A Strange Vista Modification

Cynthia

Did you intend to make it look like a Mac leopard or is that just a coincidence?

It wasn't intentional, it just sort of happened, downloaded a theme pack, and that just happened to be the one I stuck with.

Mind linking me to the site you got this? Or other choices.

Well I found a place for this specific theme, I can't seem to get the other site link anymore due to lots of cleaning to make my desktop look presentable, thus cleaning my history.

But it's tricky to install, and it only works on Vista.

Edited by Cynthia

Ah shame... I have windows XP, always heard negative stuff about vista when the 2 are being compared so I never felt like changing. If you had XP, what's your take on Vista vs XP?

I actually prefer Vista, as when I had XP, I got so many fatal crashes and blue screens, Vista I never got one. Most of the errors correct themselves as well, not to mention higher security, so less viruses.

As for your XP, there IS an XP version of this, but I've never tried it, so use at own risk, although it's pretty safe to do.

This is a guide for turning XP into the OS X (I'll find a guide to doing the Leopard for XP later): http://features.engadget.com/2004/06/09/tu...-pc-into-a-mac/

Edited by Cynthia

Heh... that's gotta be the first time I've heard a positive comment on vista. Even typing "Vista" on the uk.youtube search tells me that it sucks.

Ah thanks for the link mysterious one.

No problem, it's really creative, and combines the two to make a unique interface. Personally I'm not a big Mac fan, as I am one of the people who feel that the new Macs being able to run Windows XP shows how desperate Mac users are to have Windows, but that's just my opinion.

I actually like Windows Vista, as it hasn't given me a lot of trouble.

No problem, it's really creative, and combines the two to make a unique interface. Personally I'm not a big Mac fan, as I am one of the people who feel that the new Macs being able to run Windows XP shows how desperate Mac users are to have Windows, but that's just my opinion.

I actually like Windows Vista, as it hasn't given me a lot of trouble.

lol that's hilarious.

Any trouble with vista at all? Feel free to stop me if I'm asking too many questions btw, you seem like one who doesn't want to say much to strangers.

Edited by ThunderMan

lol that's hilarious.

Any trouble with vista at all?

The only trouble I ever had was it lagging when I got it, but that was the computer manufacturers fault, as they stuck me with a 512MB RAM card, after I upgraded to 1.5GB that was over.

The only software I ever had trouble with was Maple Story, as it wouldn't install, but I didn't like that game anyways, and I hear they have a Vista installer now.

Most people complain that you can't get the Aero (Transparent) theme on Basic (Which is the cheapest of Premium, Ultimate, and Basic) but you actually CAN through a simple regedit modification, and you can get the 3D flip as well, (Which I don't really use.) So you can buy the cheapest version and still get all the attractive features.

Most complaints I've heard about vista is that it crashes, it "doesn't work" and crashes a lot O_o.

Complaining about not being able to get a theme just seems ridiculous to me, why's the theme such a big deal?

I have never experienced these "crashes," people complain about, the reason this image of Vista being bad is because people like to complain more than they like to compliment.

The theme is where a lot of the ease of access comes from.

Transparent windows make it easier to see what's going on in the background, and the 3D flip makes it easy to see what you have open without having to click on everything. People like things being easy, and that's what Vista was designed for, to make it easier, as Microsoft knows that 75% of their customers know little about computers.

Not to mention some people just think the Aero theme looks more sleek and futuristic, and more attractive to have. (Also it makes modifying the theme a lot easier, as Aero is the base theme used for 99% of theme mods.)

I see... makes sense that people complain about not getting it then I guess...

Thanks again for the link, any other artistic stuff you've been doing?

Well, I'm always experimenting with new things, so if I find anything else strange or unique, I can share. Don't forget to let your creative side run wild and show off your creations too.

I think I lack creativity and I've never been good at art. Only thing I've done recently is just finishing some FE6 HM videos.

Everyone has something they are good at, you just have to believe, and envision.

Everyone has something they are good at, you just have to believe, and envision.

I don't believe that, I've tried many things and I've found nothing I can call talent. Pardon my disbelief but I just don't see that "just believe stuff" to be true, at least not for me anyway.

Edited by ThunderMan

inb4vistrasucksbypeoplewho'srunningitonoldhardware

Vista is actually a bit underrated. I for one enjoys it!

So, was it a software mod you downloaded?

The goal is to make it as simple as possible.

If you sell a computer, and when costumers feel their intelligence level is being insulted by using it, you know you did it right.

The goal is to make it as simple as possible.

when costumers feel their intelligence level is being insulted by using it, you know you did it right.

This. Yeah, people don't keep it simple and just make the who deal worst.