Should Felicia have a better character development in Birthright ?

WinterOkami

I mean to be honest I feel like she deserves this for what Garon had made her twin sister suffer through. Vengeance isn't a problem in Fates since there are characters who were seeking revenge {Saizo, Shura, Scarlet,Oboro} and Corrin was cool with it so why didn't they have an epic scene when where you face off against Garon in the last chapter she miraculously awakens some op freezing powers or at least give her some quotes when she faces Garon.

Most likely because this is a royal only gig as long as the plots concerned. At least Felicia and all of the Corrin subordinates get more plot prominence than the retainers of any of the other royals so she does have something. Also she didn't make much of a fuss when they ordered the attack on the ice clan in the first place so she didn't seem that torn up about it.

Which retrospect makes Flora a more believable character in my opinion anyway.

In Fates, if you aren't a male royal then the chances of you getting screen time is shafted unless you're female corrin or azura so I'm not surprised that Felicia got a small amount of screen time after her sister's death.

As much as I like Felicia her character needed more development in general and it annoys me that she wasn't developed when there are already things in place that could be expanded on. There's no explanation as to why she is so devoted to Corrin to the point that she will go against her own clan? We don't get any explanation as to why she was kept in the dark about her situation and why she doesn't know in the first place?

Instead of making her a more rounded character, IS decided to make her trope the most prominent thing about her by making a majority of her supports focus on her gimmick. Even the goddamn Corrin supports mention it, though I do give this a pass since it serves as a "support starter" rather than the main focal point.

To sum up, Felicia has the potential to be an interesting character but it is squandered in favour for bs a common theme in Fates.

It's true but we could say that it is because Corrin has always been nice to her not treating her like a maid more like a friend. Corrin also cheered her up in tough times when she doubted her abilities so it would explain that.

She is technically Corrin's retainer so it would have been a lot more interesting to see her have more screentime

Moreover she was able to handle Saizo in their support conversations and easily block Peri's hits in their A-Support.

If she is capable of beating the retainers of heir princes why can't she be an op physical character ?

It's true but we could say that it is because Corrin has always been nice to her not treating her like a maid more like a friend. Corrin also cheered her up in tough times when she doubted her abilities so it would explain that.

She is technically Corrin's retainer so it would have been a lot more interesting to see her have more screentime

Moreover she was able to handle Saizo in their support conversations and easily block Peri's hits in their A-Support.

If she is capable of beating the retainers of heir princes why can't she be an op physical character ?

Because Jakob covers that physical servant niche while Felicia heals and early on Kamui is pretty much the only person you'll ever really use to take care of baddies while Felicia gains staff exp or killing the remaining weakened foes. Also he treated Flora the same way and everyone else for that matter so it's a slightly moot point but protecting ones clan over the lord especially when the only link is a short spanned friendship doesn't really give Felicia much empathy when she decides to stay with Corn boy.

Flora also has better growths to be a front line fighter than Felicia so I'm guessing some story and gameplay segregation happened here when they mentioned Felicia was the better frontline fighter unless I'm missing something.

Edited by Raguna