Eldigan isn't a bad Camus

Rinehart

The kind of friend that invades your country, slaughter most of your countrymen, and you want to betray your country to support your friendly friend?

In that case, you can't stop people from calling you by many nasty things or treating you like dirt.

A soldier, a brave man will never do that, he will fight until the end against that friend, even if it costs his life.

That's a very realistic one, it happened so many times in the past in our real world.

I think it's more that you see Eldigan being pushed around in rather nasty ways, you can possibly have his sister talk to him and in the end, when he turns back to question what's going on, he's immediately killed for it. It's kinda awkward how the story carries out. Like as if they saw that he was really strong and people might have problems, and he can listen to reason, but not *enough* reason.

It's not like say Micaiah or Camus where he wasn't being subjected to an outwardly antagonistic hand (or at least with Micaiah, not initially). It's for the same reason that people express frustrations with Nohr!Corrin. Because Corrin does the same thing here.

Edited by Augestein

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly love Eldigan's character but it's pretty hard to appreciate him with the game alone. No matter the translation, FE4 only has a few snippets of dialog with Eldigan that give a considerably bare bones characterization of him. It basically comes to the point that he follows an evil king because he is a loyal knight blah blah.

What really sets him above the rest though is his relationship with Raquesis. Yes, I know incest, but i think this was one of the only, if not THE only time this strange trope was used well in FE. EldiexRaquesis is taken as a tragic love story that can never come to be, but it has a huge impact on both characters. It really reminds me of Siegmund and Sieglinde in Wagner's plays. The best place to have this story played out is the Oosawa manga for FE4. Even though it isn't necessarily canon, I still believe it does an AMAZING job showing all of the characters from the first gen.

With what little the game gives you up front, Eldigan is a very basic character who realizes his flaw too late, but when you start digging into the lore and looking at Raquesis more, his character stands out so well. Makes me love Ares that much more.

• 2 weeks later...

Man I came in here to fight people who would be crapping on Eldigan but instead I got some seriously good/cool analytical looks at the motivations and possible machinations of some Judgral characters. Neat. Especially loved that bit on Bloom.

My only objection though....

1) He wanted to take care of Gandolf's army ALL BY HIMSELF in the Prologue...but that doesn't matter, because he allowed himself to be talked out of it. So no harm, no foul.

Um excuse me but I am pretty sure soloing the prologue is more than easily doable with just Sigurd, the unbalanced OP superlord he is :P

Man I came in here to fight people who would be crapping on Eldigan but instead I got some seriously good/cool analytical looks at the motivations and possible machinations of some Judgral characters. Neat. Especially loved that bit on Bloom.

My only objection though....

Um excuse me but I am pretty sure soloing the prologue is more than easily doable with just Sigurd, the unbalanced OP superlord he is :P

100% true, especially with his Sliver Sowrd of Doom! :D