Hard mode

Florete

Even though I didn't particularly like this game, I decided to do a hard mode run of it. I planned out my team beforehand, supports and all. Then I saw a tier list and noticed that a little more than half my pre-chosen team were all at the top. In fact, the top 6 or 7 people were already in my planned team. The lowest person on the list that's in my planned team is Klein, and he's still in upper middle.

Amazing how you can not care about tier lists yet still plan a team consisting of the top guys...

Try to avoid going to Sacae. All those speedy nomads are a pain.

I planned for that. Luckily, on my first run, I took the routes that I don't want to take this time, so I'll be getting something new out of this. I'm using Tate, and no Sue or Shin. I'm also using Gonzales and Echidna, so I'll be getting the better route for everyone.

Are you playing this game for ranks?

Also, a little note of advice when you get to Chpt. 21: When you confront Murdock, BEAT HIM ASAP! Even with the legendary weapons and/or the Armorslayer he will withstand it. His Tomahawk will finish off your mage in like one or two hits.

Yeah, Bors is pretty craptastic on hard mode. I tried leveling him because I wanted someone who could take hits without having to rely on avoid, but he just didn't cut it no matter how hard I tried. Just about everyone ripped through him like tinfoil.

As far as being a tier lackey if you go HM, it doesn't hurt that with the general set up of the early chapters and the gap between good and bad characters, the game nearly outlines who you're supposed to use anyway. I personally think that's a bit. . . disgusting, for an SRPG with a huge cast(the second largest of any FE, IIRC, and the largest before FE10) to be essentially limited, even if it is only in HM, but hey.

But honestly, Bors does pretty well after chapter 1 - Not well enough to use, but he's great in 3(though it's probably one of the easier of the first 10 chapters, if not the easiest) and usable in 2, 4, and 5. 6 is a nice option as well. What kills him is that by chapter 3, he's ruined by disuse.

Funny though how when you take out some fighters and throw in some mercs in chapter 1, his rating on the tier list raises.

Alan blows Lance out of the water. They're pretty much tied in terms of stats, but Alan has 12 strength, double Lance's 6.

And Rutger only came with 8 strength, not 9 as stated on the site.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

That's not unusual. Hard mode bonuses are determined randomly, just like regular level-ups. You just got a little unlucky.

You can restart over and over again to make a small change to some enemy stats. I remember that on a first attempt on chapter 18, Monke had base 25 or 26 speed and when I restarted the chapter (Shin died from 2 10% crits in a row) his speed was dropped down to 23, making it possible for Miledy to double him which would've helped if Miledy had maxed speed at that point.

Alan blows Lance out of the water. They're pretty much tied in terms of stats, but Alan has 12 strength, double Lance's 6.

Some Hard Mode bonuses can get very random. For examaple, sometimes Miledy may have 16 strength, sometimes it can be 17, but I've seen as low as 14. The other stats are very random for her as well. About only Fir and Garret had consistant Hard Mode stats for me. (my Gonzales had 43 HP once!)

Oh don't worry, he will be godly, just don't be too surprised if he's got like 1 or 2 less points in one or 2 of his stats. If he does come that way, restart the chapter and hope for something better. The stats listed on the site are definitely the most common though.

Edited by ThunderMan

I never played FE6 hardmode.

I like the amount of characters you can choose from, but the game just feels bland mellow.gif

I can't bring myself to beat chapter 9. That's how bland it is. It's just way too boring. I'd never do a hard mode PT.

I can't bring myself to beat chapter 9. That's how bland it is. It's just way too boring. I'd never do a hard mode PT.

Is there something that interested me that others didn't? Maybe it's my love of the Elibe Fire Emblems that kept me going. Whatever, my only complaint about the game is that I can't find a translation for what the people say in the villages.

Is there something that interested me that others didn't? Maybe it's my love of the Elibe Fire Emblems that kept me going. Whatever, my only complaint about the game is that I can't find a translation for what the people say in the villages.

Lol, I found the translation here, and it has everything in english...