I've been playing the same-sex homebrew...

Ebony

And I gotta say, I wish it would let us really customize hair colors in game, like really customize it. Similar to the color sliders.

I say this because I'd love to get something like Ryoma's hair color on Forrest like I did in this run.

IUOVBX7.png

It's honestly very cute.

Sorry, just wanted to share from playing this and decided to put it here.

Color sliders would be pretty cool, really they're missing quite a bit of stuff for fully customizing your avatar which is kinda lame. Maybe next avatar will be a bit better.

[insert my super salty rants about my options here]

Edit: Gay fates is definitely worth it and gay Awakening was exactly what made me homebrew my 3ds in the first place.

Edited by Zerosabers

Damn, that color looks really good on Forrest. Even if I prefer him with pink hair.

Color sliders would've really been neat for hair colors. There's a lot of ways the Avatar customization could've been better, frankly; I still don't fully get why they abandoned letting you customize your portrait's clothes, even if that was only by virtue of picking a starting class back in New Mystery.

I gotta stop being lazy and get around to homebrewing my 3ds for gay Fates/Awakening.

I used to have a homebrewed 3ds (my older one).

Is gay fates worth it?

I'm going to say yes.

Even if you don't do same sex marriage options, it lets MCorrin marry whoever he wants and he doesn't have to risk losing a kid if you're so into it.

It also lets you do Scarlet x Ryoma which I know a lot of people love~

Damn, that color looks really good on Forrest. Even if I prefer him with pink hair.

Color sliders would've really been neat for hair colors. There's a lot of ways the Avatar customization could've been better, frankly; I still don't fully get why they abandoned letting you customize your portrait's clothes, even if that was only by virtue of picking a starting class back in New Mystery.

I gotta stop being lazy and get around to homebrewing my 3ds for gay Fates/Awakening.

Shiro himself also looks great as a blonde.

yFzrDal.png

I want Hinoka!Forrest hair color without wasting Forrest's potential as a magical nuke.T_T

I've seen you post this opinion a ton and (while it is off topic), I don't really think Hinoka!Forrest is bad or not worth trying. Yeah, he does like Sakura a bit more and his Magic Mod will only be +2, but his Growths are actually great. 65% Magic coupled with 50% Speed as a Sorcerer is pretty darn nice. The same even applies as a Strategist, just with 5% less Magic. He can get Rally Speed from Falco Knight too for some good general Support. Considering how well Hinoka works with Leo (and to a lesser degree Leo working with Hinoka, mostly as a Falcon Knight), I think it's certainly worth giving a try. Trust me, it's nowhere near as god awful as Elise!Kiragi.

On topic, I bet Forrest and Kiragi would make a fun pair of siblings.

Just be warned that the gay fates hack screws around with the buddy system. It adds in a bunch of new platonic same-sex supports (though most don't have dialogue yet), mostly between first gens and second gens, but it's impossible to get an A+ support between any two non-sibling first gens with this hack, so it may mess with your team building plans.

Man, it's not like a color slider would even be that hard to implement anyway.

At the cost of user-friendliness a basic set of RGB sliders would cover all the options in a very non-resource-intensive way. But I'm sure, with high probability, that even one of the more conventional and user-friendly color sliders (e.g. photoshop's implementation) would be perfectly within the computing power of a 3ds to handle easily.

Given the way that dynamic hair colors are handled, the only "drawback" is that users may choose some really saturated shitty color like #ff0000 for their hair, or something. Which isn't a dev's issue, anyway. If a user wants eye-blinding hair, they can do that to themselves.

why have 30 when you can have 16 million

Edited by Thor Odinson

Just be warned that the gay fates hack screws around with the buddy system. It adds in a bunch of new platonic same-sex supports (though most don't have dialogue yet), mostly between first gens and second gens, but it's impossible to get an A+ support between any two non-sibling first gens with this hack, so it may mess with your team building plans.

Yep. However it doesn't really mess with me so much so I'm okay with it, but this is a very fair warning.

To update for fun, I got Thane's waifu and the girl who can now actually be a bisexual.

AHVfI3o.png

9yrR3gb.png

qNvIZyr.png

1rbshZd.png

Oh wow. I saw Soleil's new other-father support set, particularly support B, where her dad embarrasses her in front of her date in a well-meaning way and she actually snaps at her date and defends her father when her date insults him, and I just thought to myself...

"They have to put in Laslow x Azama. I have to see what Azama would do there."

Edited by Alastor15243