Alola Forms and Z-Moves in Pokemon

Alex95

Holy crud that Exeggutor!

Older Pokemon are getting a whole new makeover in the upcoming Sun and Moon games. So far, Vulpix and Sandshrew (as well as their respective evolutions) are getting Ice-type variants, called "Alola Forms", of themselves with perhaps more coming in later in the future! I think this is pretty cool! It's a sort of call-back to the Delta Species mechanic in the TCG, where a Pokemon is of a different type with different moves. This takes it to a new level, though, giving them a whole new look to boot! Awesome!

Then there are the Z-Moves, which are uber-powerful type-specifc moves a Pokemon can use. The coolest thing about this is that Tomy International is releasing a separate arm band to go with the game, which vibrates, lights up, and stuff once the Z-Move in-game is activated. Doesn't look like it's needed to actually play the game, but it's pretty cool!

Not feeling the new Pokemon, yet, myself. I don't know what it is, but I'm more excited to see what they do with the older Pokemon than seeing what new Pokemon they reveal. Perhaps I'm just a nostalgic person tongue.png

What Alola Forms do you want to see? Personally, I want to see an Electric- or Fire-Type Rhydon. It would be terrifying to see that coming at you, so I want to command it and strike fear into the hearts of my enemies!

This was being discussed in the main SuMo thread, but...

I will say I REALLY hope that the Alola forms aren't just for Kanto Pokémon, that would be stupid.

I do like the Vulpix and Ninetales ones, because foxes.

You are late to the party XD.

I will say I REALLY hope that the Alola forms aren't just for Kanto Pokémon, that would be stupid.

I do like the Vulpix and Ninetales ones, because foxes.

I would put my money that Bellossom will have something like that. I mean come on, if they gave a new form for the tropical tree, why not for the pokémon who is perfect for Alola?

Hell yeah Vulpix and Ninetales ^^.

Edited by Nym

>Ice/Steel Sandslash

>Ice/Steel

>Rodent

#COLDSTEELConfirmed

I feel like these Alola variants are a means to create new mons without having to think up more new mons. We don't know the specifics, but I expect they'll be treated as separate species like the Nidoran lines.

I am in love with Oricorio right now. Pokemon with sub-species were already pretty cool, but Oricorio just oozes personality. Cheerleading, hula dancing, flamenco dancing, and what I believe is japanese theater, I like it all! (Feel free to correct me if you think one of them is something different than what I put btw)

>Ice/Steel Sandslash

>Ice/Steel

>Rodent

#COLDSTEELConfirmed

I feel like these Alola variants are a means to create new mons without having to think up more new mons. We don't know the specifics, but I expect they'll be treated as separate species like the Nidoran lines.

Maybe you can move out of Alola and they'll revert to their normal forms?

You are late to the party XD.

I didn't see a thread specifically related to the Alola Forms, so that confused me a bit... sorry.

I'm hoping that Lapras gets one, maybe Water/Dragon with Marvel Scale?

That would be so cool!

>Ice/Steel Sandslash

>Ice/Steel

>Rodent

#COLDSTEELConfirmed

You mean this?

0ea.png

Joking aside, here's something I spoke on the other thread, that the new forms seems to have different movesets, different typings, different stats and different abilities.

Could they be considered new Pokemon, instead of new form?

Edited by Water Mage

Joking aside, here's something I spoke on the other thread, that the new forms seems to have different movesets, different typings, different stats and different abilities.

Could they be considered new Pokemon, instead of new form?

I think it's similar to Mega Evolution, but not quite to that extent. It's the same Pokemon, but it's appearance and attributes have changed due to the area's climate and new habitat... Yeah, it does sound like a whole new Pokemon, doesn't it?

I sure hope the stats are different because Sandslash's old stats are no good. Will he be the leading physical ice-type now? Not many to choose from there.

According to Alola Sandshrew's and Alola Sandslash's bio, they are slower than regular Sandshrew and regular Sandslash.