Vestaria Saga - What systems is it for? Is someone translating it?

Hey guys, just saw the post on Vestaria Saga and wanted more details.

Mostly, what system is it going to be for, is there any news on translation, that kind of stuff.

You play on a PC, and it's a free download.

I assume SOMEONE will get a translation made eventually, but there isn't a full fledged team made out for it yet as far as I'm aware

You play on a PC, and it's a free download.

I assume SOMEONE will get a translation made eventually, but there isn't a full fledged team made out for it yet as far as I'm aware

Doesn't SRPG Maker not have roman letters, making it kind of hard to do an English patch?

Doesn't SRPG Maker not have roman letters, making it kind of hard to do an English patch?

Yes, but I know it's doable, as I've seen roman letters added to SRPG Maker games. The problem is weather or not the people who actually know Japanese and be willing to translate this are willing/able to add them

Considering people still haven't properly translated fe5, my hopes aren't particularly high.

But considering its very FE like. Playing it in Japanese won't be difficult probably.

How do the stats work in vestaria saga? Is it similar to modern FE games mechanically?

The game isn't out yet, so I doubt anyone knows. I assume Caps will probably be low because Kaga tends to like that, and some classes can't promote with a 20 level cap

How do the stats work in vestaria saga? Is it similar to modern FE games mechanically?

It's probably more akin to older FE's and Tearring Saga, as its Kaga doing it (The guy who made FE's 1 through 5). From what little I've seen of it seems to support this.

Considering people still haven't properly translated fe5, my hopes aren't particularly high.

But considering its very FE like. Playing it in Japanese won't be difficult probably.

You can add english letters easily if you can change fonts

Lots of the issue with fan translations is that You need both a translater and a hacker, which are radicaly different skill sets which require two very different kinds of people. (this is why the FE6 retranslation started up as soon as FEditer was fixed to work with FE6, eliminating most of the need for a hacker.) SRPG studio probably makes it really easy to edit text and menus, so you probably only need a translator. Another reason that the FE4-6 translations stayed so bad for so long was that no one with the skills nesesairy bothered to fix them, because they were "good enough" and fully untranslated games took priority. As such, an untranslated game is liable to take less time to translate than a badly translated one will to retranslate.

It'd be nice if we can get out ahead of this in terms of getting someone to translate it, but you're right, we also need a programmer (carefully avoiding the term "hacker" here) to make it work.

Will it run ok on US pc's, or will it need some kind of patch?

It'd be nice if we can get out ahead of this in terms of getting someone to translate it, but you're right, we also need a programmer (carefully avoiding the term "hacker" here) to make it work.

Will it run ok on US pc's, or will it need some kind of patch?

SRPG Studio games run on US PCs, so Vestaria should be fine