[Python 3.4+] Basic Battle Simulator

MasashiH

I have no clue of where to put this so it's here.

Have been working on this as I kept learning things for object-oriented programming by searching a lot on my own.

--- Basic Battle Simulator ---

Quite the title. Take turns between you and the opponent to defeat the other.

Python required: 3.4 or higher (I think 3.x might work well anyways)

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ta8mw1jybwidrwo/BattleSimulatorVer2.py?dl=0

Available classes (your opponent will be randomized, selecting one of the classes below)

- Soldier (Balanced physical attacker.)

- Mage (Magical Attacker that can debuff enemies. Has a bit less health than the soldier.)

- General (High health, phyiscal damage and defense, but has mediocre hit rate.)

- Swordmaster (Has high hit rate and extra critical strike chance. Rather fragile.)

- Archon ("Straight ripped out of Starcraft LEL". Has insane magic damage and defenses, but has the lowest health from all the classes.)

Skills (case-sensitive, will raise an "unacceptable command" if written as for example Luna)

Universal

bash - Stuns the target for three turns (2 stun turns, 1 recovery turn)

Class-Specific

debuffmres - Mage only. Reduces enemy magic resistance by a percentage.

debuffdef - Mage only. Reduces enemy defence by a percentage.

luna - Soldier, General only. Next attack ignores half of the enemy's defense.

astra - Probably most people's favourite skill in the Fire Emblem series, Swordmaster only. 5 attacks at 75% damage (also for some reason I decided to ignore enemy defense by 20%)

Basic AI is written, but it is based on RNG choosing. (AI will usually attempt to use a skill that is not allowed by its selected class)

Feedback is more than welcome, it will help me for a later project. Feel free to test the game!

Edited by MasashiH

I suppose the approach of "put it in the most permissive subform" is something I can get behind and admire. However, I don't think this belongs here. I'll do An Exception, and leave this in two places!