Restarting Revelations on Lunatic (Dragons Stone Centric)

crazy_man

I originally started Revelations with the intent to shake things up a bit. Having Corrin and Kana rely almost exclusively on the Dragonstone (Levin Sword for certain situations). I also had Azura become a non-songtress, specifically a Great Lord. Also, unlike my Birthright/Conquest playthroughs, I wanted to use the DLC classes where appropriate. Finally this time around I wanna include Ike from the amiibo in this run.

I beat up to Chapter 20 and I feel like restarting, as so far it's been a mixed bag. I went +Mag and -Str with Cavalier secondary class for access to Aegis for Corrin. I wanted both Corrin and Kana to be a defensive user of the Dragonstone but while a bit bulky they weren't super tanky on the defensive side of things. I mostly leveled as Nohr Prince/cess+Noble to up their Res and Magic, only switching to Hoshido for their skills. I had great success with Azura who did amazing as a Great Lord and paired her with Arthur. Arthur really got RNG screwed (in skill and speed) as a Vanguard and I think I am just going to with him as a Hero this time because of having Ike around this run. Also I tried to use Selkie and Kiragi. While Selkie worked fine I felt I should have used Mitami (using Azama anyways) instead since I already used Selkie in my Birthright run. Kiragi I am using regardless since its the only marriable option for female Kana but I tried to go with a magic focus by having Takumi marry Orochi but his stats ended up being not worth it.

So I guess what I am asking here is for advice on changes to my run.

I want to change Corrin to a more offensive Dragonstone user, while Kana remain defensive. To fix speed and defensive concerns for Kana I was thinking going knight as a secondary class with access to Wary Fighter and Pavise could help. BTW Corrin is paired with Rhajat. She was a beast with her insane Magic stat with a +Magic Corrin. I had as a Witch but is it better to keep her as a Sorcerer? I had Hayato marry Nyx to access that class for her. Are their better options?

I want Kiragi to be a good support for Kana and her defensive build. What class and mother would best support that? BTW Orobo is not an option since I have her with Benny (worked well last time and love their support).

Azama worked great as a Great Master doing damage and healing while having decent defenses with self healing via Renewal last time thar I almost wanted to just drop Felicia as his wife. I mean yeah a second healer is nice but she's paper thin on her own. I've thought of maybe having Azama marry someone else and Felicia to have a support bot husband or just dropping her altogether. Any suggestions for either?

Class and skill suggestions for Mitami? She will be paired with Shigure.

Never used the Amiibo before for this game. When would be the best time to pick him up on Lunatic? What class would be best for him to pair with?

BTW I do not buy skills from battling people online as that easily breaks the game.

Edited by crazy_man

Doing those 2 things feel rather mutually exclusive. You can only reliably do one, and not the other.

Honestly, IMO, there's little reason to be using the Dragonstone offensively when you can just use tomes and scrolls like Horse Spirit and be a Dark Falcon, Sorcerer, or Witch, depending on gender.

Defensively, Kana is able to pull off the gimmick of being an HP recovery tank (best if you play female avatar for this since she can marry Rinkah!Ignatius). Doing this with a +DEF/-LCK avatar allows male Kana to have +10 DEF and +4 RES mods. Hoshido Noble is preferred since it has higher Luck and Defense stats than Nohr Noble does. If you want to go the extra mile, make the female avatar a Dragon talent and make Kana a Nohrian Trust build and have him S-rank Orochi!Caeldori. Male Kana, by having Ignatius as his dad, can naturally access the Knight class line via Heart Seal. The Dragon talent is to ensure that Caeldori can access the Wyvern Rider class line via Partner Seal.

Rinkah!Ignatius!(+DEF/-LCK) Kana @ Hoshido Noble with Dragonstone

Personal: Draconic Heir

Skills:

-Renewal

-Even Better

-Better Odds

-Nohrian Trust

-Swordbreaker, Tomebreaker, Veteran's Intuition, Wary Fighter, HP +5, or Good Fortune

Orochi!Caeldori @ Malig Knight

Skills:

-Pavise

-Aegis

-Miracle

-Sol

-Aether

Edited by Roflolxp54

Yeah, perhaps I'll just have Kana go with the Dragonstone (will chose another role/class for Avatar). Still want to keep Kana as female (but as a Hoshido noble) and married to Kiragi. Nohrian Trust with Aether sounds like a great idea (since only way to get Sol is by marrying someone else).

Yeah, perhaps I'll just have Kana go with the Dragonstone (will chose another role/class for Avatar). Still want to keep Kana as female (but as a Hoshido noble) and married to Kiragi. Nohrian Trust with Aether sounds like a great idea (since only way to get Sol is by marrying someone else).

Skill buying is a thing -- you just need to find a Kana of the same gender with that skill.