FE Fates Tier List

Alright, Tier Lists in Fire Emblem are always controversial, and pretty much every character in this game is good or useable in some way, but we all know some are better than others. So I would like to know who everyone thinks who are the best characters in Fates, and who are the worst<---Take this with a grain of salt with YOUR overall experience with them. Going in order of best on top, and worst on bottom. Take into account their available supports, growths, join time,weapons,bases, and classes.(Some characters join time and bases are different depending on what route you take, so if you thought they were bad on one route but good on another, place them where need be.) Also, try to keep Gen 1 and 2 in separate tier lists. Avatar doesn't count. I would also like to say this tier list is partly based on personal experience, just to warn you I played Fates on Lunatic Casual.

So here is my FE Fates Gen 1 Tier List:

High Tier:

Ryoma

Takumi

Azura

Camilla

Xander

Sakura

Hinoka

Elise

Mozu

Effie

Oboro

Keaton

Silas

Anna

Shura

Middle Tier:

Leo(Undecided)

Hayato

Saizo

Kagero

Azama

Charlotte

Setsuna

Scarlet

Beruka

Benny

Kaden

Niles

Peri

Kaze

Selena

Laslow

Jakob

Arthur

Hana

Odin

Felicia

Reina

Flora

Low Tier:

Hinata

Nyx

Subaki

Orochi

Rinkah

Yukimura

Izana

Fuga

Gunter

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gen 2:

High Tier:

Ophelia

Soleil

Shiro

Velouria

Sophie

Siegbert

Asugi

Kiragi

Middle Tier:

Shigure

Caeldori

Nina

Forrest

Percy

Hisame

Rhajat

Midori

Low Tier:

Mitama

Selkie

Kana

Ignatius

Dwyer

Edited by 1japanfan

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

top tier: my waifu

middle tier: everyone else

bottom tier: your waifu

no but seriously, what is this list? the mix of nohrian units and hoshidan units means it can only be applicable to rev, but there's a lot of insane positions. how the actual fuck is takumi 2nd best unit in the game, above jakob azura camilla and xander? how is revelations effie in high tier, let alone higher than benny? what is peri doing in high, ever? what the hell are rinkah and reina doing at the bottom? i honestly cannot think of any intended use for this list; it's clearly not for ltc (takumi get out), but it's obviously not for ease of use either since effie is ranked highly, for rev, at all.

i guess to be on-topic here's a conquest tier list i made ages ago, mainly meant for ease of getting through lunatic no-kids:

5xBVGYg.png

pretend elise is in A, i was dumb back when

Edited by DoesntKnowHowToPlay

CQ, Lunatic only because considering the highest game mode is a good plan. Strict rankings are about impossible for casual play variants as general viability falls on its neck at ch17 and just dies at ch23. It's all about silver bullets. Ranking based on general goodness at a specific role.

Utility and support:

Niles + Nina + Captured Slaves

Azura and the Shelterbots

Housecleaning services ft Izana

Main Combat Unit: Throw them at problems and they go away.

Ophelia

Soliel

Odin

The Dracozerk Alliance

Silias

Corin

Dwyer

Laslow

Xander

Leo+Forrest

Bottomless canyon

Benny

Effie

Mobile Attacker: High mobility units that hit hard, will generally be required to EP as well but not to the extent of MCU's

Elise

Silias

The Bowknight/Kinshi alliance

Dwyer

Corin

The Dracozerk Alliance

Xander

Dragonskin/Warry fighter slayer: Damage hose go

The Dracozerk Alliance

Ophelia

Soliel

Crescent bow

Why are you using anything else. Please stop.

Corin (The yato isn't named "brave axe")

Pairup Bots: Does what it says on the box

Corin

Housecleaning+Gunther (Corin only)

Harlot

Nyx

Kaze

Keaton+Veloria

Effie

Benny

Thwomp: Thwomp

Nosferatu

Silias in VoF

Xander

Dracozerk alliance

Corin

Bottomless Canyon

Benny

Effie

---------------------------------------------------------

Midori is off being fly like paper high like plane, Kana is such utter shit.

---------------------------------------------------------

Fuck it, Br/Rev viability because wynaut

Everything you'll ever need: Nice traditionaly viability

Corin

Jakob+Dwyer

Silias+Sophie

(Camilia@ frens, rev only)

Ryoma

(Scarlet, Br only)

Mozu

(Xander, rev only)

Kaze + Rinkah (early join status)

Hinoka (Br only)

Bottomless canyon

Who the fuck are these nerds. Meh guess I'll use em.

Takawhomi?

Edited by joshcja

This topic is going about as well as I expected it to go when I first saw it posted. TC, when you post a Fates Tier List, it needs to be route specific. The way you have things laid out make it seem like you're taking each route into account, which makes absolutely no sense, as each Route in Fates is a completely different game. Birthright Hayato is almost always going to be placed in the Low Tier, while Rev Hayato is great and should almost always be in the Upper Mid-High. Conquest and Rev Effie are 2 completely different characters ect.

I know you mean well with this list, but separating them by route is pretty key.

