Fire Emblem if (파이어 엠블렘 if)'s teaser page is up

Great Merchant

It is about a month from official release of Fire Emblem if in South Korea. So, Nintendo of Korea just created a teaser page for Korean gamers. I think more information will be uploaded with Korean localizations. I will try to keep a track of NoK's information till the release.

http://www.nintendo.co.kr/3DS/software/bfwj/index.html

There are not much information, but one piece of information is very disappointing to gamers: the game is based on North American version, which obviously only has English voice.

Koreans do not like North American version for three reasons:

1. Many don't like to listen English voice in JRPGs.

2. They are well aware of NoA's censorship.

3. NoK usually release Japanese versions with Korean subtitles for JRPGs, but suddenly NoK decides to release North American version.

Anyway, I will also try to show how Korean gamers generally react to Korean localizations on FE if.

Thanks for the updates!

Huh, that's strange how they're releasing the North American version. I guess they didn't have the budget to translate 3 games into Korean?

Although NoK has difficult time financially right now, translation is no problem since it does not really take that much of budget. On the other hand, licencing takes a lot of budget for Nintendo Company. If the company wants to use VAs voices oversea, the company has pay extra to these VAs unless they are contracted in the beginning. Considering the reputation of these VAs, it may be cheaper to hire VAs for localzations, which NoA did. However, I do not think Japanese VAs are contracted to use their voice in S.Korea, and NoK does not have enough budget to hire Korean VAs, so the conclusion is North American version.

Do you think Renka's licensing outside of Japan for Hitori Omou has something to do with it?

That I do not know for certain. Like NoA, NoK is not exactly open with its information. There are a lot of speculations, but people generally agree that Nintendo Company does not want to spend too much money on the franchise because they are not sure how well this game will sell.

Edited by Great Merchant