South Park Season 20 Discussion

Captain Karnage

South Park has kind of lost me lately. These days, it's never funny and always just annoying to me. That said, I haven't watched the new episode yet, so maybe my opinion will change after what was in my opinion a rather lackluster Season 19.

Edited by Funky Tim

I haven't really kept up with any series lately, besides Better Call Saul. I don't really hate South Park lately, like the Simpsons, which I think should just die already, but always being topical takes away the ageless feel that most old South Park episodes had.

I wish they'd go back to an episode bassis rather than this continus format

I agree. I liked the continuity they had running in the background in earlier seasons - like Kenny's death and eventual reincarnation or Mr. Garrisson's ever-changing sexuality and gender. Those were fun, but never stood in the way of the current episode's main story.

I don't mind the occasional 2-3 part story, but I agree, episodes that can stand on their own is my preferred format for cartoon comedies. I'd also like more episodes that aren't just based on the pop culture of the week.

Really, I think I started paying less attention to South Park, when it became the "Randy is an Idiot" Show. Really, if I want to watch a cartoon about a stupid father, I can watch the Simpsons, or anything by Seth MacFarland, all of which also suck right now. Randy is okay, but best in small doses, not the star of more than 50% of the episodes. I remember in early seasons, where Randy was more or less one of the straight men of the series.

Edited by Rezzy

I will say that PC Principal is one of the best characters introduced to the series in a long time. He's not an amazing character and I can understand why people will hate him, but he was an amazing catalyst for the theme of political correctness in the last season. I'm glad he's back, but hopefully he will have less of a major role in this season.