"Pokeomn Glitch Exibition" posted on the LP archive

sirmola

For those of you who are not already aware, the Let's play archive is a wesite that stores copeis of LPs (both screenshot and vidio) completed on the something awful forums. It can be found here: http://lparchive.org/

I was checking over the recent updates recently, and I noted that Ephraim225 completed. an LP devoted to breaking pokemon blue (and to a lesser extent all pokemon games in gens 1-3) without cheating or save corruption. Its a really interesting read, and can be found here: http://lparchive.org/Pokemon-Glitch-Exhibition/ It's really fun watching all these pokemon games get so thoroughly destroyed. What does everyone else think about this?

Edited by sirmola

Is this the one where the player used arbitrary code execution to fake the infamous "Mew under the truck" thing?

Not gonna lie, that was pretty impressive.

Nope.that was a vidio from AGDQ with the same title. This lp does create Pikablue, though (by abusing a glitch that can give arbitrary pokemon arbitrary color palates.) It also does things like delete the NPC who blocks cerulean cave.

Edited by sirmola

I didn't like how much of a bitch he got later on. "What, you thought Pokémon was about having fun? Pffft, it was never about fun." "It doesn't even have to be an exclusive Pokémon, either, they could distribute a Pokémon with a move, ability or color it couldn't normally get, which by the way, is technically a hack."

I didn't like how much of a bitch he got later on. "What, you thought Pokémon was about having fun? Pffft, it was never about fun." "It doesn't even have to be an exclusive Pokémon, either, they could distribute a Pokémon with a move, ability or color it couldn't normally get, which by the way, is technically a hack."

I have to admit that i didn't like all the salt very much either, but it was worth reading for all the glitches.

I have to admit that i didn't like all the salt very much either, but it was worth reading for all the glitches.

Yeah. The glitches are neat, plus the information on why it happens is interesting, but it kinda got soured a little bit at the end.

Yeah. The glitches are neat, plus the information on why it happens is interesting, but it kinda got soured a little bit at the end.

I have to agree with you there also.