YouTube Heroes, #Youtubeisoverparty

Captain Karnage

well, were kinda fucked.

here's the closest to what I think

now that anyone can become a moderator content creators are going to have to worry about if someone who disagrees with there opinion can easily ruin their income.

I don't like this.

Edited by Captain Karnage

When I first saw the title I thought it was about the whole community guidelines shenanigans.

I'm guessing the main reason why people are mad about this is "Hey, we know that our bots and flagging system is easily taken advantage of, but you can fix it for us!"

...well, then.

I've made some... opinionated statements about FE on my channel.

And some people don't like those things.

I'm lucky I don't really rely on YouTube anymore.

This is terrifying.

Especially for people that rely on YouTube income and/or bigger channels.

That like/dislike bar on their own site, lol.

55860 views and 17836 Dislikes (nice 1:18 like to dislike ratio).

They even disabled the comments.

Clearly, Youtube Heroes seems to have been incredibly well received by the community.

This is yet another wonderful scenario where people will be like "OMG Youtube is over!" for a few days, then completely forget about it and move on. Just like with YouTube Red. And the community guidelines. And the whole Copyright thing.

People will talk about it to get views, easy clickbaits and then y'all gonna look like fools... again :P

Sometimes I think Youtube wants to intentionally off themselves with some of the stuff they pull.

But, I doubt this will be a huge issue, because it'll either turn out to be like the demonetization thing a few weeks ago or it'll just be forgotten about in a couple days because despite it appearing concerning, it won't actually effect anything. If it does become a serious thing, we'll probably have to have half of the entire site making videos about changing with Youtube being the way it is. I really hope some alternative to Youtube comes around sometime, because this is getting ridiculous.

Just what vengeful SJWs need, the official designation that they are 'heroes'. That's some Big Brother shit right there.

wakes up from a coma

"doctor, what year is it"

"it's 1984"

"but fell off that ladder in 1998"

"sir, it's 1984"

Just what vengeful SJWs need, the official designation that they are 'heroes'. That's some Big Brother shit right there.

Oh yes, the "eeeeeeevil and always lurking SJWs" are going to ruin youtube once again.... even though SJW channels always get reported, ID claimed, striked and generally trolled. Surely they will once again abuse Youtube and bring war with Youtube Heroes. I can't see anyway in which that could work the other way around.

At all.

For real.

SJWs are the only cause of everyone's problems, I swear.

Edited by 20XX

Oh yes, the "eeeeeeevil and always lurking SJWs" are going to ruin youtube once again.... even though SJW channels always get reported, ID claimed, striked and generally trolled. Surely they will once again abuse Youtube and bring war with Youtube Heroes. I can't see anyway in which that could work the other way around.

At all.

For real.

SJWs are the only cause of everyone's problems, I swear.

I'm merely saying that Youtube is encouraging vindictive moral police to control what they deem is proper content. You make an ass of yourself when you strawman me as a "Youtube is doomed" naysayer. I didn't say SJW are the only people who would abuse the system.

I'm merely saying that Youtube is encouraging vindictive moral police to control what they deem is proper content. You make an ass of yourself when you strawman me as a "Youtube is doomed" naysayer. I didn't say SJW are the only people who would abuse the system.

"Just what vengeful SJWs need" is a poor choice of words, then. You're implying that the chance to do bad is only presented to SJWs. That might have not been your intention, but that's what it reads.

On 1984, ehhh... I don't agree there. You're not being monitored by the people flagging videos, only the content creators. It still sucks, but it's not a Big Brother situation, where every move is controlled.

Farenheit 451 (About a guy whose job is to burn books deemed innapropiate by the government) to me sounds more like the current situation (or at least what people want to make it look like)

Also somewhat unrelated, but just because I'm a giant ass does not mean you get to call me an ass, Mr Neko. You know, because I didn't insult you at all.

Real advice here, personal attacks, (out in the open, at least) won't make your one liners stronger, just wittier which is kinda lame, while also giving a nice platform for the other person to defend and counterattack :P

Edited by 20XX

Because giving power to random strangers on the internet in order to make them do your work for you is a fantastic idea, right?

Would could possibly go wrong?

Not that YouTube/Google give a damn. They never do. After all, the community is now not only doing even more of the work that Google should be doing itself (for free nonetheless!), it also acts as a convenient scapegoat if YouTube ever gets into legal trouble.

Then again, given YouTube's long history of trying to wash its hands of all responsibility, I've long since grown too apathetic to even really feel disgusted. It's just saddening.

That 98.3% dislike ratio on their own promo video is quite amusing, though.

Nothing gonna happen. At best, they gonna say "Opps!" and remove the Youtube Heroes idea but the demonized of youtubers will be the same. A fan of conspiracy can say that this is just a distraction to drag people's attention away from the demonized of youtubers. At worse, they will stick with it and youtube will become larger than ever because honestly, people will accept anything from youtube without questioning and soon all of this fiasco will be forgotten.

Edited by Magical CC

The big question is: How easy is it to level up in this new program? I understand the misgivings and or scepticism, but not the massive outcry.
If implemented correctly and misconduct of flagging (or spamming wrong subs) is punished severely (which to be honest I have my doubts about), it could be a better alternative to the automatic flagging system currently in use.
If I'm allowed to play the devil's advocate: The youtube community was complaining about the automatic flagging/content ID system and demanded another solution, but when a possible solution arises they push it away without even trying to properly understand the mechanics. Isn't this a bit hypocritical? Surely people realise that it is impossible for Google to monitor all of "the hundreds of millions new videos uploaded each day" all by themselves, without the use of any bots or the help of the community? Then again I don't now the details myself, so maybe I shoud keep my mouth shut.

Edited by Masterthunderblade

does it? it's a private entity silencing their own content. seems fair to me, honestly.

it's really fucking dumb, but i don't think this crosses lines anywhere.

There's nothing wrong with it in principle, but in practice I really want to know how well moderated these moderators will be. I don't approve of letting just anyone be a moderator, who ch is what this is doing. Can you imagine how much SF would suck if anyone could be a mod no strings attacked?