Master of Arms Effie

Shikinoyume

So lately Ive been doing some really odd stuff in Fates, like my AMAZING! Sword master Takumi

And i noticed that Effie can A+ support with Hana who gives her Samurai tree....

And now I'm wondering, how well would Effie do as a Master of Arms from a Hana A+?

I feel like it would b super powerful and absolutely DOMINATE the WT

I used a MoA Effie in a Revelations PMU. She's decent, but in the class she doesn't have enough Speed to allow her to double or enough Defense to allow her to tank. Her Strength isn't high enough to one-shot either. Her only benefit for me was that I got her Luna before reclassing. That was the only thing that allowed her to one-shot.

I used a MoA Effie in a Revelations PMU. She's decent, but in the class she doesn't have enough Speed to allow her to double or enough Defense to allow her to tank. Her Strength isn't high enough to one-shot either. Her only benefit for me was that I got her Luna before reclassing. That was the only thing that allowed her to one-shot.

Well that's disappointing... Alternatively I was gonna have her marry Xender so she could get paladin because I feel like she would be amazing in it.

(Because she can't A+ peri and I give no fucks about Xander's son....)

(I never use Lobster or Xander Cullen in any version, any play through...)

Edited by Shikinoyume

Why would you need to oneshot to be useful? She's got enough Str to 2HKO (which is a 1RKO, if she doubles), so...

Her speed base is absolute trash so she never doubles.

^^^^^^^

She also doesn't have enough Defense to last against more than 2-3 enemies that all double her.

She basically needs to oneshot or proc Luna (Or Astra, if you dip into SM) to really do much.

She was pretty good using the Swordslayer. Not one-shotting, but she did do considerably higher damage.

I had Vantage->Luna proc save my ass more than once. I overestimated her for a while.

Edited by TrueEm

^^^^^^^

She also doesn't have enough Defense to last against more than 2-3 enemies that all double her.

She basically needs to oneshot to be useful. Or proc Luna (Or Astra, if you dip into SM)

I had Vantage->Luna proc save my ass more than once. I overestimated her for a while.

#TrueconfessionsofanEffieuser

Doesn't she already have base access to Great Knight? That'd fit her stats better, increase her mobility further, and it'd preserve her main weapon's rank cap while still having access to the full weapon triangle.

MoA would give her Seal Strength, which is a pretty amazing skill for a tanky, slow unit but she simply doesn't have the SPD to make MoA work. It's better to just splash into it for the Seal and then reclass immediately back to either GK or Wyvern Lord

Edited by Soapbar

Doesn't she already have base access to Great Knight? That'd fit her stats better, increase her mobility further, and it'd preserve her main weapon's rank cap while still having access to the full weapon triangle.

It was hypothetical. But I agree, Great Knight is a much better class for her.

MoA would give her Seal Strength, which is a pretty amazing skill for a tanky, slow unit but she simply doesn't have the SPD to make MoA work. It's better to just splash into it for the Seal and then reclass immediately back to either GK or Wyvern Lord

Vantage could be interesting to dip into it for too. SM for Astra as well, just for more offensive output, but Luna may be enough.

Edited by TrueEm

The sole advantage I can think of for MoA is that it doesn't count as Armored. I don't know how often you're going to be running into Armorslayers and Hammers to have that be a meaningful edge over Great Knight's movement advantage. In PvP it might be trivial for someone to pack one of those, but Effie in a tanky role is not really an appropriate PvP option to begin with so if you're running her at all you're doing it for her Strength and Puissance and not durability and there are probably much better classes to look at.

Well since MoA is out of the question...

Yeh I think I'm going to marry Effie off to Mr.Xander Cullen for a paladin Effie~

Seems like a good idea to me since I don't care about the Prince's or their sons...

Edited by Shikinoyume

Well since MoA is out of the question...

Yeh I think I'm going to marry Effie off to Mr.Xander Cullen for a paladin Effie~

Seems like a good idea to me since I don't care about the Prince's or their sons...

That only gives Effie Defender and Aegis, which aren't something Effie really needs. Shelter and Elbow Room as well. What other options do you have?

Edited by TrueEm

That only gives Effie Defender and Aegis, which aren't something Effie really needs. Shelter and Elbow Room as well. What other options do you have?

Im petty set on skills for her actually from playing through conqest 2 times, I just like think she would do well as a Pally

These are her growths as a Cavalier:

45 - 75 - 0 - 45 - 60 - 65 - 45 - 35

These are her growths as a Paladin:

45 - 75 - 0 - 45 - 60 - 65 - 45 - 40

It could be interesting. However, like we already said, she won't be doubling any time soon even with a 60% Speed growths.

She's have a little more Res and Speed than normal, plus more movement.

She doesn't have access to the Wyvern Rider line without marrying the Avatar unfortunately.

Here's some other Lance using options, since this is Revelations:

Basara (S-Support Hayato):

55 - 70 - 10 - 45 - 60 - 65 - 40 - 40

Kinshi (A+-Support Mozu)

35 - 65 - 0 - 50 - 65 - 65 - 35 - 45

Kinshi sounds horrible for her, but Basara could work. She still isn't gonna be able to double by any means, but some more options don't hurt.

Anyways, it's up to you.

Edited by TrueEm

Why do people think Effie is slow? Comparably she has one of the higher base speeds at a 50% growth rate. Sure her base class access as a knight only leaves her at a 55% growth rate but that is still better then say Xander as a paladin at 45% and is only 5 points behind Nyx as a dark mage. And if you make her friends with Mozu she can have 65% in the archer line, or 70% from Hana in the samurai line (I generally let her be a Swordmaster)

Why do people think Effie is slow? Comparably she has one of the higher base speeds at a 50% growth rate. Sure her base class access as a knight only leaves her at a 55% growth rate but that is still better then say Xander as a paladin at 45% and is only 5 points behind Nyx as a dark mage. And if you make her friends with Mozu she can have 65% in the archer line, or 70% from Hana in the samurai line (I generally let her be a Swordmaster)

Her base speed is so low that it never gets high enough to be good. Maybe if you immediately make her a Myrm/SM it'd be good, but switching to it anytime after promoting will result in her getting consistently doubled.

Her base speed is acceptable in Conquest because she has all the availability in the world to get out of it. In Revelation, having like 5 base speed in C14 is absolutely no bueno when enemies promote en masse in like 3 chapters

Her base speed is acceptable in Conquest because she has all the availability in the world to get out of it. In Revelation, having like 5 base speed in C14 is absolutely no bueno when enemies promote en masse in like 3 chapters

And we're talking about Revelations indeed. You know, since this started as MoA Effie (A+ - Hana) debate.