Something I realized about Halloween

Mufasa

About 1/3 of every person going out for Halloween is gonna be dressed as the joker. It's gonna be so freaking lame...

I mean, maybe it's just how I am, but it's just such an un-original idea, and people are only doing it cause they'll think that they'll be as cool as Heath Ledger, and that just makes them even more lame.

Plus, that was the guy's last role alive, no one will ever be able to play the part better than he did, so don't even bother. It's just so lame.

Personally, I grew out of Halloween when I was like 14. Now I just lock the glass door and let the little brats that come to my house to watch me feed on the Reeses that they so desperatley want as their parents stare at me with disapproving looks.

It's what the little bastards get for being so selfish and trying to be the freaking joker.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Halloween is not much of a big thing in the UK.

I was never into halloween :mellow: I found it quite boring...I wonder what halloween is like in the US?

Just another excuse for us to be lazy and fat.

And to teach little kids about cosplay.

I never noticed the similarities. Although most people will still deem cosplay to be lame, even if they are into halloween.

I think it's different for little kids to do it to get candy, while people who are fat and in their 30s try to dress up like Vash the Stampede....it just kinda disgraces the character IMO.

At least with little kids, their motivation isn't to be the character, they're just gluttons.

About 1/3 of every person going out for Halloween is gonna be dressed as the joker. It's gonna be so freaking lame...

I mean, maybe it's just how I am, but it's just such an un-original idea, and people are only doing it cause they'll think that they'll be as cool as Heath Ledger, and that just makes them even more lame.

Plus, that was the guy's last role alive, no one will ever be able to play the part better than he did, so don't even bother. It's just so lame.

Personally, I grew out of Halloween when I was like 14. Now I just lock the glass door and let the little brats that come to my house to watch me feed on the Reeses that they so desperatley want as their parents stare at me with disapproving looks.

It's what the little bastards get for being so selfish and trying to be the freaking joker.

You sound like a very upset person about it.

Who cares if they want to do something? It's not hurting you is it?

Personally you're behaving rather petty about it, they're just kids.

I think it's different for little kids to do it to get candy, while people who are fat and in their 30s try to dress up like Vash the Stampede....it just kinda disgraces the character IMO.

At least with little kids, their motivation isn't to be the character, they're just gluttons.

It's Holloween it's the only time in the fuckin year that complete strangers can walk up to your house without you calling the cops

I am going to be doing a more spiritual thing for Halloween.

O_o

If Spiritual=Religous

And Halloween=Celebrating mosters and ghouls

Then does:

Spiritual + Halloween = Devil Worship?

O_o

If Spiritual=Religous

And Halloween=Celebrating mosters and ghouls

Then does:

Spiritual + Halloween = Devil Worship?

No. Halloween isn't about celebrating monsters and ghouls, it's supposed to be the night where you can communicate with the dead, it's to give praise to your dead ancestors and wish them well in the after life, and ask them to watch over you.

I in no way worship the Devil, I don't even believe in the Devil, I'm Wiccan.

Edited by Cynthia

You sound like a very upset person about it.

Who cares if they want to do something? It's not hurting you is it?

Personally you're behaving rather petty about it, they're just kids.

Well, my only problem with it is that if I was Heath Ledger(and still alive) I'd feel like the joker was a part of me. Something that could be part of my identity, and people that dress up like the joker in the exact same way as I did, is sorta like stealing my identity. Which I personally find pretty uncool.

And it's not hurting me directly, but I think that it would bother Heath if he was still around, even if he didn't say anything about it. It's still part of his identity.

And yeah, I know they're just kids, and I wouldn't blame the kids if they we're younger than 11, but kids that age should not be going to see The Dark Knight. And even less should their role model be the Joker.

But like dudes who are 15, 16, even people my age are gonna dress like the joker, and even though it's not their intention, it'll feel like they're mocking him.

A lot of video games are based off of the mythology behind Paganism/Wiccan.

Yeah I've learned that a while A go, hell I've learn more mythology from Halo and various other games and anime than most classes I was supposed to take

Well, my only problem with it is that if I was Heath Ledger(and still alive) I'd feel like the joker was a part of me. Something that could be part of my identity, and people that dress up like the joker in the exact same way as I did, is sorta like stealing my identity. Which I personally find pretty uncool.

And it's not hurting me directly, but I think that it would bother Heath if he was still around, even if he didn't say anything about it. It's still part of his identity.

And yeah, I know they're just kids, and I wouldn't blame the kids if they we're younger than 11, but kids that age should not be going to see The Dark Knight. And even less should their role model be the Joker.

But like dudes who are 15, 16, even people my age are gonna dress like the joker, and even though it's not their intention, it'll feel like they're mocking him.

Yeah remind me to have my friend know this when he joins

No. Halloween isn't about celebrating monsters and ghouls, it's supposed to be the night where you can communicate with the dead, it's to give praise to your dead ancestors and wish them well in the after life, and ask them to watch over you.

I in no way worship the Devil, I don't even believe in the Devil, I'm Wiccan.

Lol. It was just a joke.

Personally, I DO believe in a devil. Though I don't think he's as bad a guy as people make him out to be.

What I don't find cool is how devil worshipers do all that sacrificing and crazy shit like that. That's a little far. Hell, that's WAY far. And WAY disturbing.

I think you're wrong, as I think he would be flattered that people like his role so much they want to imitate him. If no one did, then I think he would feel he was forgotten.

Don't blame the kids, blame the parents, they take them to see the movie, and it's really not that bad.

Really you should stop being a fiend and taunting children with candy behind a door. How much better are you than them?

Lol. It was just a joke.

Personally, I DO believe in a devil. Though I don't think he's as bad a guy as people make him out to be.

What I don't find cool is how devil worshipers do all that sacrificing and crazy shit like that. That's a little far. Hell, that's WAY far. And WAY disturbing.

It's jokes like that which caused the executions of my people during the burning ages...

I think you're wrong, as I think he would be flattered that people like his role so much they want to imitate him. If no one did, then I think he would feel he was forgotten.

Don't blame the kids, blame the parents, they take them to see the movie, and it's really not that bad.

Really you should stop being a fiend and taunting children with candy behind a door. How much better are you than them?

-Well that's just a matter of opinion. And maybe he would be like that. But If I were him I'd feel the opposite way. So I guess it's just a difference in opinion/environment.

-I do blame the parents. Most of the parents would make their kids dress like the joker because the parents themselves like Heath Ledger. While the kids doesn't care so long as he gets candy.

-Lol. I was just joking about that. I like to play devil's advocate like that every now and then. ^^

It's jokes like that which caused the executions of my people during the burning ages...

But those aren't the ages we live in.

Edited by Damon Feath Settrock

But those aren't the ages we live in.

I guess that means it's okay to discriminate again?

We don't live in the Holocaust anymore either, does that mean that we can discriminate Jewish people?

Edited by Cynthia

Another day another wonderful topic in FFtF :)

Lol. You'd miss me if I was gone.

Well, maybe not. But things would certainly be different.

(Better or worse, who can tell, but it'd be different either way.)

Lol. You'd miss me if I was gone.

Well, maybe not. But things would certainly be different.

(Better or worse, who can tell, but it'd be different either way.)

I don't know you should know my motto, "live every day with a gun on your back and a face of a recon"