{MyCastle} Prison Redone

WinterOkami

Considering the fact most of the units aren't professional at dealing with criminals couldn't that be sort of a stretch to just "talk to them"

And then miraculously after being all rude before they get out with their dumb poses and run away from the jail.

Despite it sounding silly, I feel as though we could have had some sort of torture mode mini-game.

"But it goes against Corrin's gimmick of being a nice guy!"

Having a prison in his castle is already breaking his gimmick to be honest as he litterally forces someone in his place to have them join their party.

To be honest this torture mini-game could be fun and depending on the character guarding their method change.

If you end up with Camilla you could have those scene where she could relentlessly beat down the prisoner until he accepts to join.

Maybe if you have Rhajat she could cast a spell on him and do a mini-game, depending on how fair you do the criminal joins.

Or if it has to come down to talking, have at least the option of choosing the sentence to use properly to convince the prisoner. If we're negociating it would be fun to choose the right words to please the person we need to have on the crew and maybe we could have the dialogues varry from a character no another {Ex: A character could be more inclined to join if you explain him Corrin's goal but one could also join because of a deal, like " We have massive genocides and stuff join us so you can fill your bloodlust".

In fact, it would have been great to have to use 2 options : "Negociate" and "Torture"

It would be great if they had given them more purpose rather than having capturable units be the pokemons of fates.

I know the developers were lazy when making the game but what do you think of this idea ?

Sounds too grimdark for fire emblem. I like the concept, but this sounds like something that would only exist in Conquest, and even then it would also be dependent on making Corrin less of a whiny noblebright mary-sue and more of a pragmatic character.

BR and Rev Corrin would never do it. Ever. It's just not the pure, precious Corn way.

As for conquest Corn, they're really just, I dunno, whiny and annoying. They'll never do it, but hey if Corrin was more of an anti-hero, pragmatic guy that maybe was an option, but as the Corn stands now, 'torture is so evil, we can't'

It would make more sense, if he was more, 'I'm not gonna kill you, but I'll beat you down so badly, you'll wish you had died!' but he's just 'Killing people is bad!' as such, torturing people would break his brain. Literally.

I think you have to throw logic out the window for the mechanic to make sense. Unless they are all mercenaries only loyal to whom pays them more in which case you should pay them with gold, not cabbages, making small talk with them wouldn't be enough to convince them to betray their nation. Torture is also too grimdark for any non-evil protagonist.

Sounds too grimdark for fire emblem. I like the concept, but this sounds like something that would only exist in Conquest, and even then it would also be dependent on making Corrin less of a whiny noblebright mary-sue and more of a pragmatic character.

I think you have to throw logic out the window for the mechanic to make sense. Unless they are all mercenaries only loyal to whom pays them more in which case you should pay them with gold, not cabbages, making small talk with them wouldn't be enough to convince them to betray their nation. Torture is also too grimdark for any non-evil protagonist.

BR and Rev Corrin would never do it. Ever. It's just not the pure, precious Corn way.

As for conquest Corn, they're really just, I dunno, whiny and annoying. They'll never do it, but hey if Corrin was more of an anti-hero, pragmatic guy that maybe was an option, but as the Corn stands now, 'torture is so evil, we can't'

It would make more sense, if he was more, 'I'm not gonna kill you, but I'll beat you down so badly, you'll wish you had died!' but he's just 'Killing people is bad!' as such, torturing people would break his brain. Literally.

Yeah but it would be hilarious and ridiculously entertaining to let's say wound the guy badly everyday until he joins, or have Midori drug him with special herbs.

I really thought Corrin would be sort of an anti-hero in CQ which he kind of is but not really because he is just pictured as misunderstood and acting evil. Having this torture mode could even be better if we could take in hostage their beloved ones, let's say you captured the unit in Nestria you could get the option to go there and kidnap his family and friends. For the sake of having Corrin be a good guy we could say that they will be well treated and they'll pretend like he/she is suffering for the guy to join them.

It would also go well if like Warchief said it was Conquest only.

It would also be great having interactions with prisoners and have them try to escape but then you have to track them down or accept to let them be.

There is just so much potential I can't help but get excited about it. It may sound a little too dark but the game talks about incest, pedophilia and beastiality so you could easily fit in torture while you are at it.

Or you could just have some people lean towards torture as their method of convincing (like hostage taking and what not) and others can use their money (royalty, perhaps), and some can attempt to use their charisma... Like maybe the crown princes.

This way you can get a variety of convincing methods.

But prison in this game is just a side for now. I suppose if they expanded on it, because it certainly has some merit, like capturing peg knights with pass and stuff. And of course, that one rally bot and spear guy.

Or you could just have some people lean towards torture as their method of convincing (like hostage taking and what not) and others can use their money (royalty, perhaps), and some can attempt to use their charisma... Like maybe the crown princes.

This way you can get a variety of convincing methods.

But prison in this game is just a side for now. I suppose if they expanded on it, because it certainly has some merit, like capturing peg knights with pass and stuff. And of course, that one rally bot and spear guy.

Come to think of it Charlotte could try seducing the prisoner, since that's what she is into.

But yeah Prison has so many potential it's a shame they didn't notice it