3DS to New3DS System Transfer / DLC

helli

Hey guys,

I buyed a New 3DS a few months ago and now I want to transfer my old 3DS files to my New 3DS.

It seems that Fire Emblem Savefiles are stored on the Gamecard, so I dont have to worry about my savegames when doing the System transfer, but what happens to my DLC's which I recently bought with a E-Shop Card.

I already checked Fire Emblem on my old 3DS but all the DLC's are missing.

Is there a way to keep my DLC's after a System Transfer?

There are only files and folders with numbers on my 3ds microSD card. No way to import these files after a System Transfer i guess.

Well I think Im gonna leave my old Games and media on my old 3DS. And connect my New3ds now with my Nintendo ID.

P.S. I also got some money left on my New3ds profile after I buyed FE DLC's. So I think I will loose this money as well. -.-""" when transfering the data

Edited by helli

I think I know what you're trying to do and I recommend being extremely careful.

Here's the lowdown of all the information you need:

Firstly, any DLC you purchase or download is locked to the "3DS profile" that downloaded it. So in your case, the DLC you downloaded onto your original 3DS is locked to your original 3DS.

However, you can transfer DLC (and digital games) to another 3DS using a System Transfer. If you do a System Transfer from your original 3DS to your new 3DS, the 3DS profile from your original 3DS will overwrite the 3DS profile on your new 3DS. In addition, your original 3DS will have a blank 3DS profile.

This will allow you to play your DLC on your new 3DS. In addition, anything new that you downloaded on your new 3DS *should* still be available (in other words, the DLC from your original 3DS and new 3DS should combine), but I'm not 100% sure. You should check your 3DS manual (the thick book) for the details.

BUT to access your original DLC, you need to move the SD card from your original 3DS to your new 3DS, since the DLC is saved onto the SD card. Alternatively, you can use a computer to copy the contents of the SD card from the original 3DS to the SD card of your new 3DS. If your new 3DS is literally a "new Nintendo 3DS" (or XL), you can also use the in-built microSD file transfer app from the System Settings.

Hope that makes sense. If you have any questions, just shout.

Edited by VincentASM

first of all thank you for your help :)

but I think you misunderstood me.

I have:

1) 3DS / profile connected to NintendoNetwork ID / GBA games, photos e.t.c.

2) New3DS / profile NOT connected to NintendoNetwork ID / FE: DLC's and some leftover money (E-Shop Card)

what i want:

1) My old GBA games on my New3DS

2) New3DS Profile connected to my NintendoNetwork ID

3) and keep all my FE: Fates Data on my New3ds of course

bute here is the problem I guess.... i have a offline profile with dlc's and money.... and my online ID profile on my old DS with all my games. i dont think that I can merge these two profiles... keeping my money, DLC's and my GBA games

Edited by helli

This will allow you to play your DLC on your new 3DS. In addition, anything new that you downloaded on your new 3DS *should* still be available (in other words, the DLC from your original 3DS and new 3DS should combine), but I'm not 100% sure. You should check your 3DS manual (the thick book) for the details.

Information about this is very unclear.

However, from research, it does seem to be the case.

Just a word of note, if you have any problems, calling Nintendo about eShop and NNID issues will likely solve it. They'll work with you to make sure you get the games you bought.

2) New3DS / profile NOT connected to NintendoNetwork ID / FE: DLC's and some leftover money (E-Shop Card)

I could be wrong, but I don't think its possible to have a profile that has downloaded paid material and is still not linked to a NNID. Isn't your NNID what you use to access the e-Shop (and you do so via the game interface for DLC)?

Also, if your two DSs have different NNIDs, then I don't think you could do a System Transfer without overwriting the one on your New3DS. Again, I could be wrong. I didn't have that problem myself, but I only did the bare minimum of setup on my New3DS so that I could play Conquest and perform a system transfer as soon as I got home. I'm pretty sure I never accessed the e-Shop before the transfer. The data of Conquest was not affected, but I didn't have any DLC yet (just the game card).

Of course,

if you have any problems, calling Nintendo about eShop and NNID issues will likely solve it. They'll work with you to make sure you get the games you bought.

Anyway, good luck with your game transfer.