My First Sprites

Gentleman_Like

Hey guys,

Gentleman Like here.

I need help guys. So, since it's finally the holidays for me at least I am finally able to work on mugs and battle animations

This is my first time doing these so it would be really nice if you guys could give me helpful advice on them

(p.s. Each of the mugs are spliced)

Here they are:

Noah:

Here is Noah's mug (For now he's called Noah)

nTt9M4g.png

And here is his class. This is a personal class that I like to call 'Mage Lord'

Normal Attack -

B5asaNv.gif

Raven:

Here is Raven's mug

pNtSUaZ.png

And here is his class. Again, it's another personal class. This one is called the 'Hunter' class

No animation sorry

His starting stance -

5RleYBN.png

That's all I have for now.

Sorry, not everything is completed yet but I just want some early advice before I go on with these .-.

Thank you guys, hopefully you like them

MAGE LORD!

Sorry, that's an inside joke I have with a friend...

In all seriousness some of the shading needs to be a little more distinguishable at least with the battle sprites. If you look at the fleshy tones from a distance, it just looks like one colour.

MAGE LORD!

Sorry, that's an inside joke I have with a friend...

In all seriousness some of the shading needs to be a little more distinguishable at least with the battle sprites. If you look at the fleshy tones from a distance, it just looks like one colour.

Yeah, I see that

I'll have to work on them a little more

Do you have any other advice???

nTt9M4g.png

If this is your first mug, It's actually pretty good for a first try. But even so, there are some problems with it.

The palette for the hair is a bit too light. Try not to make your own colors, but instead just take colors from already existing GBA mugs.

As for the anatomy and stuff for the portrait...

The neck is a too long, and the left shoulder, our point of view should be moved just a pixel or two to the left. And there is a weird color on the top middle of his jacket. Also his right shoulder should be raised up a pixel or two.... also the outline is different than the fe7 outline.

Example of what to do

unknown.png

nTt9M4g.png

If this is your first mug, It's actually pretty good for a first try. But even so, there are some problems with it.

The palette for the hair is a bit too light. Try not to make your own colors, but instead just take colors from already existing GBA mugs.

As for the anatomy and stuff for the portrait...

The neck is a too long, and the left shoulder, our point of view should be moved just a pixel or two to the left. And there is a weird color on the top middle of his jacket. Also his right shoulder should be raised up a pixel or two.... also the outline is different than the fe7 outline.

Example of what to do

unknown.png

The outline is a different colour 0_o

Thanks for the advice Coby

So I should try to make mugs using colours from other existing GBA mugs instead of using my own colours correct???

Should I do that for Raven also???