasons

Gundam Wing

07-Ghost

.hack//sign

Amatsuki

Avatar: the Last Airbender (if that counts?)

Berserk

Bleach

Casshern Sins

Code Geass - both

Naruto and Naruto Shippuden

The Tower of Druaga: The Aegis of Uruk

Wolf's Rain

Chrome Shelled Regios