Good maid/butler candidate?

Alastor15243

So, I adore the maid and butler classes. I think they're awesome, and looking at their growth rates, there's nothing really wrong with the class statistically...

...it's just that it seems that all of the actual default maids and butlers have really lame growth rates, and Jakob and Felicia also suffer from having the base stats of a tier 1 class without ever actually getting to promote, so they never get promotion gains, making them even worse. Also, Dwyer's base growth rates are a bit mediocre and I've never managed to make him turn out great as anything but a support unit and aura bot either.

It seems that every single butler or maid I've ever gotten, with the exception of Felicia with a flame shuriken, can't actually fight worth a damn, which is a shame, because as I said, the growth rates of the class don't really indicate that this has to be the case.

So I'm looking for some advice: Does anyone know of any character (who for personal reasons can't be a royal, I don't like reclassing royalty into servants, it seems kinda... sick) who makes a really good combat butler or maid when reclassed? Or does anyone know of a way to make a really good Dwyer outside of having Mozu be his mother?

For Dwyer, Sakura gives him arguably the best combination of Strength and Magic Growth Rates as a Butler (47.5% Str and 50% Mag), while also giving him Positive Modifiers in both stats.

Well, in my opinion the best canditates for butler/maid are Saizo, Camilla and Hayato.

Their balaced growths fits the class.

And do remember than Jakob, Felicia and Flora are pre-promotes, which is why their growths are very impressive.

Edited by Water Mage

So, I adore the maid and butler classes. I think they're awesome, and looking at their growth rates, there's nothing really wrong with the class statistically...

...it's just that it seems that all of the actual default maids and butlers have really lame growth rates, and Jakob and Felicia also suffer from having the base stats of a tier 1 class without ever actually getting to promote, so they never get promotion gains, making them even worse. Also, Dwyer's base growth rates are a bit mediocre and I've never managed to make him turn out great as anything but a support unit and aura bot either.

It seems that every single butler or maid I've ever gotten, with the exception of Felicia with a flame shuriken, can't actually fight worth a damn, which is a shame, because as I said, the growth rates of the class don't really indicate that this has to be the case.

So I'm looking for some advice: Does anyone know of any character (who for personal reasons can't be a royal, I don't like reclassing royalty into servants, it seems kinda... sick) who makes a really good combat butler or maid when reclassed? Or does anyone know of a way to make a really good Dwyer outside of having Mozu be his mother?

Jakob splashed for level 15 skills

Flora splashed for level 15 skills with a robe

Dwyer inheriting level 15 skills

Using the servants is hard yo

Edited by joshcja

Well, in my opinion the best canditates for butler/maid are Saizo, Camilla and Hayato.

Their balaced growths fits the class.

And do remember than Jakob, Felicia and Flora are pre-promotes, which is why their growths are very impressive.

I'm assuming that was supposed to say "aren't very impressive".

Honestly that's no excuse since you get them from the beginning of the game, and their bases are no more powerful than any other units of that level, and they need just as much training as any other unit. Promotion gains REALLY should have been considered when determining their base stats. Actually, honestly, a flat 5-10% increase in all of Jakob and Felicia's growths would make them much more viable.

Jakob splashed for level 15 skills

Flora splashed for level 15 skills with a robe

Dwyer inheriting level 15 skills

Using the servants is hard yo

I'm well aware of that trick, I use it to get inspiration in my party very early on, but it doesn't make them combat-viable in the late game.

Edited by Alastor15243

I'm assuming that was supposed to say "aren't very impressive".

Yeah, I typed wrong by accident.

Honestly that's no excuse since you get them from the beginning of the game, and their bases are no more powerful than any other units of that level, and they need just as much training as any other unit. Promotion gains REALLY should have been considered when determining their base stats. Actually, honestly, a flat 5-10% increase in all of Jakob and Felicia's stats would make them much more viable.

I'm well aware of that trick, I use it to get inspiration in my party very early on, but it doesn't make them combat-viable in the late game.

To be fair, they are suports units, and shouldn't actually be seeing heavy combat.

Their job is to heal and lower enemies's stats, a job those 4 do very well.

It really does if you use it on combat skills instead of support skills. I mean they're never going to be thuper EP monsters in the late game because Maid/Butler have terrible combat stats and cap out at B shurikens but they're perfectly functional.

Edit: They're pretty good at killing mages even lategame uninvested, that's pretty combat viable in my book.

Edited by joshcja

If you're grinding, then children are usually better than parents. I almost never use Dwyer as a Butler since I reclass him to a Dread Fighter with Kagero as a mother, but a Sakura!Dwyer sounds good to me.

Also, Felicia with a flaming shuriken is pretty good. 44 maxed Speed means she'll double a lot, you could go for Life and Death + Aggressor + Shuriken Faire + Spendthrift for a +32 damage. This means she'll get damages in the 60/70s quite often. That's just a fun build though, since Life and Death makes her oneshottable by anything.

If you're grinding, then children are usually better than parents. I almost never use Dwyer as a Butler since I reclass him to a Dread Fighter with Kagero as a mother, but a Sakura!Dwyer sounds good to me.

Also, Felicia with a flaming shuriken is pretty good. 44 maxed Speed means she'll double a lot, you could go for Life and Death + Aggressor + Shuriken Faire + Spendthrift for a +32 damage. This means she'll get damages in the 60/70s quite often. That's just a fun build though, since Life and Death makes her oneshottable by anything.

I've played apotheosis one too many times. I don't think I'll ever be interested in excessive grinding in a fire emblem game again. But thanks for the advice.