Edited by Avalanche

she's only really good if you don't leave her in villager and aren't doing super hardcore ltc

archer has quick draw which is one of the best skills in the game (+4 attack) and promotes to kinshi, arguably the best class in the game

having a kinshi at all saves you a ton of grief in conquest against the late-game flier hordes, since bow effectiveness applies to dual strikes so your wyverns can dogfight alongside her

in rev you have more options but she's still really good due to being fairly easy to train due to early join, flight helping a lot on the big outdoor valla maps, less competition for heart seals, and illusory yumi access

by contrast villager offers....off-brand oboro with greater start-up time and a worse skillset

in br it really doesn't matter if you use her because it's ryoma emblem and her name isn't ryoma

This topic is going about as well as I expected it to go when I first saw it posted. TC, when you post a Fates Tier List, it needs to be route specific. The way you have things laid out make it seem like you're taking each route into account, which makes absolutely no sense, as each Route in Fates is a completely different game. Birthright Hayato is almost always going to be placed in the Low Tier, while Rev Hayato is great and should almost always be in the Upper Mid-High. Conquest and Rev Effie are 2 completely different characters ect.

I know you mean well with this list, but separating them by route is pretty key.

I tried to average the two on well they faired on their routes. Maybe it isn't the best way now that I think about it, but Hayato is considerably better on Rev that is why he is placed so highly. Edited by 1japanfan

top tier: my waifu

middle tier: everyone else

bottom tier: your waifu

no but seriously, what is this list? the mix of nohrian units and hoshidan units means it can only be applicable to rev, but there's a lot of insane positions. how the actual fuck is takumi 2nd best unit in the game, above jakob azura camilla and xander? how is revelations effie in high tier, let alone higher than benny? what is peri doing in high, ever? what the hell are rinkah and reina doing at the bottom? i honestly cannot think of any intended use for this list; it's clearly not for ltc (takumi get out), but it's obviously not for ease of use either since effie is ranked highly, for rev, at all.

i guess to be on-topic here's a conquest tier list i made ages ago, mainly meant for ease of getting through lunatic no-kids:

5xBVGYg.png

pretend elise is in A, i was dumb back whenM

Remember, try to be as civil as possible when discussing topics such as this. But, really?! You don't think Takumi is high tier. Go look at his growths, personal, and the Fujiin Yumi. Also about Effie. I tried to average how useful she was in both routes. Since she is so AMAZING in Conquest and only a little worse than Benny in Rev. Her personal is also really good as Benny's is...meh. Also Rinkah is infamous for being horrible on both routes she joins in. Reina is also extremely low because of her limited supports, being outclassed by every other potential Kinshi Knight. Peri, I shouldn't have put that high I don't know what I was thinking. Maybe it was because her personal is so good. Edited by 1japanfan

Basically no one thinks Takumi is high tier. Although yes he is excellent on the player phase, most enemy combat generally takes place during the enemy phase, in which he is completely useless. It's important for units to be able to fight during the enemy phase too. So Takumi would be mid tier at the very best.

Basically no one thinks Takumi is high tier. Although yes he is excellent on the player phase, most enemy combat generally takes place during the enemy phase, in which he is completely useless. It's important for units to be able to fight during the enemy phase too. So Takumi would be mid tier at the very best.

Wow. Really!? sorry, but I don't think that is true, like at all. I pretty sure most people consider Takumi mid high tier. I think the point of archers is to make them so useful, that it makes up for them not being able to attack some enemies during enemy phase.Plus, point blank. But saying Takumi is worse than Leo is just wrong.

Well, I don't understand the point of this thread. You need to explain the reasoning before you do any of this first or else it becomes a rather reactionary thread like this with absolutely nothing gained.

Also Takumi can be pretty broken considering Point Blank became a skill that puts him in a lot of people's top tier pretty much. He just has low res and a bit of a slow start in speed.

Edit: For an example, Hinata in all his two routes (but especially more in Rev because in BR they are much more neck to neck) is better than Hana because you need to assume Hana has gotten pretty good stat gains in her level ups and you need to spread the exp evenly across all your units. Hana has a better late-game than Hinata but Hinata requires less effort than Hana to be a solid unit for a good majority of the game.

Edited by Raguna

Well if we're talking about point-blank Takumi then why is Mozu not better? She outclasses Takumi pretty hard when you give her point-blank and paragon

DLC really shoudn't be involved in any tiering discussion though because once you open those floodgates the games become kinda trivial as you have things like paragon Arthur and any dread fighter

Well if we're talking about point-blank Takumi then why is Mozu not better? She outclasses Takumi pretty hard when you give her point-blank and paragon

DLC really shoudn't be involved in any tiering discussion though because once you open those floodgates the games become kinda trivial as you have things like paragon Arthur and any dread fighter

I can see your point, but in that specific example I should have mentioned that DLC should be excluded from tier systems. I'm just saying that there are some things that can improve archers and Takumi has the Fujin Yumi which lets him ignore terrain effects. Training Mozu is still a pain so I don't know if she outclasses him when in the situation that Takumi has paragon and point blank himself, he should still be better but this specific example shouldn't be discussed since it doesn't help the overall tiering system due to being DLC as we mentioned.

