Cleared Conquest Lunatic Duo run with Soliel!

HTakara82

rikdoYy.jpg

I have to say it's my proudest achievement in this game... although, it left me a bit empty when I realized that all you need is high defense to steam roll endgame.

On the plus side, I did enjoy my married life with Soliel, which I didn't care for at all before attempting this.

Hey, don't leave the rest of us hanging! Would like a rundown of what you did, for starters!

Like on how to clear endgame? Everything before that was pretty much by the numbers, Soliel was stupidly overlevel'd and just mowed down everything.

Like on how to clear endgame? Everything before that was pretty much by the numbers, Soliel was stupidly overlevel'd and just mowed down everything.

How you got there - bane/boon/talent on avatar, Soliel's parents/inheritance, some later chapter strategies, etc.

How you got there - bane/boon/talent on avatar, Soliel's parents/inheritance, some later chapter strategies, etc.

Ah ok, my avatar was +STR -LCK, Got him Samurai talent to pass to Soleil. Soleil's mom was Effie.

Vantage and Sol was mandatory to clear through the later parts of the game, High Defense was key as well. In Conquest Lunatic, Enemies just sit idle when they do 0 damage. I went out of my way to get Defense Taker, as without it, I wouldn't be able to clear debuff hell chapter 26. For the most part, I was playing as Master Ninja > Dreadfighter, I would swap between classes to get skills. Tonics were my best friend. Thanks to barely spending money, I was loaded for the last 3 parts of the game.

Soleil got pretty stat blessed (thank GOD!) so she capped STR, SKL, SPD, LCK, DEF and RES, without too much issues. Obviously used every stat booster I got my hands on. She was at 50 HP by endgame, and just used up all the Seraph robes on her to cap it. I had a lot of problems with Endgame, because even though everything was hitting for very little even enfeebled for most of the turns, the little damage was deadly thanks to Inevitable End. I had to switch her out to General, bumping up to around 57 defense, counting in tonics, pairup bonus and defense taker. Even enfeebled, everything did 0 damage even Takumi, so the aoe spam he does, didn't scare me anymore. There was a few notable dangers, mostly from the Bolt Axe Malig Knight, other than that, it was really easy. I failed about a dozen times before making these adjustments though.

Hmmm. . .do you think disarming yourself and using Pass would've been easier for Endgame? Also, would Great Knight have worked instead of General?

I have a couple of ideas, but I'm not sure if they're feasible.

Hmmm. . .do you think disarming yourself and using Pass would've been easier for Endgame? Also, would Great Knight have worked instead of General?

I have a couple of ideas, but I'm not sure if they're feasible.

I think great knight could work, but the generals have Beast Killers... so it'll be high risk as those guys have ATK stats in the 50s

I think great knight could work, but the generals have Beast Killers... so it'll be high risk as those guys have ATK stats in the 50s

Eeep, that won't work.

What I had in mind was something using Pass, Takumi's Shinai, and every last pair of Boots. Vanguard negates the Beast Killer nonsense, but it doesn't have the staying power that Great Knight/General do.

Eeep, that won't work.

What I had in mind was something using Pass, Takumi's Shinai, and every last pair of Boots. Vanguard negates the Beast Killer nonsense, but it doesn't have the staying power that Great Knight/General do.

You can live without pass, you want as many skills as possible that increases survivability. If your unit can ORKO reliably, you won't run into a situation where you get roadblocked. And you definitely want to somehow negate Berserkers, they're generally the most dangerous. Axebreaker is a freaking godsend for Soleil.

Since self-destruct units only "detonate" when killed, wasn't sure if walking straight through all of them would work. Kill five of them and forget about the rest, essentially.

Since self-destruct units only "detonate" when killed, wasn't sure if walking straight through all of them would work. Kill five of them and forget about the rest, essentially.

Units that don't do any damage, generally just sit still on their starting point, you can ignore them, that's what happened with majority of enemies in endgame

Units that don't do any damage, generally just sit still on their starting point, you can ignore them, that's what happened with majority of enemies in endgame

That's legit cool and something I didn't know earlier, in which case lowmanning is probably the way to go (assuming you can hit zero damage on everything).

What's even cooler is that Soliel worked, despite having a negative Defense mod. Imagine if you had a female avatar, and married Ignatius.

That's legit cool and something I didn't know earlier, in which case lowmanning is probably the way to go (assuming you can hit zero damage on everything).

What's even cooler is that Soliel worked, despite having a negative Defense mod. Imagine if you had a female avatar, and married Ignatius.

