EVO 2016, Top 32 characters/results (Smash 4)

Jedi

003460e9cd3ed3c039a9c365ff8b7092.png

Figured people would be interested to see what characters did the best at this Years EVO.

This is out of 2600 players.

And heres the people who fell just short of top 32

719f86afd403d521dcfb49baf03d9edb.png

Edited by Jedi

Megaman's been getting hype here too because of Scatt, although then we learned of Kamemushi, instantly everyone started placing Megaman in the top 20's of their lists lmao.

Got some really great options and setups, its just not alot of people can do them super consistently yet aside from Kame.

Edited by Jedi

Kamemushi was hype. such a great megaman. I was hoping Zero would make the losers comeback though lol.

Also Good stuff Doom! you got far! I know PKL is happy about that! Puerto Rico!

Same thing happened with abadango and mewtwo, and ranai/villager.

Lol.

Yepper haha, and this time we even have 2 Mewtwos so it wasn't just a fluke like I think I saw some people say :P:

Going back to the topic of the Japanese players, the people on twitch were thinking of giving ZeRo the Japanese slayer if he would beat Kamemushi in losers finals since he already beat Komorikiri, KEN, Earth, AND Abadango. I was like "Really?"

But Evo was pretty great for my first time watching both day 1 and 2.

Didn't watch the events but I watched some clips from it and Kamemushi's Megaman is insane! I can't believe I haven't heard of him before.

Yeah he has some insane setups into the Megaupper (utilt), where its like surprisingly safe.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm glad Ally won Evo. First time a Canadian has won Smash at EVO, let alone anything at EVO.

I heard too that the schedule was pretty messed up: Pools started at 8am and didn't finish until 6pm, when the second round was supossed to start. The 2nd round went past midnight, only for the top 32 (or 64?) bracket to begin again at 8am the next day. I'm also considering most (if not all) players were running on very tired minds.

Still it was a blast to watch, and the quality of play was insane. Goes to show that even when tired these players can make incredible things happen (muscle memory and lots of training I suspect).

Edited by DaveCozy