I stand by more on my point on this thread being more reactionary and state my Hinata and Hana example again from my last post.

Also Takumi can be pretty broken considering Point Blank became a skill that puts him in a lot of people's top tier pretty much. He just has low res and a bit of a slow start in speed

I'm about to commit blasphemy and shit talk a royal here so avert your eye's if you're in love with pineapples.

Takumi's personal bases are straight up worse than CQ Odin's despite joining 6 levels higher.

Archer just has the 3rd highest 1st tier class bases in the game behind nhor princess and fighter (It may tie with kitsune/wolfman, I forget). While Dark mage has the 2nd lowest, slightly above fucking villager. This becomes pretty painful on promotion because while sorc has gr8mazng bases, Kinshi has some of the worst bases in T2 and while Sniper keeps the gr8mazing bases it fails to do the one job bows are used for in Birthroute/Rev.

His growth spread is also, Odin, with 5-15% weaker growths in every single benchmark stat in final growths, this in of itself is not a big deal because Odin has hidden fucking aptitude and outgrows everyone but Mozu. However that growth spread, while amazing for a nostank in a class with naturally high res, is utter ass for a sniper (Read, no vantage, no nos, 1-2 range that dies to unpromoted mages in ch 22 lol)

Fujin Yumi is a great weapon though, I love free +1 iron weapons with garbage adds (guess what else ignores terrain, flying the fuck over it)

He is not a "thuper broken 1-2 tank" He's a freebie bow that is significantly worse than the games Est, Jagen and Nyx units despite his early join (Mozu, Reina and Setsuna) making him bar none the worst maingame bow unit in fates.

Edit His kid is pretty great though.

Edited by joshcja

Yep, this thread REALLY is going about as well as I thought it would...

Real Talk, this Thread has some good (if dated) insight into the Tiering process. It's not entirely up to date, but I think it's a start if you want to formulate a more accurate, Route based list of your own TC.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=59724

Why is Rinkah always so low on these? I assume it's because people see that she can use axes(clubs) then just think that she's supposed to deal out a lot of damage even though she's always had higher defense than strength

That's the common complaint but people just don't seem to know what they want from their early axe.

Arthur catches a lot of shit despite being a full on damage hose.

Edited by joshcja

I'm about to commit blasphemy and shit talk a royal here so avert your eye's if you're in love with pineapples.

Takumi's personal bases are straight up worse than CQ Odin's despite joining 6 levels higher

Odin.

Lv 5

22 HP

5 STR

8 MAG

10 SKL

7 SPD

9 LCK

6 DEF

7 RES

5 Mov.

Takumi

Lv 11

26 HP

13 STR

0 MAG

17 SKL

11 SPD

13 LCK

10 DEF

4 RES

5 MOV

????

@joshcja what do you mean by hidden aptitude?

The sum of most characters' natural stat growths is somewhere in between 250 and 300 points. Odin however gets a nice little bonus and totals at 330, I believe. It's not quite as much as Mozu with Aptitude (370), but definitely still at the top of the spectrum.

@joshcja what do you mean by hidden aptitude?

His combined personal growths are in the games high growth group of Mozu, Odin, and Saizo. In their mainstay classes of Kinshi/Sorc/Master ninja they're close enough in their combined growths that it's kind of disgusting, with Mozu edging out a slight lead in sniper.

Also what the other guy said.

(Mozu hits 360 base btw, and Saizo arbitrarily hits 335 base)

Edit: I was comparing personal bases (bases-class adds) slightly exaggerated on the "lower than odin at his join" but nonetheless

level 11 odin will have on average (personal)

9 hp/7 str/5 mag/10 skill/6-7 speed/11 luck/6 def/4-5 res

Vs

level 11 takumi (personal)

9hp/8 str/0 mag/10 skill/6 speed/11 luck/6def/3 res

Takumi comes on or slightly below par with the worst base stat units in the game (mozu and odin) at his join time (and yes odin easily hits 10-11 with nos facediving by ch10 cq) and has point for point lower growths than both of them even with class mods, along with less overall snowballing potential. Words cannot describe how hard carried he is by archer bases and quick draw, which run dry the moment he's forced to chose 6 move "fuck jakob/Silias wait up" or "wow, how did all of my stats go down on promotion". His snazzy +1 iron bow also looks pretty crappy when it's pointed at promoted enemies. He's certainly not an "OP tank with point blank". He's an average sniper with growths and bases ill suited to kinshi, which actually holds him back because he's not named Ryoma.

@ Dark, you do realize that skill and most definitely luck is what inflates the shit out of royal stats right? Shoutouts to Xanders personals which are just a 60% luck growth slapped onto Rev Silias's personals. Royals in general just tend to only have one or the other rather than both which actually sucks hard balls when enemies have avoid/crit. Even the lowest growth units will have some solid mag/str/hp/speed/def/res growths, maybe not all of them but they'll have em. The drawback is they they're blind as fuck because skill actually matters, not so much luck unless you're an EP tank but it's pretty vital there because low% crit stacks up. So scratch that luck is a good stat.

Edited by joshcja