Yeah it is rather surprising that even with negative mod to defense it was possible.

I'm pretty sure they only detonate when they're below half HP at the start of EP. It's been a couple months, but I recall massacring about a dozen of them on PP on my non-cheese clear and taking advantage of the first fact to let the Faceless injure themselves on EP, then disengage on PP. That aside, the only really notable thing about the Endgame Faceless is their intense bulk (I think they're generally about as durable as the Generals and the Generals have Wary Fighter going for them). Their Attack is a pitiful 39, which would make them the first unit type to give up and sit down against HTakara's strat.

One thing I'm curious about is how you dealt with the Freeze Maid. It should have had a pretty good chance to hit against General!Soleil, which would then make it pretty easy to getting perpetually stuck in place and have all her stats eaten by Enfeeble.

Regardless, grats on the challenge clear!

How exactly did you clear C10 with one unit?

I'd also like to know a bit more about Endgame, if you don't mind explaining. There are 5 Enfeebles in total, 3 Enfeebles should be enough to get her in damage range of very few physical enemies and 4 or more reduces her Def so much that Soleil can get damaged by all physical enemies. It's pretty hard to avoid those Enfeebles considering there's a Freeze Maid and the Enfeebles are more or less spread out but have a big range and are hard to reach quickly without a full team. There are also some Hammer Generals but I suppose the Avatar takes those on.

How exactly did you clear C10 with one unit?

I'd also like to know a bit more about Endgame, if you don't mind explaining. There are 5 Enfeebles in total, 3 Enfeebles should be enough to get her in damage range of very few physical enemies and 4 or more reduces her Def so much that Soleil can get damaged by all physical enemies. It's pretty hard to avoid those Enfeebles considering there's a Freeze Maid and the Enfeebles are more or less spread out but have a big range and are hard to reach quickly without a full team. There are also some Hammer Generals but I suppose the Avatar takes those on.

Sorry for being a bit late, I was out all day.

I didn't start the duo'ing until I got Soleil after chapter 12, so I went as normal from before then, if that helps. considering it's impossible to clear chapter 10 with only 1 unit.

Enfeeble doesn't stack, it's just a matter of having enough defense that even when enfeebled enemies still do 0 damage to you, with defense taker and all other bonuses into account Soleil had 57 defense before enfeeble, and enfeeble drops that down to 53. Which is still well above the defense needed where everything on the map does zero damage. I had zero fear of enfeeble rods. freeze is not much of a problem as it is just a nuisance. I just played leapfrog with pairups until I was in range to kill the maids. Overall, it took me about 38 turns to clear the map.

Sorry for being a bit late, I was out all day.

I didn't start the duo'ing until I got Soleil after chapter 12, so I went as normal from before then, if that helps. considering it's impossible to clear chapter 10 with only 1 unit.

Enfeeble doesn't stack, it's just a matter of having enough defense that even when enfeebled enemies still do 0 damage to you, with defense taker and all other bonuses into account Soleil had 57 defense before enfeeble, and enfeeble drops that down to 53. Which is still well above the defense needed where everything on the map does zero damage. I had zero fear of enfeeble rods. freeze is not much of a problem as it is just a nuisance. I just played leapfrog with pairups until I was in range to kill the maids. Overall, it took me about 38 turns to clear the map.

Ah, makes sense.

Enfeeble does stack, that's exactly what the skill Inevitable End does. I've just beaten C27 again and put Siegbert in range of two Enfeebles, the game says he has -7 to all stats. One more Enfeeble and now he has -10 to all stats.

I would always use the dinner boosts, the tonics, potion skill(It adds +1 to all stats with a tonic), Defender and the Def+2 skills for the same thing. But...Inevitable End on Maids can't be dealt with in the final chapter since for some reason, you can't Silence them with the Silence Festal that you get in Ch25. Surprisingly, Soliel has a bad Defensive cap and finishing it with her brings less fear into trying out this mode.

You sure you're not thinking of Entrap? I'm 100% sure you can Silence the Maids, because I used that as an integral part of my own strat. Low base Hit makes getting it to land a bit sketchy for almost anyone who isn't Elise, though.

Ah, makes sense.

Enfeeble does stack, that's exactly what the skill Inevitable End does. I've just beaten C27 again and put Siegbert in range of two Enfeebles, the game says he has -7 to all stats. One more Enfeeble and now he has -10 to all stats.

This. Also adding that I've had units stacked down as far as -20.